USS Daystrom Stats

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

STOP

14 fucking pages of what esentially is a flame war in one night... I'm not amused.

Firstly anyone who is not a member of this RPG kindly get the hell out this thread as your just making the situation worse.

Secondly I am about to go read through the last 14 pages and if I find threats about attacking someone or someones computer in RL I going to Graham and I doubt he will amused.

Thirdly, I have never really controlled this RPG as I think it was more fun if everyone just did there own thing. I have an idea for our next mission. I dear say everyone here will enjoy it. As soon as we get to the starbase and everyone has a week of R&R I'll post it up.

Memebers have absoulte control over their characters. No one can usurp their authority over their department or duties. If someone has an idea for for the RPG and other dont like it... tuff shit. Not all ideas work out and not everyone has the same style.

This is not the fucking Brady Bunch. This is a RPG based on missions and character development. Rochey is a hardcore Tholian, Monroe is a amoral Breen, Mikey is rather obvervant Andorian, Teoas is a Science nerd.

Not all theses character are going to get along and nor should they.

Now PLEASE will someone like Mikey or Rochey post in the mission. As soon as we get to the starbase we can start a fresh.

I dont care what has happened so far. This flame war is stopping right now.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Teaos wrote:...Firstly anyone who is not a member of this RPG kindly get the hell out this thread as your just making the situation worse.
Gladly. I only got involved because it spilled over into the other RPG, and I wanted to see what started it.
Teaos wrote:Secondly I am about to go read through the last 14 pages and if I find threats about attacking someone or someones computer in RL I going to Graham and I doubt he will amused.
Define "threats about attacking someone", because I never saw that.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I'm not pissed you got involved Tsu :D Its mainly that with so many people here its just getting worse and worse.
Define "threats about attacking someone", because I never saw that.
Blackstar threatened to hack someones computer. I dont care if its a joke or not thats seriously not on and if I see it again I'm going to Graham.

Phew finished the 14 pages...

Ok here's how it is.

Firstly I'd like to thank Rochey and Reliant for being very level headed during the whole thing. Tsu tried to help but got caught up in the insanity :) And Dusk managed to make everything worse.

Blackstar. If you feel like you have to go then go. The cards are on the table.

You want to control something to do with the fighter and shuttles. Those are controlled by Thorin and Mikey.

Thorin offered to give you a job with the fighters where you would esentially control them during battle and when ever they got used. I think that is a very fair compromise. You would be able to have a large amount of freedom.

But you seem to have a real problem still being under him command even though he wouldnt be bossing you around all the time. You claime its because your a higher rank... really I call BS. Your powertripping and want to be in command.

Fact is when I started this RPG I could have given myself the job of captain but I took thrid in command and head of the smallest department on board. You dont need to be in command to have fun as Monroe pointed out.

You could becomce any number of position but you want to be in command cause you dont want to have to answer to anyone. Hell I could probably offer you my job and you would still complain your under Rochey.

No one is going to give up their positions. You can either adapt and make your character fill a lower roll that is still fun and take a rank reduction (who cares) or create a new charater since this one is very limited.

You can call unfair all you want but unfortunatly thats how it is. The only position of real power open is Engineering which you would need a new character for.

If you do leave just please walk away and we can be done with no hard feelings for most of us.

I'll post tonight about us getting to the Starbase and then in a week I'll give us our new mission.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

So that's what took you so long to respond. :D

Spot on, Teaos. That's an excellent summary.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Holy hopping snot.

Yes, I was at work, and yes, I did get busy. Then, I got home, put the dog out, had a cup of decaf, etc. - AND read War and Peace - er, I mean the pages since last I looked here.

I have no interest in going back through the last dozen pages and picking out which part of whose points were "right" or "wrong;" it's not productive at this juncture.

Blackstar - both in-game, and outside, I've supported you sometimes, and I've been anti sometimes. It's not based on you personally - it's based on what I think of the issue in question at the time. Don't take it personally, and I think there have been occasions when friction in the story created some good RP. However, please remember that there are a number of other people involved here, and changing the whole paradigm is something that should be done by consensus; and that other people shouldn't be forced - or even asked - to compromise their roles.

Everybody else - to use one example that was mentioned: say hypothetically that Blackstar was to accept the "ship's intelligence" postion that was put forward. OK, it's not standard, but if we have an intelligence operative who wants to stay aboard, why not let it happen in the interest of the game and of accomodating a player? Similarly, if she were to take that position (I say "she" in reference to M'real, not Blackstar) and it required the temporary requisitioning of a fighter or two - or a shuttle or two - why wouldn't we make the accomodation, even though Thorin or I technically retain control over fighter or shuttle operations respectively?

Technically, Blackstar WAS subordinate to my character with hir original character - yet, I don't recall any issues arising from that, or indeed it ever even coming up. So, if Blackstar wants to have M'real take a position in an extant department, shi will have to accept a subordinate position, no matter what rank shi has acheived. Likewise, the rest of us will have to agree to not purposefully make playing the game difficult for hir simply because of that fact - in-game, of course, I would expect people to act in character.

If Blackstar wants to choose one of the mentioned "outside the chain-of-command" positions, shi will have to understand that the phrase "outside the chain-of-command" does NOT mean "in a vacuum." A particular mission or idea will not mean license to walk all over anybody, or to ignore the protocols and mission parameters which affect us all.

In other news, I began to write a post, but got a bit sidetracked by real life (seven cars delivered in May already - we're eating steak this month!) It seems that we're wrapping things up with this, but were there any loose ends to tie up before pulling into port for a couple days' liberty? You know, like are there any remaining rebels? Or have we finally and definitely closed the case of the piracy against Fed shipping?

PS. In my half-finished post, I had actually begun something about Ensign Grr'lek being detained and interrogated - because he is a Caitian (look way back when) and to make Blackstar not feel like hir character was being singled out. Is that cool, or are we even past that?

*EDIT* Sorry, just read Monroe's last post in the Alpha topic. Excellently done, Monroe... but I guess it's back to the drawing board for my post idea...
Last edited by Mikey on Sat May 10, 2008 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I think having Grr questioned would be a great idea.

I'll post after you Mikey closing down Alpha thread and starting Beta mission. We'll be at starbase for a wekk or two and everyone will have jobs to do. The mission I have in mind has a lot of work for everyone to do so no one should be with out a vital role.

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Awesome I look forward to it.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

how bloody big does a thread need to increase in 10 hours? 14 pages?

Jeebus..

And thanks Teaos for puttin in the good word :wink:

I'm looking forward to this whole thing calming down and getting on with the new mission...Right....i suggest everyone take a nice...calming...bath...
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

And Dusk managed to make everything worse.
Eh look at it that way if you want to. But as I stated in the other thread, the way the "actually involved RP'ers" were "handling it" was screaming at each other like 13 year olds fighting in the back seat of the car during a long road trip. I made an honest attempt to get the discussion onto some actual constructive solutions and whether that works or not is up to you guys. Coming in and yelling okay biyatches this shiznit gonna stop now, Blackstar feel free to leave if you want doesn't seem like a very leaderlike way to handle a conflict with the RPG but as I said in the beginning, I have no dog in this fight and if things go to pot that's something you all have to worry about. G'luck.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Your right Dusk you have no idea so stay out of it. I wasnt involved in it due to being asleep, and reading through all of it in one go I can look at it in a way most cant and knowing the past know the whole story unlike you.

I'm not kicking anyone out. The points have been made and since a compromise cant be meet I gave the option of walking away since the other options have been turned down.

Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Teaos wrote:Your right Dusk you have no idea so stay out of it. I wasnt involved in it due to being asleep, and reading through all of it in one go I can look at it in a way most cant and knowing the past know the whole story unlike you.

I'm not kicking anyone out. The points have been made and since a compromise cant be meet I gave the option of walking away since the other options have been turned down.
Trust me without me Blackstar Rochey & Thorin were more than happy to have goes at each other for many pages before Tsuki and I got involved at all. If the RPG is filled with people who clearly can't stand each other's continued existence, you got bigger probs than other forumers noticing a fight and trying to step in. ;)
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

And you stepping in while knowing nothing about whats going on does not help things so please go away.

Everyone here gets along rather well usually thank you. We are having a debate about positions on ship, being adults it hardly means we hate each other.

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

On a totally unrelated matter. How would you all feel if I posted the chapters Thorin is putting together and posting them on Fanfiction.net. It might bring some new members to the forum and give us some feed back.

Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Teaos wrote:And you stepping in while knowing nothing about whats going on does not help things so please go away.

Everyone here gets along rather well usually thank you. We are having a debate about positions on ship, being adults it hardly means we hate each other.
Look I'm fed up with being a whipping boy when bad behavior is practically the norm around here, but when I SAY something about it... oh Dusk you're way out of line, oh Dusk shut up, oh Dusk you have a double standard, oh Dusk you don't know what you're talking about, stay out of it...

If you all don't want people commenting on how the behavior around here tends to average well BELOW the actual chronological AGE of the posters involved.... then for the Pantheon of Hindu Dieties' sakes, start friggin acting like it. Everyone. And NOT just in this thread or regarding the RPG... every single disagreement around here in any thread winds up with everything from people making threats to urinating on the estimated intelligence of others, to running around smearing people's faces in having "lost" an opinion dispute on Trek.

Yeah I can see that I made myself a target by stepping in. But the gangup & systematic humiliation tactics used around here under the guise of "logical debate" or "adults disagreeing with no personal malice" are b.s. and I'm going to call them out whenever I see them-- here or in other threads. That won't, and hasn't, made me the most popular new forumer in many instances. But my basic point remains, you want a nice smooth sailing discussion where people act like adults, well the best way to get that is create it. Stop tolerating the b.s. that flies around here just because "oh well that's so and so, you know how they are" or "oh yeah he's always been like that we're used to it" and getting your panties in a twist when someone points out that some of the status quo around here is a bad status quo and needs to go. And the general tenor of how people disagree is not respectful, nor adult, and don't be shocked when someone says so, even if it's a situation you or anyone else around here is used to looking the other way about, or tolerating becuase it's coming from a poster you know and have interacted with for a long time and gotten used to.

Rant off.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

*clap clap clap* I can honestly say I've never noticed a problem around here. A very few times things have gotten out of hand, as an example the 8472 thread. In the end we all decided to walk away, hardly acting like children now is it.

A lot of the problems you mention you bring on yourself. You'll notice I tend to agree with you a lot and debate on the same side. But members don't really have a problem with me to often unlike you.