Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I find Thorin's proposal acceptable
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Oh joy.

Anyway, filler post up.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:I find Thorin's proposal acceptable
Excellent. As I understand it, you will be in charge of the day-to-day fighter ops, while mission commands, etc., will come from Thorin. Correct?

Thanks for the filler, Rochey. :wink: As I said, I will try to get something up soon wrapping up the current situation and getting us ready for a few days' pass.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Mikey wrote: Excellent. As I understand it, you will be in charge of the day-to-day fighter ops, while mission commands, etc., will come from Thorin. Correct?
Pretty much, yes. But I've still got a 'NPC' down there who is generally the 'lead pilot' in actual missions. I don't know what Blackstar wants to do with his rank, though, because he is (I'm just getting this clear now) below me in the chain of command.
Thanks for the filler, Rochey. :wink: As I said, I will try to get something up soon wrapping up the current situation and getting us ready for a few days' pass.
I've got up another filler. Just having fun enjoying my time as 'Hewer has the bridge'. :wink:
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Dusk:
First off, I'm not jumping on the bandwagon here by aiming this at you. Just getting that out of the way.

Did the thread go a bit out of control? Yes, hell yes. Was this the fault of myself and Thorin? To some extent, yes. Did you make the situation worse? Despite your good intentions, yes, you did.
The problem, as has been pointed out already, is that you do not know the situation here. You said you don't need to read through 20+ pages of this thread to know what's going on. Thing is, you do.

You described this thread as everyone ganging up on Blackstar. And, to some extent, that's what it was. What you are unaware of, however, is that it's completely Blackstar's own doing. Shi created a character so narrowly defined that there was simply no reason for her to stay on the ship once her original purpose was done with. Despite this, none of us ever brought her time-limit usefulness up, and were fine with leaving her aboard, even if there was no reason.
I'll keep this short. I jumped in because a five+ page of what amounted to you and Thorin rubbing Blackstar's face in how her problem is her own fault was not constructive or helping to bring about a solution. So I started suggesting possible story alternatives, and yes, I called you two to task for the way you act. Because as much as you can point and say "she created this disagreement", it doesn't take away from the fact that if you two spend 5, 10 pages insulting and haranguing her for it, you are doing nothing but exacerbating the problem. I did not need to know the full story history of the problem to see that the way you guys were reacting to hir was a big part of the problem, and even now, you seem much more concerned with making it very distinct and clear that it's "her fault", rather than finding a solution (though Thorin and Blackstar seeme dto have finally moved to a compromise). If my pointing out that this reaction was in no way constructive somehow made your problem worse (and I really don't see how besides some people getting annoyed with how many pages sprouted up) then I apologize. However I think that getting onto the topic of solutions rather than staying for ten pages on the topic of "this is blackstar's fault, and I will now proceed to be as smug and grating towards hir as possible" still did some good here.

I'm not in the RP, so I can walk out being the scapegoat, that's fine with me. My only suggestion offered in two cents style and probably disregarded (which is fine) is that in the future, even when at an impasse, spending 5-10 pages telling someone off for being stupid and stubborn isn't going to help you reach a solution. It may not matter as much in the opinion areas because you and I don't HAVE to reach a compromise in order to move forward, but the RPG does.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Duskofdead wrote: I'll keep this short. I jumped in because a five+ page of what amounted to you and Thorin rubbing Blackstar's face in how her problem is her own fault was not constructive or helping to bring about a solution. So I started suggesting possible story alternatives, and yes, I called you two to task for the way you act. Because as much as you can point and say "she created this disagreement", it doesn't take away from the fact that if you two spend 5, 10 pages insulting and haranguing her for it, you are doing nothing but exacerbating the problem. I did not need to know the full story history of the problem to see that the way you guys were reacting to hir was a big part of the problem, and even now, you seem much more concerned with making it very distinct and clear that it's "her fault", rather than finding a solution (though Thorin and Blackstar seeme dto have finally moved to a compromise). If my pointing out that this reaction was in no way constructive somehow made your problem worse (and I really don't see how besides some people getting annoyed with how many pages sprouted up) then I apologize. However I think that getting onto the topic of solutions rather than staying for ten pages on the topic of "this is blackstar's fault, and I will now proceed to be as smug and grating towards hir as possible" still did some good here.

I'm not in the RP, so I can walk out being the scapegoat, that's fine with me. My only suggestion offered in two cents style and probably disregarded (which is fine) is that in the future, even when at an impasse, spending 5-10 pages telling someone off for being stupid and stubborn isn't going to help you reach a solution. It may not matter as much in the opinion areas because you and I don't HAVE to reach a compromise in order to move forward, but the RPG does.
Goodjob on completely missing the point :roll:
And showing how little you know about the entire matter. I might buy a pair of your rose tinted specs, though. They work wonders for completely blanking out half the issue. :lol:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Commander Sarcasm strikes again!
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

And showing how little you know about the entire matter. I might buy a pair of your rose tinted specs, though. They work wonders for completely blanking out half the issue. :lol:
Yes, yes, it's my fault. Not your attitude, that was not even a factor here. Maybe when I'm gone the next time the RPG has some blowup you can find a way to blame me Clinton style. Feel free. ;)
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Duskofdead wrote:
Yes, yes, it's my fault. Not your attitude, that was not even a factor here. Maybe when I'm gone the next time the RPG has some blowup you can find a way to blame me Clinton style. Feel free. ;)
It had nothing to do with you. The only person who made it get out of hand was Blackstar, yet you blame my attitude. Stop talking crap and move on.
Last edited by Thorin on Sat May 10, 2008 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

It had nothing to do with you. The only person who made it get out of hand was Blackstar, yet you blame my attitude. Stop talking crap and move on.
This from the guy infamous for flaming around here, even by secondhand reputation.

Later guys, good luck with the RP.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Duskofdead wrote: This from the guy infamous for flaming around here, even by secondhand reputation.
You've not read the thread. You know none of the facts and yet feel the need to comment.

You have also ignored Rochey's quite accurate summations of how 'Blackstar created limited character, Blackstar wanted job, Thorin offered compromise, Blackstar didn't like, Blackstar threatened to hack'. You either deliberately didn't respond to that point, attempting to deceive, or accidently missed it suggesting some level of incompetance.

Did they clone you to make George Bush or something?
Your uneducated responses on issues that have nothing to do with you will be missed.

No, really.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Duskofdead wrote:can find a way to blame me Clinton style. Feel free. ;)
I lol'd.

Book mark! This thread is moving so fast I'll loose track of where I am next time i look!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm going to take this as a "I'm not returning", so I'm not going to bother replying to your post. It'd take too much time for no reason.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Thorin wrote:
Duskofdead wrote:
It takes two to tango
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

And it only takes one to start it.

That said, let's drop it.