Adeptus Astartes: Deathwatch

Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Re: Adeptus Astartes: Deathwatch

Post by Lighthawk »

Khan nodded and slowed his steps a bit to let Mithras get a few meters out in front before resuming a more normal pace. He sensed nothing but the usual animal life, for the moment anyway.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Cyrus grinned. "Well, I'd say I hoped for more of where that came from but that may just be tempting fate a bit much." Cyrus got up from his position and moved forward across the bridge. "Lets go brothers! Time waits for no one."
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Zirk emerged from the apron of the woods and joined Mithras as he led the Inquisitor and the rest of the kill-team. Tendrils of steam slowly wafted from the ports of his jump pack. "I didn't catch wind of anything else," he called into the communal vox channel. "You get anything, brain?" he asked, obviously referring to the Salamander.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

"A few things, but they're too smart to be orks."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

1933 - 1945

The group proceeds quickly through the woods, following the path but not too closely. As you near the fortress the woods start to thin and the signs of ork habitation become more regular. Small fetishes and pieces of scrap attached to trees. Random destruction, burned patches of ground, the usual. Ahead you can make out a wide clearing and the elevator in the distance. Everything within forty meters of the elevator has been leveled, there is little but dirt between the edge of the forest and the elevator. The elevator itself looks like an ork construct. Crudely shaped logs and bits of metal lashed together with pitiful excuses for rope and haphazardly formed spikes and bolts. A open topped car big enough to park a trio of scout bikes in sits at the top with its doors open. Meter and a half high walls surround the car. A thick rope/cable combination connects the car to a large irregular pulley the elevator tower supports over it before the rope disappears down the cliff to whatever motive system the thing uses. A simple signal bell sits on a frame beside the open doors.

A pair of bored looking shoota boyz sit beside the elevator, apparently on guard duty or whatever passes for it with orks. A large bonfire sits nearby, bathing them in its glow and blinding them to anything beyond it. The one to the north holds a burna and the one to the south a slugga and choppa.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Cyrus giggles in his vox. "Well, we want to be quiet about this right? Who's up for a sneak attack?"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"I wouldn't say no to showing you how a stealth kill goes." Hati told the Ultramarine with a grin.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"And what do we do about the second ork while you're shooting the first?" Mithras asked. "We need to kill them quietly and simultaneously."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

"*ahem* Hello?" Zirk called quietly. "The noise of a chainsword isn't likely to carry past the defile... assuming the Wolf here can wait until I get into position."
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"Right then." Hati replied gruffly. "You sneak up behind them and cut one of their heads off, and I'll take the head off the other one with this." He patted the bolt sniper rifle in his hands fondly.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Then lets get about it," Antonia said.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Mithras put a hand on Zirk's arm. "Loop out to the east and south. Approach the southern ork from the south. We'll draw their attention to let you close with the ork then you kill him and the scout will shoot the one with the flamer."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

"I could also join the melee if you wish." Cyrus said, tapping his greatsword for effect.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1947 -1949

"Lemme do my job," Zirk grunted, then crept off through the trees to the south and then back up around to the north behind the ork to the south of the fire. There was no hint of noise as the Raven Guard stalked off. Finally, the team's vox opened. "Zirk here, I'm in position." Mithras began to intentionally crash through the brush, his armor powering through the trees and undergrowth and sounding like an infantry squad.

As the southernmost greenskin looked up at the noise, Zirk crept up behind it. "Vinctorus aut mortis," he growled quietly, and brought his chainswords up in sweeping arcs as he powered them. The right-hand weapon glanced off of the beast's armor, but Zirk brought it back in a graceful riposte where it sliced into the ork's left thigh, cutting away a slab of meat and exposing bone and sinew. Even as the swinekin began to fall, Zirk's left-hand sword came up at a 45-degree angle, neatly placed under the ork's dewlaps. The head came off cleanly, and carried by the force of the blow sailed 16 meters through the air to land with a dull thump southwest of the team's position. Zirk quickly ducked a spray of arterial ork ichor that pumped from the beast's neck as the body sagged and then fell to the ground.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

1947-1949

Hati carefully took position and set up his rifle as Zirk slipped away towards their targets. It wasn't long before the Raven Guard voxed back his readiness, at which point Mithras began to stamp through the foiliage like a demented animal.

The two xenos, clearly alert and on the lookout, turned immediately toward the sound, raising their weapons. Out of the edge of his scope, Hati briefly saw Zirk pounce on the farthest Ork, swinging his chainsaws with practiced ease. Not waiting to see how well the melee went, the Space Wolf pulled the trigger of his rifle. The silenced round slammed straight into the side of the Ork's skull, bursting it apart in an explosion of blood and bone fragments.