4 Star Admiral

Re: SF mission planning - pilot thread

Post by Deepcrush »

New Mission

Objective - Target Termination/Information Collection
Location - England
Threats - Less then ten enemy personnel

Bio
Your last mission picked up a new asset code named Intel-6. I-6 has linked to several targets, including this one. (que target picture) David Estona, a British national who acted as the primary contact for I-6 before we turned him. Before we can move forward, we must cancel Estona and capture his home based server and harddrives intact. As his work involves a number of criminal groups, it shouldn't be hard to make it look like a hit from one of them. This is a priority, no evidence can be left to suggest that we or any government agency had a hand in this. So select your kit with this in mind.

Estona lives with his wife and brother in a small cottage outside of ******* (small town). They have several persons in their employ, all with criminal backrounds. Mostly in computer issues such as fraud and hacking and other minor dealings. The home has two main levels plus the basement which is where intel suggests his server is located. The only basement access is through the main house. We expect little response to an attack. While some of the targets may or may not be armed. There is the risk they may try to wipe the information we are after. You are to terminate all persons within the home.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Any known home security?

Sleep patterns?
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by BigJKU316 »

What time of year is it?

What sort of heating source does the house use?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Do any of the family members work away from home? If so, how many leave and at what times?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

What's the layout of the house?

Basic rooms known? like the bedrooms, the living room, dining room, kitchen.

Where in the basement is the server, also what protection does the server have, physically I mean. Like any armour around it, can it take any bullets.

Also is the basement full sized, half sized.

Do the employees work all the time, are they on shifts, if so who is on what shift and for how long? How long does it take to rotate shifts out if they are on shifts?
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Tyyr wrote:Any known home security?
None, these are low priority players.
Tyyr wrote:Sleep patterns?
Unknown.
BigJKU316 wrote:What time of year is it?
Now, 5 March 2010.
BigJKU316 wrote:What sort of heating source does the house use?
Internal, unknown maker.
Sionnach Glic wrote:Do any of the family members work away from home? If so, how many leave and at what times?
The wife comes and goes pretty often but all evidence points that the whole operation is home grown.
Nickswitz wrote:What's the layout of the house?

Basic rooms known? like the bedrooms, the living room, dining room, kitchen.
We have no intel on the layout of the house.
Nickswitz wrote:Where in the basement is the server, also what protection does the server have, physically I mean. Like any armour around it, can it take any bullets.

Also is the basement full sized, half sized.
Basement is 10m x 6m. The server has no protection.
Nickswitz wrote:Do the employees work all the time, are they on shifts, if so who is on what shift and for how long? How long does it take to rotate shifts out if they are on shifts?
They have no real shift system. We expect that our best hope of catching them all is with an even or early night attack.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

What is the size of the house?

Where are any windows and doors located?

How can we make it to the basement, we know we can only enter through the top floor, but where is the basement entrance within the house?
The world ended

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Time: 0300
Personnel: 4 4 man fire teams.
Equipment: H&K MP5SD3's for everyone. One man in each fire team carries a Benelli M3 semi-auto shotgun with breaching rounds and regular ammo. 9mm and 12 gauge shotgun rounds are too common to peg to anyone. Operators can choose to wear light body armor or not. No uniforms will be worn, civilian clothes only.

Assault plan: The primary word is stealth. Team 1's job is to secure the exterior of the house, disable any vehicles they find (preferably quietly like slicing tires), and prevent anyone from fleeing. Team 2's job is to infiltrate the house. They head directly for the basement access and secure the servers. Terminate anyone they find along the way, again quietly. Team 3 and 4 clear the house. Team 3 clears the bottom floor and Team 4 clears the upstairs. Once the house is clear and the target is confirmed eliminated team Team 3 and 4 "gang it up," returning to each body to put several more randomly aimed shots into each and to the surrounding area. The rooms should all be tossed, valuables like wallets, jewelry, small electronics should be taken. While this is going on Team 1 will have the ground transport arrive, two medium sized vans. Team 2 will remove the servers and any data storage devices found. Everyone falls back to the vans and leaves. The stolen valuables will be destroyed upon the return of the teams.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Thats pretty good Tyyr. Anyone else like to propose another or just go with Tyyr's profile?
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Profile looks sound.

Looks sound, no big holes I can see in it.
The world ended

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

There are couple of potential problems I can see. One is going round shooting the bodies - tests might show that the wounds were post-mortem, which would raise eyebrows given the intended MO. The other is using breaching rounds in the shotguns - how common are they, and how likely are crooks to get hold of them (especially given the restricted nature of firearms in the UK)?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I can order a box of 20 breaching rounds right now out of one of my gun magazines.

If post-mortem wounds are a problem we can always have them go a bit buck wild to begin with.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Tyyr wrote:I can order a box of 20 breaching rounds right now out of one of my gun magazines.
You can in the US, but as Seafort pointed out... this won't be in the US.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

That's true, but how hard would it really be to get a hold of them if you can mail order them in one country? They're not certain to be used, only to be used if they absolutely have to be. If they do get used then you make sure that you use ones that are widely available to the public somewhere, say the U.S., and that they don't track back to anyone. Firearms traffic is registered, ammunition isn't.

The goal with the rounds is to keep the operation tempo up and not get bogged down by a locked door. The longer the firefight the more likely it is to draw attention and something could go south. To me its worth it to avoid a slow down to take some breaching rounds.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

There you have it. I run the factors tonight and post the mission result.