USS Daystrom-Xenobiology: Tholians

Can Granitehewer aka pete, write up some factoids regarding the tholians,in this universe?

yes
85%
no
15%

Total votes: 13
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

well if you have the diplomatic immunity, they would cursory search at best
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

True. But I wouldn't put it past Starfleet to miss something, Sherlock Holms, these guys are not.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

couldn't you claim it is a cultural nuance or icon, try to appeal to starfleets' political correctness and also perhaps claim that a confiscation, would be a cultural faux pas, and greatly strain the already fickle relations with the tholian assembly? Think of it, like a sikh and his turban etc
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That's a possibility.
Although I doubt the captain would be too fond of me using it on someone. (especially if it didn't kill them with the first hit :shock: )
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Until you use it and someone sees the effects, you don't have to worry about it - it's jsut part of your culture is all...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hmm, would Andorian pistols also fall under this, as they have no 'stun' setting?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I think we're both protected under the Federation's "Let's-put-ourselves-at-risk-before-even-slightly-impinging-on-someone's-semicultural-civil-rights" clause.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:lol:

Good point.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

plus andorians are very placid and cautious people, afterall they are the fallguys for every calamity, and the victims of every conspiracy, apparently running the federations' media and banking system etc wink wink, i picked up on the whole teaos' char is judging me for my blueskin bit :P
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

thats a serious point really, even in an apparently egalitarian utopian federation, with all manner of tolerant preachings and pious lecturing, there undoubtedly will be prejudice and paranoia, still sewn into our dna
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed, it seems to be a natural reaction to fear or hate what is different.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Ironically, hatred of the unfamiliar is really what unites all of humanity.
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

sad thing is, we also hate what is similar, sometimes more so....
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Blank

Post by Thorin »

Delete this!
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

A Tholian weapon might operate on similar principals to the graviton beam in ' Silicon Avatar', right? That would cause rather nasty effects to whatever target it hit...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939