Site is suddenly an hour back

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Site is suddenly an hour back

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

There was a brief outage yesterday morning of DITL, and ever since it came back the forum time has been about an hour behind; this isn't the usual forum time thing that's been remarked on before due to it's sudden appearance and difference of about exactly an hour on the dot. It's now a 10:39 PM Eastern time (New York) but the forum reads 9:39
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Re: Site is suddenly an hour back

Post by Lazar »

Wha... I had a brief blackout yesterday morning, and when I woke up, it was an hour earlier! I didn't tell anyone because I thought no one would believe me. It must be related. :shock:

j/k ;)
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Perhaps the server is anticipating daylight savings time...
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Bah, bloody DST. Though it hasn't come into effect yet, right?

EDIT: Posted at 2:00 PM. DITL reads 1:00PM. Houston, we have a problem.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

We're on DST at the moment, the problem might be that the forum thinks that we've gone back to GMT (or local equivalent). Certainly the fact that it's precisely an hour out points that way.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Well Hayward, San Fransisco we have a problem. That's where the servers are. Funny though, we have a system in work that is hosted in Huston, TX. anyway I've reported the issue.
email, ergo spam