Let it snow

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Let it snow

Post by Captain Seafort »

Ah, the traditional way to know that Christmas is on the way - the DITL snow's gone up (or come down?) :D
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Let it snow

Post by IanKennedy »

Yup...
email, ergo spam
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Bah, humbug!
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Thanks guys. This'll likely be the only snow that I see. I DO love Hawaii in the winter 8)
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

about had a heart atttack when I brought the page up and let it snow was playing.....had the computer volume up to loud ......
Genius insania et conseri manum
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

:)
email, ergo spam
Xavier Caine
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Xavier Caine »

Mark wrote:Thanks guys. This'll likely be the only snow that I see. I DO love Hawaii in the winter 8)
Try living in southern Mississippi on the gulf coast. Snow is like the rarest thing around here. I am serious its been almost 14 years since I've seen snow down here.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Hi, Xavier.

You live just a little ways down I-10 from me, then. :)

It just snowed here in Houston the other day.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Where I grew up in Liverpool in England it hardly ever snows. It's because of the mountains that surround the place. To the north there's the lake district (with the UKs highest peaks), to the east we have the peak district and to the south the welsh mountains. If any snow comes in then it drops on those before it gets to Liverpool. The only way it can snow on us is for it to come from the Irish sea. It snowed twice in the 18 years I was growing up there.
email, ergo spam
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I pretty much guaranteed that it doesn't snow too much by me, since 8 years ago when I spent $700 on a snowthrower.

Actually, the warming effect of the ocean might have something to do with it also.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:I pretty much guaranteed that it doesn't snow too much by me, since 8 years ago when I spent $700 on a snowthrower.

Actually, the warming effect of the ocean might have something to do with it also.
Tell me about it.

Though it's snowing hard right now.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

It's all rain here - the snow/rain line is about 150 miles north of me. Although we've gotten over an inch of rain in the last 6 hours.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Well at least you don't have to shovel it. ;)

Schools actually cancelled here, expecting 25 cms in the next 24 hours.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

IanKennedy wrote:Where I grew up in Liverpool in England it hardly ever snows. It's because of the mountains that surround the place. To the north there's the lake district (with the UKs highest peaks), to the east we have the peak district and to the south the welsh mountains. If any snow comes in then it drops on those before it gets to Liverpool. The only way it can snow on us is for it to come from the Irish sea. It snowed twice in the 18 years I was growing up there.
You do get some pretty heavy snow at times though. A few years ago the beach down at Crosby was under several inches at New Year, right down to the waterline.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Captain Seafort wrote:
IanKennedy wrote:Where I grew up in Liverpool in England it hardly ever snows. It's because of the mountains that surround the place. To the north there's the lake district (with the UKs highest peaks), to the east we have the peak district and to the south the welsh mountains. If any snow comes in then it drops on those before it gets to Liverpool. The only way it can snow on us is for it to come from the Irish sea. It snowed twice in the 18 years I was growing up there.
You do get some pretty heavy snow at times though. A few years ago the beach down at Crosby was under several inches at New Year, right down to the waterline.
One of the two occasions that we had snow was at 1am. We had a huge load come down and our parents got us up to go play in it. It was that rare :)
email, ergo spam