Regent Worf's Flagship

Deep Space Nine
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Regent Worf's Flagship

Post by Granitehewer »

I'm curious as to how people would rate Regent Worf's Flagship from the alternate universe, and wondering if anyone fancied giving an estimate strength indice
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I'd just double that standard stats for the Negh'var. Maybe a bit more but not to much.

I can't blame them for just scalling it up. I costs money to design a new ship that you are only going to see once.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I agree. Probably 2.2 - 2.25x Negh'Var strength. And a simple scale up is logical, and not just for production reasons - the Klingon basic design philosophy has changed, well, NEVER. And, the Negh'Var was the Klingon SOTA in the "real" universe, so to make something twice as powerful at the exact same tech level... just make the sucker twice as big! Sounds like a nice, normal Klingon answer.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Ex astris or memory alpha (damn memory of mine!!) seem to scale the Regency one at 2km, whilst others suggest a figure of 4.5km, does anyone have an opinion here,as to its length?
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mikey wrote:I agree. Probably 2.2 - 2.25x Negh'Var strength.
It would be a lot more than that. Regency One is at least 2 - 3 times the length of the Negh'var, making it something like 10 times as massive. Any scale-up would probably be better off multipling that way rather than a straight multiple based on length.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Just because there is a lot of room doesnt mean its all used. Look at the Galaxy and D'Deridex. It could be empty or used for soilders or diplomacy.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

According to the Ditl the Regency one is 4.5km, does anyone here have a figure that closely suits either 2km or 4.5km? Am rubbish with screen captures etc
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I really don't think that the strength of the ship would increase in direct, even proportion to its mass compared to the Negh'Var.
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

If we use the Ditl figures:
4,500m Regency One
4,800m Dominion Dreadnought 22,514
890km Scimitar 10,745
682m Negh'var 1,951
I'm thinking, that the Dominion are technologically ahead of the Klingons and so the Regency one shouldn't be comparable to the Dominion Dreadnought, and the dominion dreadnought has a far larger area and volume(also we don't know the relative purpose of each ship, battleship, carrier, intimidator etc), so far the Regency should be < 22k.
Then if we all look at the Scimitar, the scimitar has 'the perfect cloak' and the thalaron emitter, so i'm thinking here, that perhaps the Regency one, should have less of a strength indice than the scimitar, so <10,745.
So i was thinking that perhaps a figure of 7,500 seems alright?
Any takers?
Just my ideas, obviously nothing solid, but i'd appreciate anyone joining in!
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

yeah 6-8k sounds about right.

Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

yeah, because if its, say built for intimidation value, it might not be immensely efficient or practical......
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

sounds OK to me!
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Hang on, if Regency One is 4.5 km long, then it's over 50 times the mass of the Scimitar. I don't see how such a size discrepancy can be overcome with a cloak. Particularly a cloak that renders the ship visible to the naked eye while dropping out of warp, and was hit repeatedly during the battle, even before Troi's telepathic stuff.

Moreover, I don't see any evidence that Dominion warships are more powerful than Fed or Klingon ships of equal size. Sure there were technical problems initially, but once the Feds had adapted their shields to deal with polaron weaponary the problem was more one of numbers than individual superiority.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

So you'd suggest a figure of.......
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

The figures for the regular Negh'var are:

Beam Firepower : 4,100
Torpedo Firepower : 960
Weapon Range and Accuracy : 1,260
Shield Strength : 800
Hull Armour : 2,900
Speed : 1,000
Combat Manoeuvrability : 870

Given the fact that a 4.5 km R1 has over 280 times the volume of a 680m Negh'var, I think two orders of magnitude increase in power would be reasonable, with a reduction in speed and manoeuverability.

Beam Firepower : 410,000
Torpedo Firepower : 96,000
Weapon Range and Accuracy : 1,260
Shield Strength : 80,000
Hull Armour : 30000
Speed : 900
Combat Manoeuvrability : 150

Total : 156,000

This is, of course, assuming that the ship's armaments are at least a rough scale-up of the Negh'var's. The fact that the mirror Defiant was able to inflict any damage strongly implies that it was not. Nonetheless, I would peg the ship's strength no lower than tens of thousands - it was expected to batter its way through Terok Nor's shields without much of a problem.