Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

USS-Daystrom Alpha mission

Post by Teaos »

USS Daystrom

~~ Starbase /T-12\ ~~

In one of the conference rooms over looking the docking bay of the Spacedock class starbase the senior officers and select personal of the USS Daystrom stood waiting for the arrival of the captain.

The room was simple yet tidy in typical Starfleet style. A Oval shaped table with over a dozen high backed chairs surrounding it, all of which were empty at the time as the crew was still waiting apon the arrival of the captain.

Standing off to one side of the door the strangest member of the crew stood alone. Shuffling around slightly on his six legs due to his unfamiliarity with wearing a Starfleet made environmental suit the Tholian Andyeskovene Rocheineskina, who's only words to the rest of the crew so far had been to tell them to call him "Rochey" was eyeing up the crew that he was to serve with for the foreseeable future as part of the officer exchange program. His attention more often than not would rest apon the small group of officers standing by the table.

Standing at rigid attenetion dispite the numerous times he had been told to be at ease one of the only non senior officer present was liberated Borg drone and now tactical team member and fighter wing commander Jack 'MetalHead' Ryson. He was in the company of Chief of Security Deepcrush Culley, Federation ambassador Alexis 'Cardinal' Harrison and Chief Tactical officer Jonathan Hewer. The team who mostly comprised the tactical and battle ready members of the senior crew was currently speculating on their mission. Most thoughts were on a mission in Tholian space due to their proximity and their newest officer.

Standing by the windows over looking their new ship was CSO Teaos Whitshire, the doctor and CMO Dr. Sarin Taal who had been given the name Omen during the war since he was usually the bearer of bad news, chief engineer Nicholas E Seafort, Chief Operation officer M'karn "Mikey" W'trisk and Helmsmen Blackstar. They were currently going over the capabilities of their new ship the Akira class version 3. With bio-neural computer pack several quantum torpedo tubes and several systems upgrades it was a step up from the ships that had fought in the war.

The doors to the conference room slid open and in walked Captain Fletcher. His first solo command he was a military man through and through, due to his performance as a peace keeper post war he had finally been given his own command and ship. Now all he had to do was break in his crew and ship.

Everyone took seats around the table apart from the non humanoids who stood at spaces around the table.

"Alright people this is our first mission together in what should hopefully be a long and distinguished service for the Daystrom. We are joined by Andyeskovene Rocheineskina who has been granted the rank of commander and role of second in command. I expect you do offer him all the respect and courtesy you would a normal Starfleet officer" He handed around a pile of PADD's for everyone to take with the mission brief on it.

"As you can see from the mission brief we are on a search and recover mission. Seven civilian and cargo ships have gone missing in this area of space 'he points to the local map up on the far wall' over the last five months. As this whole area is part of the Tholian defense grid it has frequent patrols and high sensors saturation. No Starfleet vessel has gone missing but they have not encountered anything to explain the disappearances either" The captain got out of his chair to walk around to the map on the far wall.

Pointing to the red line marking the boarder between Tholian and Federation space "As you can see we are stationed at the primary base of operations for Madox defense line, we are currently on Starbase T-12 the primary staging post for Madox defense group. The line consists of 16 other smaller starbases along the line set up with sensors and limited docking and repair services. The starship contingent currently stands at 43 ships ranging from Militarized vessels like our to standard Starfleet explorers" A number or dots appeared on the map as he pressed several buttons to show the current location of the starships and bases.

"I expect all of you to be up to speed on all this by the time we launch in 72 hours. The Intrepid class USS-Freemen is working the same mission with us but they are stationed out of T-4 and will be working a different area from us. We will be in communication with them and the Madox defense group should we need it" Standing behind his chair he looked around at his new crew.

"This will be our first mission together, I know none of us have ever worked together before but I hope that we can turn the Daystrom into not just a ship but our home" Turning around he picked up his own PADD and walked to the door.

"Dismissed" He said as the doors closed behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last edited by Teaos on Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

This is my first offical post as the first was me being narrator.

~~~Starbase T-12~~~

Commander Teaos stood up with most of the other members of the Senior crew. Looking over to Seafort to his left and Mikey next to him he noticed they both appeared to be about to leave.

"You guys want to go check out our new ship?" Teaos asked as he placed his PADD with the mission details under his arm. The other senior officers nodded in affirmative and the three made there way to the turbo lift following several other members of the crew who were apparently headed to the ship also.

Getting off at the loading bay they saw numerous station personal moving replicator stock and weapons supply around ready to load into theirs and other ships currently stationed at the base.

Standing on the short range pad to pad transporter along with several other members of the crew and some station staff they were beamed directly into one of the cargo bays.

Walking out of the Cargo bay the group split up. Several heading to the bridge some crew members obviously working on getting the ship ready and Teaos and his companions headed to Engineering.

Walking through the sliding doors into engineering the saw dozens of people running around. A few Daystrom crew members already at work check the systems and several maintenance crew working to make sure the ship was ready for launch. Just as the stepped up to the warp core the whole ship gave a little shudder as the warpcore powered up giving off the standard blue glow.

"Well that should come in handy" Teaos said as one of the crew members handed Seafort a status report.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

(1/2 hour later)

"personal log, COO Lt. W'trisk: After a week on Andoria and a slow trip back to the Alpha Quadrant, almost ready to get underway. Interestingly, I believe I will actually miss the Stilwell - she was a good little torpedo boat, and a fine post. Despite what Father says, however, I AM a true Andorian, and no such feelings will corrupt my dedication to this ship and her crew. In fact, some of the tricks we came up with on the New Orleans-class may come in handy on this monster.

Grandfather was better - he said I made the clan proud with a senior staff post like this, and gave to me as a keepsake Great-Great-Grandfather's Andorian Imperial Guard service pistol. It looks its age, but the clan has taken excellent care of it, and it fires as true as the day it was issued. These humans would have a time trying to find the 'stun' setting - ha! I had time to pack that, my childhood ushaan-tor, and a couple of cases of Clan Barr'li ale - the humans seem to like it, although I expect the Crystal Commander wouldn't want me to distribute too much of it.

I feel like my antennae just picked up a tropical storm - I am going to have to feel my way to balance engendering loyalty and demanding respect, as well as learning to give the same to a whole new group of superior officers.

Well, I believe I'll see if this replicator can make a decent dish of redbat, and check out my bridge station - if there's a SEAT, I think I'll put my boot through a bulkhead. Then, maybe I can trade a couple bottles to Seafort for a sensor engineer to help with those mods to the ops arrays which I had in mind for this particular mission..."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Dr. "Omen" Sarin paused briefly to look at the medical diagnostic display poised above the operating tables in the Daystrom's medical ward. It was smaller than the one on the Galaxy, but it had been refit with all of the latest technology pioneered by the newer starfleet vessels.

"Nurse, have all of the medical supplies been brought on board?"

"Yes Doctor. The crews finished approximately a half hour ago" replied the nurse, a Vulcan.

"Did the crews double check the manifest? The commander on Starbasem /T-12\ in charge of supply transfer has been known to... forget to check his exports" Omen replied his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"I..I will have them check again" The vulcan replied, obviously baffled.

Omen left it at that, and turned back to the diagnostic display; something caught his eye.

"Computer, activate the EMH..."

A balding, middle aged man wearing Starfleet blues materialized in the middle of the room. "Please state the nature of the medical emergency."

"Hmm... How pleseant." Mumbled Omen.

The door swooshed open and Chief Engineer Nick Seafort strode through the door.

"How may help you Lieutenant?" The Doctor asked jovially.
"Oh... I just have to do a final check on one of the ODN relays in sick bay." he replied wearily, obviously beginning to feel the strain of all the work for the preperation of the Daystroms launch.
"Please state the nature of the medical emergency." the EMH droned on in the background.
"Saying hi to your photonic friend?"
"Mmhm... yes. I heard from the reports from the logs of the USS Voyager, they manged to make their EMH a very valuable part of the crew. I plan on making it... him... my personal project" said the doctor with a sly grin on his face.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Alexis 'Cardinal' Harrison, was a torn man; his two oaths,( one of which oft repeated.......and one; entirely unspeakable in polite circles, or in fact, any circle) were as mutually inclusive as lava and glaciers and pulled him in polar directions, like being chained and thus torn, between two belligerent stallions.
Janus, the roman, twin-faced Deity, was all too true; even in this seemingly secular universe.
With his gunboat diplomacy in hastily recruiting new confederates for the cause against the Dominion, he had earned quite a reputation as a mediator, but being quasi-famous for his oratory and brinksmanship, in a galaxy of countless billions, nay, trillions, for his other allegiance, this was as much a blessing as a curse; this shadowy oath, was the one that caused him to awake roiling in seas of rashes and sweaty palpitations; yet also comforted him.
Smoke and mirrors, he thought.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

~~~USS-Daystrom~~~

Commander Teaos was checking out his lab onboard the Daystrom with one of his junior crewmen. The Akira class being a far more militarized class of ship than most Starfleet designs, the science facilities on board was rather limited. It consisted of a single lab of modest size which also doubled as Teaos' office; his quarters at his request were right next door as well. This meant that he had slightly smaller quarters than someone of his rank was entitled to but he preferred being close at hand.

He only had three crewmen under him and two of them doubled as sensor operators. The last was a young ensign on her first mission for Starfleet.

"Ensign Sternson how do things look to you?" Teaos asked as he made his way over to her as she was running a diagnostic on their equipment.

"Small" She said with a snort "Not exactly the astrophysics lab back at Starfleet academy is it sir"

"You'll find working with less than top of the line equipment tends to make you a better scientist not a worse one. Originally I asked for a posting on a Nova in some backwater research facility but with my lack of family they thought I'd be better suited out here" He said as he took in the room that would for all intents and purposes be his home for the foreseeable future.

There were two work stations on one side of the room with Teaos' office directly behind them behind a glass wall. On the back wall was a massive scene for display and analysis of data, it was meant to be a more compact version of an astrometrics projection. On the far side was a series of scanners on containment units for anything they may need to study.

"Well Ensign we'll just have to make do" He said as he headed for the bridge to check out the equipment up there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

"Seafort!" blustered the bright blue Mikey as he walked into main engineering, "we haven't been introduced properly. I am M'karn W'trisk, of clan Trisk, but everyone has called me 'Mikey' since I was at the Academy."

"Pleased to meet you," replied the chief engineer.

"Excellent. Now, I have a proposition for you."

Seafort eyed the Andorian dubiously, but said nothing as Mikey handed him a PADD.

Mikey continued, "I need an engineer with sensor systems experience - hopefully the chief engineer, hmmm? - to assist me in achieving THOSE sensor functions at the ops station."

Seafort glanced at the PADD, and said after a moment, "These should be no problem at all, but why? If you can't see where something is, why would you want to guess at it's existence and then see where it was?"

"A trick from my last post, a New Orleans-class. When we had incoming Orions or pirates, we projected from these types of sensor functions and had three torps - one starboard, one port, one forward - all detonating about 25 km away from the bogey AS they dropped from warp. 9 times out of 10, we were able to apprehend and recover without too much more effort. I thought I could use these somewhat differently on this particular mission..."

"Whatever you say," shrugged Seafort. "I'll see who may be available, and when."

"Seafort," husked Mikey, "I would prefer the... ahem... most capable engineer to assist me in this. It may be more important than you think." Mikey smiled, and relaxed his tone. "And, if you were able to have it done by about 2030 hours tonight, there might be the prospect of being rewarded with my humble musical talents on the flabbjellah, plus a 50% stake in a bottle of REAL Andorian ale..."

As Mikey left engineering, he decided to head for sick bay. "Now," he said to himself, "what will it take to convince THIS doctor that you can't give an Andorian a hypospray..."
as Bull offed Custer
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Personal Log; Chief Tactical Officer Lieutenant Hewer

I have just met the rest of my crew, a pretty varied bunch with a nasty looking second-in-command, a Tholian. I've never met Captain Fletcher before, of course, but I had heard of him. The guys at the Academy were always raving about captains and commanders, who's ship they'd love to serve on. Fletcher's name came up a few times, and probably not least because of his involvement with the Dominion War. Hell - the rumour was that if he'd have been in charge then we'd have won in half the time with half the losses. Still, beaurocrats and all that, commanding from their desks. I look forward to working with him, and the rest, though I will miss my old crew. Onwards and upwards, I say.

The Daystrom just underwent a large overhaul. I managed to blag my way into an Admiral's office and get to oversee the tactical upgrades. Nothing quite like getting to upgrade your very own ship, I'll tell you. It's a real engineer's dream, though I daresay even better for a tactical officer, there's not a ship in the fleet like the Akira. A real powerhouse filled with torpedos. I've not even engaged it in a proper battle yet - of course I've hit some asteroids with photons and quantums, and fired a phaser burst or two at some pirate ships, but nothing worthy of note. I look forward to getting a chance to get some quantum torpedos and shove them down some Borg throat! That reminds me, there's a liberated drone in the crew. I must watch what I say from now on!

I've still not got use to my rank. I'm the commanding officer of 35 crewmembers! Relief officers, shift officers, tactical system engineers, tactical sensor analysis officers... I've even got a Betazed to see if there are any cloaked ships around! At least that's what I'll be using him for, hahaha. Then there's our sister department, security, and that's an even bigger one than ours!

Anyway I'm getting hungry now, I've been pouring over these system diagnostic reports for over an hour. Got to make sure our Captain's first impressions are good ones. I'm off to visit the new Security Chief soon so that we can discuss all the new arrangements for both our departments and coordinate our efforts with each other. Hmmm, think I'm in a bit of a steak and kidney pie mood...
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Alexis 'Cardinal' Harrison
*Personal diary*:
I'm saw a floating leaf, today, and its carrying a bloated spider, these spiders, have a large enough web of their own, without having to impinge on others, Robert the Bruce may have absent mindedly tormented a spider and grown staunch from it, but i intend to ameliorate the situation and ensure that.......
*Entry Ends*
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Chief Engineer's Log, Stardate 57737.1

I've only been aboard this ship twelve hours and I'm already running out of time to get her up and ready for Sunday's launch. T-12's engineers seem to have done a fine job with the refit but, as always, there's bugs to work out. Sickbay's ODN lines were giving grief, and that glorified light show they call a doctor was stuck in a loop. Then that Andorian at Ops wanted the sensors messing with. What does he think I am, a Q? There's enough to be done without taking time out for his pet projects. I'll give Ensign McKenzie the job - fresh out of the Academy but he specialised in sensor operations.

At least the main engines are sound. After five years on a Batch 1 Galaxy it'll be a pleasant change to be able to leave routine core ops to the computer without risking the thing blowing up in everyone's face. This Akira may not have the raw power of the Olympiad, but at least it's stable.

There's been a few problems with the main phaser banks - power's a bit wobbly during the charging sequence. I need to speak to Jon Hewer about that, see if we can stabilise it.

End Log
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

*Duty Log*
*Chief of Security Allen Culley*

I met our Command crew today, seems like a sound lot. A larger then normal number of combat person aboard, though I think one should thank the Dominion for such. After our first senior staff meeting I removed myself to meet the rest of my security staff. Starfleet has seen fit to give me a fair size force for such a small ship. 32 tactical troops, 16 security staff, 6 fighter pilots, around a dozen or so shuttle crew but they seem to also split shift with other duties and a Master at Arms. Such a postion should have fallen to a higher rank and I have four times over turned such down. This must be a punishment for stepping back on rank. For the most part I find the crew fit and ready, though be it, young. Some of my troops don't even have to shave yet but once a week still. They look a bit frail in some spots, still a bit slow to make it on the bounce when called. But I'll break that of them. I'll turn these puppies into beasts soon enough. My Master at Arms is running the ships armory. He's an old warhorse that dates back 40 years in the service, I have served with him before and am proud to do so again.

All in all, so far its been a easy start. I plan to begin running combat drills with my troops in the next few days once they get seated a bit more.
*End Duty Log*
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

"Thank you - what was it? - McKenzie. You certainly know your stuff, and don't worry - you'll have tricks better than mine once you've been in space for 8 years. I'll be glad to tell Seafort what a great help you've been."

Dismissing the young Ensign, Mikey made his way down to engineering once again. He was disappointed, not that Seafort couldn't do the job personally, but that he seemed to have muffed an overture toward the Chief Engineer. Why did these pinkies have to be so sensitive?

"Seafort - I don't mean to intrude; I just wanted to say thanks, and mention how helpful Ensign McKenzie has been. I'm afraid you might have mistook my tone before. As my grandfather used to say, 'If you need your ship to work, better be friends with the man who MAKES it work.' This is for you - and I'd be happy to spill it with you anytime." With that, Mikey hands the engineer a newly laid-down bottle of Andorian ale (or as the Andorians call it, 'ale') and excuses himself.

After a quick trip to the Lt. Hewer's quarters, Mikey's beep for entry was met with a tired, "Yes? Come in."

"We haven't been introduced properly. I am M'karn W'trisk, of clan Trisk, but everyone has called me 'Mikey' since I was at the Academy. I wanted to meet you - I understand you've overseen the refit of the [/i]Daystrom, and are the man with his finger on the button. I shared that station on my previous assignment, although the Stilwell was nothing like your girl here. I also wanted to bring you this - " whereupon Mikey hands the lieutenant a second narrow bottle of deep blue ale - "as my grandfather says, 'If you need your ship to stay in one piece, make friends with the man who defends her.' If you get a chance, I'd love to talk with you about the systems upgrades here, gunning torpedo boats... maybe even give you a chance to hear my flabbjellah. Pleasure to meet you, Hewer."

Mikey heads for the turbolift again, directs it to sickbay - then changes his mind, and heads for the bridge...
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

*Helmsman Duty Log*
*Chakat Blackstar*

Today was my first day on the Daystrom. I've only been at an Akira's helm in the holodecks before but I'm sure I could land this thing on the ground if I had to, assuming we aren't too heavily damaged. Since we haven't left spacedock yet I haven't done much other then run a diagnostic, and install my taur-form seat at the helm. All systems read operating within parameters, but I'm looking into possible ways to install a joystick control system. I'm looking into what I can do myself. Engineering is busy enough with working out the bugs from the refit without me asking them to help me with personal projects.

I'm looking forward to testing this ship in combat, which I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of. I just hope she holds up to my moves. I've been noted for pushing ships to their limits, but I've yet to destroy a ship, from my manevours at least.
*End log*
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

~~~T-12~~~

Commander Teaos was currently sitting in one of the civilian entertainment louges on the station with a few of his crew. The young ensign who was his only other officer in his department and a few of his enlisted crew. Most were civilian who had decided they wanted access to Starfleets resources and travel opportunities. With only a crash coarse at a Starfleet training facility to get them up to speed on Starfleet procedures they were pretty raw, which was exactly how Teaos liked it.

He always considered himself a scientist first and an officer second, hell if it wasn't for the fact he had want to command his own Nova one day he wouldn't have even bothered becoming an officer. One thing anyone under his command learned quick was he was rather blasé about procedure. So long as the work got done he didn't really care how.

Knocking back what ever it was he was drinking something green, the Teaos leaned forward as one of his crew was talking about her work on slipstream theory this is why he became a scientist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Emerging onto the bridge, Mikey paced slowly around the room, then to his station at ops. He could get a feel for the area, now, with the warp core running. Closing his eyes, he did feel the room - very literally. Through his antennae, he felt the minute variations in AG from one part of the room to the other; the vibrations of the power conduits in the walls; the barely-there static charge from the LCARS consoles - and one other thing.

"Icy hells! Why do they keep their ships so damn warm?"

Well, this was his place, now. As a Starfleet officer and as a member of clan Trisk, Mikey knew that this room was now the most likely place he would either kill or die. He grinned a small one-sided grin, thinking that in this ship, it would probably be the former.

He looked at the PADD he carried containing a duplicate copy of the flight deck duty roster. He added a note - "my staff is happy to assist with any tactical-craft drills or accomodations, please see me, or coordinate between Metalhead and the flight deck duty officer or CPO Sharkey" - and prepared to take it to Deepcrush's office.

Mikey stepped into the turbolift. "Holodecks," he said. As the lift began to move, he spoke to the computer again. "Run unarmed combat program M'karn Pankration on holodeck 2 - run it at level 4."

Before entering for his workout, Mikey touched his comm badge. "Teaos," he said, "I've got some sensor mods we should discuss."
as Bull offed Custer