Best/favourite Star Wars film?

Which is the best/your favourite Stae Wars film?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:59 pm

Episode I:The Phantom Menace
6%
Episode II:Attack of the Clones
No votes
Episode III:Revenge of the Sith
17%
Episode IV:A New Hope
6%
Episode V:The Empire Strikes Back
50%
Episode VI:Return of the Jedi
22%
The Holiday Special
No votes

Total votes: 18
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Best/favourite Star Wars film?

Post by Captain Seafort »

So, as the title says, which is the best/your favourite Star Wars film?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The Empire Strikes Back for me.
Great film, and it has the most iconic line of the series.
No, Luke. I am your father.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

no 'caravan of courage' ? fo' shame
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Ozymandias
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Ozymandias »

I second Empire Strikes Back. Better than A New Hope, and it does not have something as obviously toyetic as the Ewoks in Return of the Jedi. I do find it a bit strange (or perfectly fitting, I can't decide) that the best movie is the one George Lucas had the least involvement in...
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

My personal favourite - Revenge of the Sith. It's got everything - a simple, solid, plot, a cool space battle, lots of lightsabre duels, and Ian McDiarmid at his Francis Urquhartesque best.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed, it was a pretty great film. It comes in as number two for me.
I just like the original triology better for some reason.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I go with Return of the Jedi as my favorite. Revenge of the Sith second. I'm a little suprised no one suggested re-making the original trilogy yet. They've done remakes of everthing else. I think a re-make of Return of the Jedi would be even better then Revenge of the Sith.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Revenge of the Sith, for me, at least, opened up the full panoramic scale of the star wars universe
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I think a re-make of Return of the Jedi would be even better then Revenge of the Sith.
Only if they did it with the original script, so they can replace the ewoks with wookies.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Rochey wrote:
I think a re-make of Return of the Jedi would be even better then Revenge of the Sith.
Only if they did it with the original script, so they can replace the ewoks with wookies.
Now that would be cool. But I'm sure those average joes who don't know that will have a fit over the Ewoks being replaced.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Wait, someone would complain about the ewoks getting replaced with wookies? At least then we'd have a cool fight scene.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

ChakatBlackstar wrote:I think a re-make of Return of the Jedi would be even better then Revenge of the Sith.
:shock: No. No. No.

RotJ is fine as it is, start trying to remake it and you'll end up with something that bears little or no resemblance to the original. Lucas has showed that when he tries tweaking his original films they tend to cause problems with the plot and loud complaints from fandom (the Han-Greedo shootout being the most notorious example). Imagine the furure a full-scale remake would cause. I would however, not be averse to a few additions to the film using modern technology, such as an extension of the Battle of Endor, and a clear shot of Boba Fett being bitten in half by the Sarlac to emphatically invalidate that particularly stupid part of the EU.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I agree mostly with what you say, but I still want those damn ewoks gone!
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

The OT is fine the way it was originally shot. Even the constant re-do's where an affront to good taste.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed.
Han shot first! No arguments!