USS Daystrom-Xenobiology: Tholians

Can Granitehewer aka pete, write up some factoids regarding the tholians,in this universe?

yes
85%
no
15%

Total votes: 13
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

USS Daystrom-Xenobiology: Tholians

Post by Granitehewer »

i'd love to write a bit of improv and background regarding the tholians, or some tholian political factions etc, would anyone mind?
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

NO!!!!

Only kidding, go for it :wink:
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

someone voted no!
thats the last of my self esteem, gone!
i hope you get insomnia,whoever you are!
lol
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Granitehewer wrote:someone voted no!
Thorin wrote:NO!!!!
:lol:
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

lol i was being subtle in my rage!
Anyways thorin, why don't we and anyone else who wants to discuss the tholians and create some demographics,history etc on this thread? The more brains,the merrier
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Refer to the Tholians in Kennedy's "species" write-up - there is some canon info in there which we can't contradict... especially since I was going to refer to it in my next dealing with Rochey... :oops:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

I was going to have a history of antipathy between the breen confederacy and the tholian assembly, but if anyone has any objections, i'll snap my biro and walk away

cheers mikey for the 'yes' vote
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

As long as it doesn't contradict canon - or the 'canon' of our own which has been laid down in our threads - I say bang away. Maybe get with Teaos to not spoil anything he's got brewing.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

i figured that animosity between two reclusive and possible xenophobic species, might not be well publicised outside of their respective domains
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Go for it! :D

I was actually condidering starting a similar project a while ago, but that got sidetracked when I started writing my story.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Thats you recruited to the cause,then rochey
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Cool. 8)

I've had a few vague theories on their biology on an old MS document floating round my computer. If anyone want to read it, I'll dig it up.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

just jam on here, and we'll brainstorm something up,well actually 'brainstorm' is being banned from the workplace as apparently its' offensive to epileptics, we have to say 'thoughtshower'.....i got the memo
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, it seems that the essay I had is currently MIA. A pity.

If you want me to write up something else, though, I'd be happy to.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Granitehewer wrote:just jam on here, and we'll brainstorm something up,well actually 'brainstorm' is being banned from the workplace as apparently its' offensive to epileptics, we have to say 'thoughtshower'.....i got the memo
I don't want to turn this into another sexual innuendo thread, but 'thoughtshower' doesn't remind me of a brainstorm...