Season 4

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Season 4

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, consider that Galactica has been running without a full crew for five years, has been frequently engaged in combat with enemy warships, has had to do hundreds (if not thousands) of jumps, many of them being in the midst of combat, has fallen through the atmosphere of a planet, has suffered sabotage by enemy agents and has gotten blasted to the point of near destruction over New Caprica. Throughout that time it has never gotten any rest or real repairs (to quote Tigh, it'd take six months in dry dock just to hammer out all the dents), and the construction team who built her apparently cut corners.

Really, it says quite a lot that the ship's managed to survive this long at all. It also points nicely to how vastly superior Colonial vessels are to Cylon ships.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

BsG was weak in the bones. Her whole structure had inferior metal. That shows something.

Take a look at how badly one of the Basestars take during the battles. BsG will get hit hard but recover whereas Basestars get torn apart.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

And we are now done. Series finale was frickin' awesome.

The end twist caught me off guard but it really shouldn't have I guess.

To quote what Deep told me around season three......."Oh Shit, Son." :laughroll:

Next up......."The Plan"
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yay, another one who doesn't hate the ending of the show! :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Yay, another one who doesn't hate the ending of the show! :P
Brings the total up to.. what, 3?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Moonshadow
Petty officer first class

Post by Moonshadow »

I'm working my way through season 4.5 now. An old friend is back, Boomer took off, and Starbuck's acting mopey. Saul had a absolutely great line in one episode - he and Bill are in Bill's quarters getting sloshed, and Saul responds to a question from Bill, then comments "Great grampa was a power sander..."

I loved that line.

The season's getting even more intense. I'm feeling a bit saddened by the Big G's condition. Every time they show an exterior shot of her, I see the beating she's taken the last few years. Blast mark on forward dorsal hull, various pock marks and such all over. The creaking of the superstructure inside. I saw the last part of the finale on tv, so I know how it ends, but it still won't make it any easier to watch knowing as I do.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
Sionnach Glic wrote:Yay, another one who doesn't hate the ending of the show! :P
Brings the total up to.. what, 3?
And every last one of you is wrong.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Tyyr wrote:And every last one of you is wrong.
The finale was brilliant, from the initial jump to the colony to the final shot of Galactica over the moon. Anyone who says otherwise has no taste whatsover.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I think ending it just as Galactica flies over the moon, revealing the Earth beyond, would have been a great finale. It would have tied up most of the threads nicely (though a few, such as Roslin dying, would have needed to happen earlier), leaving the ultimate fate of the Colonials nicely ambiguous.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Sionnach Glic wrote:I think ending it just as Galactica flies over the moon, revealing the Earth beyond, would have been a great finale. It would have tied up most of the threads nicely (though a few, such as Roslin dying, would have needed to happen earlier), leaving the ultimate fate of the Colonials nicely ambiguous.
At least we can console ourselves in much the same way Galactica fans have been for thirty years - a solid and immoveable conviction that all that bullshit on Earth never happened.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

You know, I only now just realised that all the BS related to Galactica, from either series, only starts when they turn up at Earth. :lol:
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

:lol:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Sionnach Glic wrote:You know, I only now just realised that all the BS related to Galactica, from either series, only starts when they turn up at Earth. :lol:
:lol: Well I suppose that's the problem when your show is based on the premise of finding Earth. If they don't find it, you have a depressing finale as everybody dies. If they do find it you're left with "Ok... Now what?"
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Sionnach Glic wrote:You know, I only now just realised that all the BS related to Galactica, from either series, only starts when they turn up at Earth. :lol:
I wouldn't quite go that far. What about the mid-season 3 crap?

I agree that all the really bad stuff is Earth-related though.
Moonshadow

Post by Moonshadow »

I personally liked the ending of the series. The beauty shot of the battered battlestar gliding past the moon was nice, though the extent of her damage was heartbreaking. I would have liked a little bit longer fly-by by Adama - one last look...
Other than that, the wrap up was good.
Adama decided to build his cabin, Lee wants to go expolring, Kara has vanished, Six and Baltar looking toward their future, Galen wanting to be alone, Helo, Athena, and Hera together at last, Saul and Ellen - who knows what they decided to do. All in all, a good ending.
So, put me down for loving the wrap up to and overall excellent series.