Stargate Andromeda

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Stargate Andromeda

Post by Reliant121 »

Ae'tesh slowly raised its hand.

"I have one. While the populace do not seem affected by the Goa'uld, is there evidence of any other Goa'uld on the planet? or at least, Any signs of Goa'uld technology or ruins?"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

"None, that we have discovered. However, keep in mind this will be a first contact mission. We have only sent a MALP and a UAV for recon. The UAV didn't detect any signs of the Goa'uld, but we certainly haven't scouted the entire planet yet. Meet the people, find out what they know, if anything....and establish relations."
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

with the last remark from the Colonel, Kale stood up.

"Alright Alpha Team, let's move. We'll meet in the gate room in ten minutes, collect your gear so we can move out." He said.

As everyone began to disassemble, Kale approached the Colonel, "Ma'am. as this is our first off world mission I think it would be wise to have the Beta team ready with a marine outfit in case we run into something we aren't expecting."

-------------------------------------

Kale watched as the puddle settled allowing them access to the one-way wormhole that would take them off to untold dangers and paradises. The last of his team was arriving all with their standard gear.

"Alpha Team, we'll see you when you get back." The Colonel said releasing them for their mission.

"Let's move." Kale said, and started walking up the ramp toward the stargate.

Just another interstellar portal to God knows where. Just please don't let me screw this up.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Davis waited on the boarding ramp as a MALP was sent to determine the atmosphere of the planet. "I hope its something like from Avatar with huge purple mushrooms and strange animals and trees the size of the biggest buildings."

A few of the more experienced personnel smirked. It was always earth-like forestry areas.

"Its safe," Someone said over the loud speaker. Davis followed the rest of his team into the swirling vortex. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes before jumping in...
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Anderson took a breath to steady himself, and followed the team through the Gate. No matter how many times he went through the Gate he couldn't suppress a small shudder as he exited each time he realized what he had done. The idea of traveling hundreds of lightyears in a matter of seconds still seemed slightly ludicrous. Lieutenant Davis had paused just outside the gate examining their new surroundings. Though he hid it well, Anderson could tell he was a bit disappointed by the worlds striking resemblance to the Pacific Northwest.

"Not quite what you expected right?" he asked, placing a hand on the lieutenants shoulder.

"Hm? Oh no, it's quite nice" he faltered at the knowing look Anderson was giving him, "I just expected an alien world to be a bit, well, alien."

"Oh I know perfectly well how you feel. That was my first expectation too. Don't worry, they're out there." He left Davis to walk over to where the Major had gathered a small group to see if there was a plan.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Daniel was the last man to clear the event horizon. Looking around, he was stunned by the sheer natural beauty of the place. Even in Earth national parks, signs of man were abundant. Here was just natural, unspoiled, splendor. Breathing deeply he could taste the forest on the air. The whole team looked around with wonder.

"Come on, people!" barked Gunnery Sergeant Gordon "We're standing with our balls in the breeze out here! Form up, secure the MALP, then move out and secure the perimeter."

Without thinking, the team snapped out of their reverie and quickly completed their assigned tasks.

Marks' look wryly at Moore who shrugged and said "That's why God invented Sergeants."

With a chuckle, Marks' agreed and began to move out to recon the area when suddenly something, be it a scent on the breeze, or a snapping twig, or even something less tangible caused his sixth sense to flare.

He dropped to his knee, threw his clenched left fist in the air and he brought his P90 up to bear. The others, seeing his move, did the same.

Nothing happened for a minute of two, and then out of the forest strolled a man like something out of a Davey Crockett story. He was a very large, and brawny man, build not unlike the trees that surrounded the gate. He wore a fur cap with the tail of some small animal hanging down his back, and what looked to be some kind of homemade uniform. But what caught everyone's attention was the massive flintlock rifle that he carried easily. On his belt he carried a knife as long as Marks' forearm, as well as two hatchets.

With a friendly smile he said "Why don't ya'll just go ahead put those weapons o' yours on down, so we can have us a chat real friendly-like."

All eyes darted towards Maj. Moore who looked distinctly uncomfortable with the idea.

"Come on now." The man in the fur cap said "As long as ya'll mind yer manners, ain't no harm gonna come to ya."

"How do I know that?" Moore asked quietly

Their "captor" blew three sharp whistles with his lips without moving and resumed his relaxed stance, as out of nowhere, about two dozen or so similarly dressed men came walking out of the surrounding woods and brush, all with flintlock rifles pointed in their direction.

"If I wanted ya'll hurt, ya'll already would be." He replied.

Looking around at SGA, Moore nodded to Marks' who slowly lay his weapon on the mossy surface.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

His weapon at his shoulder, Gordon spit his gum at the ground. "I'll die before I give up my weapon." Looking around at the group that surround them. "Single shot weapons at this range. We'll cut them down like so much wheat."
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

"Sergeant, put it down." Kyle said looking at Gordon.

As his head turned away from their ambushers Kyle winked at the Sergeant letting him know he just needed him to play along for a second. Looking around at everyone he gave signals to everyone that had a Zat including Ae'tesh and Marks.

Finally, Kyle knelt down to set his P90 on the ground.

As his hand left the gun, he yelled "Now."

Instantly a half a dozen people all stood up Zat's raised and began taking out the people assembled. Their sudden move seemed to take them by surprise as the first dozen went down without a shot fired. As they moved on, a few shots came from the rifles, but for the most part the men were so startled by the sudden move and power of the small weapons they missed their targets. A few seconds later the entire group lay in heaps around the clearing.

"Tie them up. We'll wait here for them to come to, then we can have a 'nice friendly-like chat'." Kyle said. "Mr. Davis, will you please report back to base, let them know what happened, it seems our scouting efforts are a bit too noticable."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Gordon jumped up, weapon in hand and scanned for new targets. Walking past Kyle, Gordon glared. "That was a dipshit move! You just risked the entire squad for no reason! Try to apply some thought next time." As Gordon walked away to check the forest he continued to mutter. "God damned civs playing dress up, kiss my ....... ... " the sound faded as he walked.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Ae'tesh watched all happening, scanning the forest with the staff extended and active. The bulbous noze fizzed slightly in the heat. The rather agitated marine stalked off muttering something, leaving an awkward hole in the conversation. Silence fell over the group.

This will be fun, i'm sure.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Gordon called back over the comms, his voice still harsh from his temper. "We clear out to at least a half kilometer. Those muskets scared just about everything off."