Find The Founders XII

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Find The Founders XII

Post by Mark »

We can keep this area reasonably well heated with large rocks and phasers if need be, but somebody aught to get started on that shelter. It's not just the temperature that'll kill. It's the wind chill. We need to cover from it, and while I agree with staying with the pods, they don't exactly provide very much in the way of sleeping room.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Could we maybe set the pods close together around the fire to keep the wind from hitting it, I know we don't have much muscle between us all, but we have a fair amount.

Sonic, Very interesting, I know many like you, who end up going with computers rather than people, I am the exact opposite, haha, my dad however was just like that.

And thanks Staplic, that should last us the time were here, and hopefully we won't have to reignite the fire too often...
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

If we are going to move the pods into a sort of bunker, we must do so carefully. Any injury right now could be life threatening, especially with our limited medical supplies and the harsh environment.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
bob
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bob »

ok, I can tell you my life story quite simply...
I enlisted in starfleet to win a bet, I never asked to be put on a ship, because I didn't want to be.
I was excellent, over time however I've become more and more cautious as to what I do, and who I do it with.
Some have even called me paranoid!
Oh yeah, I was currently assigned to working in the mess hall I've seen alot of you, I just don't remember any of you.

also I will either be in my own pod at night, or if that can't be done, I'll look for a cave or something.
I am never sleeping near any one of you, founder or not, I just won't!
Last edited by bob on Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous lol
"Quantum" it'll make ya do things unexpectedly
Don't read this. Believe me, it's better for your health.
There! :p
hahahahahaha!
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Your an interesting case... Why are you paranoid, What frightens you?
The world ended

bob
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bob »

Everything, ecxept tribbles, I had apet tribble once...
Then it ate somthing, dont remember what but it ate.
Anonymous lol
hahahahahaha!
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Oh... Well, interesting... You should get some help with that, please get your own, there are special people for people like you... :worried:
The world ended

bob
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bob »

Wow someone afriad of the one who fears all...
Scary
Anonymous lol
hahahahahaha!
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

bob wrote:Everything, ecxept tribbles, I had apet tribble once...
Then it ate somthing, dont remember what but it ate.
"Didn't the Klingons make Tribbles extinct...?"
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I don't think it's too much to assume that some slipped through the cracks. I mean every time you turn around there's 10 more of them.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Look, no one is sleeping on their own tonight. End of dicussion.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

And why not? If each and everyone of us is alone we have a better chance of survival since founders can kill however they want to from what I've heard today. They can suffocate us, or slice us straight in half... So with or without people around us we would be screwed... And then if our bunkmate is one then we're most certainly dead... As for me, I'm going to be watching the fire all night. What would an effective weapon even be against them???
The world ended

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Phasers can kill Founders. And as to the idea of going off alone......that would be suicide. Your dealing with an enemy that could become a rock, an icicle, or any number of things to sneak past you. I'm assuming you'd plan on just NOT SLEEPING AT ALL.

Bad idea.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

And sleeping together is just as bad of an idea. At least sleeping alone, a person would have increased awareness due to fear and would be more likely to... sense a Founder sneeking up on them. In a group, we'll feel a false sense of safety, which will end up in us dead. I can treat a lot of things, but resurections I cannot perform.
Honestly, I'm for not seeping at all, but seeing as we can't stay up on stims the entire time, sleeping alone would give us the best individual chance of survival.
Here's another way to look at it. Being silent takes time. The Founders will only have a limited amount of time to kill someone. If we are all in a group, that means they could target more than one person, silently suffocating them. If we are far appart, with a watch system to tend the fire, which even a Founder will do because they freeze also, then it will take time for them to go from where they are sleeping, get past the watch, silently kill someone, then creep back to their "sleeping" location. Sleeping alone increases our survival.
If we were worried about large woodland carnivores, sleeping in groups would be the way to go. But in this case, sleeping in groups only means we die with someone by our side, and maybe they die too.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
bob
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bob »

::whispers to self:: Im sleepin' alone an' you can't stop me ::whispers to self::
Anonymous lol
hahahahahaha!