Bord history

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Bord history

Post by sunnyside »

I just read the borg history article.

Could a possibility for the information from Enterprise being lost be part of an active coverup?

The reason being the temporal prime directive. From a purely practical standpoint it makes sense to act on the information gained from the time traveling borg.

But it would also makes sense from a purely practical point of view to do the Janeway thing across the whole of starfleet and get Kirk into a Sovereign!

Clearly starfleet proper keeps way away from that. So maybe they took the data from the enterprise and decided that since it was clearly from the future that using it would not only violate the prime directive, but also spin them off into a very different timeline, perhaps one that does not go well for starfleet.

Also is this the right place for something like this? If not shuffle it away.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

I can't readily reconcile 'regeneration' with the rest of none-ENT established trek, but there are Borg threads in tng/voy here and even the 'regeneration' thread in 'enterprise' that might deal with this particular pickle
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

In the comentary that comes with that episode on the DvD the writers explain the loss of knowledge as a number of factors:

-The Borg never say "We are the Borg, resistance is futile" in the episode because they don't always say that, they didn't when they first met Picard.

-There are numerous cybernetic creatures in the Galaxy. The Borg are just the most well known now. At the time of Enterprise there were several races that had cybernetic implants.

-The subspace transmision had already reached the Borg when Picard was thrown there. Q wouldn't have started a huge mess that wasn't already on its way. He just wanted to put Picard in the forefront of it all.

-Doctor Crusher used Dr. Phlox's research to help save Picard.

Now clearly the writer's defense has several large holes in it but those are their reasons why they thought it was okay. And personally I enjoyed the episode but thought the Borg should erase all the data about them when they left Earth and again when they left Enterprise.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I personaly hatethe idea of such a huge screw up by Enterprise. It is probably the single worse thing they ever did to continuity.

Those reasons could work but it is severaly straining credability.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Yet another example of Enterprise forcing the viewer down a serious stretch of rationality, instead of actually presenting plots that make sense right from the outset.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Oh, don't get me started on Enterprise, my problems with it could fill a book. :roll:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Rochey wrote:Oh, don't get me started on Enterprise, my problems with it could fill a book.
One which would, I'm sure, embody a good deal more thoughtfulness and care than the actual Enterprise screenplays... :roll:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, it's not like it would be difficult...
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"