New DW Logo.....ew....

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

New DW Logo.....ew....

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The logo - the eleventh incarnation in the show's history - will form part of a revamped title sequence in the new run, which airs from next Spring and sees Matt Smith take over from David Tennant as the titular Time Lord.

Showrunner Steven Moffat said: "A new logo. The eleventh logo for the eleventh Doctor - those grand old words, Doctor Who, suddenly looking newer than ever. And look at that, something really new - an insignia! DW in TARDIS form! Simple and beautiful, and most important of all, a completely irresistible doodle. I apologise to school notebooks everywhere, because in 2010 that's what they're going to be wearing."
Can't say I like it.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: New DW Logo.....ew....

Post by Tyyr »

Meh

Could that guy try to suck his own dick a little harder? I mean shit, there's hyping something then there's jerking off to it.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I actualy remain somewhat optimistic about Series 5, despite my total apathy towards the guy they've got playing the new Doctor. Moffat wrote some of the best episodes of the revived show, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he does when he gets entire series to play with.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I'm looking forward to seeing what the new title sequence is like - I've never been a fan of the recent ones, they're too fast and flashy.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

So far the only reason to tune into the new Series that I see is to check out how big the new companions tits are.

Now excuse me, I'm going to go watch watch Dalek again and curse the wasted opportunity.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

The guy they've got playing the new Doc doesn't even look old enough to shave. By Thirteen, he'll be a toddler!
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Yeah - they're definitely making the Doctor too young - he's meant to be over two millennia old. Then again, Davison and Tennant didn't do too badly, maybe Smith'll turn out alright as well
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

I have hope Moffet will give us some good stories but god that logo looks rubbish. :[

The music better be good.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Am a bit sad to see they're having yet another present day Earth girl as the companion. The semi romantic relationship between the Doctor and Rose was well done, but they could have gone a different way this time. I reckon the boy genius from Dalek would have made a great companion if given the chance.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

He was a companion for a brief time. The Doctor dumped him when he went off and had a door put on his head and attempted to change history by sending information on future computers back to himself in the past.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Yeah, but he only lasted one episode. Would have liked to have seen more of him.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Man, I am hating the mindwipe of Donna more and more...
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Maybe I shouldn't complain about the new companion choice that much.

Either she's in fancy dress or its set in the near future where Police uniforms have evolved a little.
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

Eh, another scrawny chick, at least Rose had some nice curves to her and some personality. Of course if this one is a good actress that would be a moot point on my part.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Vic wrote:Eh, another scrawny chick, at least Rose had some nice curves to her and some personality.
Amen, that was a girl who had some meat on her bones. I don't mean that in a bad way. Just these scrawny chicks, ugh. Gimme a girl who actually keeps down what she eats.