Laughing Man
Ensign
Ensign

Elder Scrolls V

Post by Laughing Man »

All i know so far is they're pushing for a 2010 release

Image found here Appears to be a screenshot of some scenery in the game

Looks good
Heck Is Where People Go Who Don't Believe In Golly!
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Elder Scrolls V

Post by Monroe »

Amazing pic
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

I was thinking Oblivion when I saw this thread, but doing some research I guess Oblivion is part of The Elder Scrolls. :lol:

I watched the play through of Oblivion on youtube, looked fun.

EDIT: And yeah, that is amazing!!
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

I really digged Morrowind. The huge world to explore, the numerous factions and the absolute fantastic depiction of an alien culture with the remarkable creative architecture, the numerous short story books, the interesting main storyline etc.. all of it made me forget about the rather crappy gaming and leveling system, I just didn't care.

And yet, altough far more popular, I could never bring myself to finish Oblivion. Maybe it is because the fascinating alien world is replaced with a medieaval cookie cutter fantasy world or the problems of the leveling system is more obvious, or it is because it seems extremly dumbed down, I found the world of Oblivion not one bit as immersive as the world of Morrowind. Maybe it's because the music and soundtrack can't hold a candle to morrowind (which theme still finds itself in many of my playlists) I don't know...... .

The same is true for FAllout 3. Everyone is in love with it, yet I find myself unwilling to play it past the really well done intro.

Long story short, I am a bit sceptical about a new Elder Scrolls title. They always make great graphics and worlds but the more the concentrate on the looks they seem to forget a bit of heart, something which makes the title more interesting, immersive.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.