Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Ian and I are absolutely delighted with how it's gone. Our two big fears were that we would get like 3 members who never posted anything... or that we would get like 3,000 members who posted so much that it was unmanageable and caused bandwidth cost issues.

As it turned out, it's gone just right. :)
I have noticed a bit of a problem regarding the website/forum, it's that the actual link to the forum isn't that noticable. I know that I didn't see the forum link for quite a while (even though I had been visiting the site for quite a long time indeed), of course the forum is quite new, but I mustn't have seen the link to the forum until two months after it had appeared. In fact I must admit that I don't ever look to the bottom of the page for links, and could never remember where to find the link to the "articles" pages and the like.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

We seem to have a very good mix of members with different opinion to. Some that like TOS some that don't. Makes for good threads.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed, its not much point in having a forum if everyone just goes 'yeah, I agree with that.'.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

i agree :wink:
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

then to provoke colourful debate ala teaos and rochey...i disagree
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Sorry I'm late getting to this thread...

In all seriousness, the Kennedys should be extremely proud of what they've built here - both the site and the forum. I'm sure this forum has gone in directions that nobody anticipated - much like some of our threads - but I would call it a huge success in terms of both number of posts/members and in quality of content.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed, its gone great. And the amount of effort put into it looks massive.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"