Dark Heresy: The Syndicate

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Dark Heresy: The Syndicate

Post by Mikey »

1643, Day One

"I'm forced to agree with Sister Phebia," Milo added. "Our options are: one - to proceed with this plan, which might raise the stock of the infiltration team in the eyes of the... persons of interest; or, two - do nothing to raise our credibility, and hope we get somewhere anyway. I would say to the Sister, though," he said, crossing to the food slot and indulging himself in small glass of amasec, "that perhaps one of the guardsmen should accompany her - for both her safety and for believability. The sight of von Hydden would tend to make most people run at first sight... perhaps Naja?"

Milo turned toward Karibi and thanked the Throne for his recent study of High Gothic. "We aren't looking to become partners in whatever illegitimate business we find, Mr. Karibi. You are correct in thinking that these people are naturally over-cautious... but by the same token, they only earn their ill-gotten gains by offering their services."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"A fair point." Karibi replied. "If we're indeed to go through with this - and at this point I agree it's our best available method - then we'll need a cover story." He paused, thinking for a moment.

"We could probably pose rather easily as some sort of criminal group, looking for someone willing to smuggle high-risk contraband. Trask, you could act as leader of the group. You have the right air for that. I could be your majordomo. And Enrick, Pahr, Lot and Arl here could all pass nicely as hired muscle."
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

1644 day 1

"And what part would you have me play in this ruse?" Haxta inquired.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1644, Day One

"We could probably pose rather easily as some sort of criminal group, looking for someone willing to smuggle high-risk contraband. Trask, you could act as leader of the group. You have the right air for that. I could be your majordomo. And Enrick, Pahr, Lot and Arl here could all pass nicely as hired muscle," Karibi concluded.

"Sounds eminently reasonable," Trask acceded. "I think that would work well."

Haxtaa spoke up. "And what part would you have me play in this ruse?"

Trask answered, "If you find the idea of impersonating a heretek distasteful, then perhaps you'd just pose as an explorator. Certainly Mechanicus explorators seem to find the end more important than the means, and would take advantage of any opportunity - even falling in with unsavory characters - to further their quest."
as Bull offed Custer
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

1644, Day One

Haxta considered for a moment before replying. "I believe I could make due with either role. Whichever you think would be the best for the group's credibility."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1644, Day One

"A heretek attempting to recover or move some banned technology would probably lend more credence to the act."
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"It would, and Naja's help would be beneficial. Sisters are formidable but rarely travel alone."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"Excellent. With that last issue sorted, we can move on to creating a cover story. We need a reason to be looking for these people."
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Perhaps your previous employer stood you up and you are now looking for a new one?"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1645, Day One

Trask considered for a moment, then added, "Perhaps we are a group looking to employ the services of an illicit transport."
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Phebia considered it. "Yes, that would likely make you far more attractive to them. Eliminate the possibility of you being seen as competition."
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1645 Day One:

Arl, silent for several minutes while the party hashed out it's plan took the brief pause to address Phebia.

+++You intend to land separately and ahead of the rest of us then? If so I shall procure a transport for you that better fits your cover then an ignoble shuttle.+++
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Phebia nodded. "Yes, I will land first along with Naja. The Totodai will arrive some time afterwards."
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1700-1900 Day One:

The briefing breaks up shortly after Phebias statement, the party members head off to their quarters to retrieve their kit, send last minute letters home or grab a quick drink with friends on the station.

The party meets Arl in the hanger and boards a standard Aquila for the trip to the Totodai, which after a few minutes flight can be seen through the shuttles observation dome. As Arl had said, it is a plain and unassuming craft, perfect cover for any number of missions. The trip is brief and the group soon finds itself disembarking into a landing bay nicely concealed at the base of the command spire. A grey dagger shaped craft rests in the corner, stubby autocannons protruding from the forward swept wings.

Arl turns to Phebia, addressing her while nodding in the crafts direction. +++Your craft for the trip from the Totodai to the surface of Spectoris.+++
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Phebia grins fiendishly at the sight of the small aggressive looking craft. "Yes, that will do quite nicely."