Mass Effect 2 *Spoilers*

Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Mass Effect 2 *Spoilers*

Post by Aaron »

First off, please "spoilerize" any spoilers with the tag, some of us might be trying to avoid plot details.

That said, I figured it deserved it's own thread. It's released here in NA on the 26th of Jan, I'm ordering it tomorrow cause I want the armour and blackhole gun, anyone else looking forward to it? Reliant, I know you are.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Mass Effect 2 *Spoilers*

Post by Mikey »

Let me start off by saying that I am not a gamer. At all. However, this is a good spot for me to ask a question. I've seen the ads, advertising the extras you mention... is that stuff (and any other parts of the franchise) a blatant 40k rip-off (terminus armor = terminator armor, black-hole gun = D-cannon) or am I reading too much into that?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

I get a 40K vibe from some things, the Rachni in the first game and the Thresher Maws give me a 'Nid vibe but it seems coincidence.

The Terminus Armour is a "this is from the Terminus Systems" type deal IIRC.

I'm the kinda guy that sees 40K references everywhere though, maybe not the best guy to answer your question.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

I bought Dragon Age origins and it gives you a suit of armor for mass effect if you input a code, it looks pretty cool though. I don't know what effects this has on your stats/ char. I don't really want to know yet either to be honest :-)
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

I don't know either but it'll be cool to walk around looking like a Cylon with a dragon on my chest.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Well, 40K is generic enough that a lot of stuff is going to remind you of it.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Since Star Trek online is a pay monthly thing, I think i shall spend the money on this instead :D
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Reliant121 wrote:Since Star Trek online is a pay monthly thing, I think i shall spend the money on this instead :D
I figured you'd be into it, maybe it's your AV...
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

The original game is (IMO) the best game I have ever played. I refused to let my parents sell the xbox 360 because of that game alone, and I cannot WAIT to see how the new game plays on my new tv. it may not be big (22inch) but its a phenomenally good picture.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Reliant121 wrote:The original game is (IMO) the best game I have ever played. I refused to let my parents sell the xbox 360 because of that game alone, and I cannot WAIT to see how the new game plays on my new tv. it may not be big (22inch) but its a phenomenally good picture.
Well ME1 looks awesome on my 22inch HD monitor (I can read the serial numbers and settings on the rifles if I angle it right), and the videos I've been watching on the official site look excellent. And it is definitely in the top ten list of my favourite games, right after FO3 and DA:O.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

When it comes to FPS/RPG in various styles, I dislike playing them on a computer and prefer to play on a console.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

I need the 360 controller in order for my wrists not to get fucked up, so I hooked it to my PC monitor. Which conveniently has another port and a switch built in.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Cpl Kendall wrote:The Terminus Armour is a "this is from the Terminus Systems" type deal IIRC.
Ah, OK.
Tyyr wrote:Well, 40K is generic enough that a lot of stuff is going to remind you of it.
Very true. But the D-cannon was an odd enough weapon that for something in a video game to bring it to mind made me think that there was a connection.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Well there are a few references to things like Aliens in the game, so it's not impossible.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Don't forget you can carry over characters from the first game if you like, I'm just finishing off a couple of chars that had different choices made in the last one at present to be ready for next week. Think my first play through will be with a fresh char then one of each of the previous to see what changes though.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!