Survival

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Survival

Post by Tyyr »

"Fraking perfect!" Mir yelped as ork rounds started to ping off their armor. Taking quick aim at he nearest ork he thumbed the trigger. The shot hit the ork in the left shoulder with enough energy to convert a sizable portion of the joint to steam. The resulting expansion blew the ork in two, it's lower arm flying in one direction while less than half it's remaining torso went the other.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

The other two orks recoiled as steaming blood and bits of bone pelted them, scoring their flesh. With moronic over confidence though, a moment later they returned to blasting away at the armored walker.

"Nothing gets through to them, does it?" Solaria asked as she jerked at the sentinel controls, and the mech's leg swept forward and kicked a street sign. The metal panel went whizzing along, and Mir felt an sudden chill in the cockpit as the sign made an abrupt mid-air turn to embed one dull edge into the left most ork's neck.

Buck

Charging through a set of thin piping, Buck burst into a small open area, some dozen meters a side, one corner filled with stacks of metal barrels. Opposite of him, stood a woman, who blinked in dull surprise at the ogryn. She was a shorter woman, thin limbed, and red haired...she also had a pair of spirling horns accending from her temples. An old, battered looking sword which seemed a size too large for her was gripped in one clawed hand, its point dragging along the floor, cutting a swallow groove into the concret.

The woman stared at Buck, eyes glazed, expression slack. She seemed dazed, or drugged.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"No, they don't," Mir said a little nervously as Solaria almost decapitated the ork with her mind. He lined up he final ork and blasted him, the coherent light catching the ork in the chest. The xeno's creature's torso exploded, blowing it's limbs and heads across the street.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

"Over kill much?" Solaria asked, regarding the gore splattered street.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"This thing doesn't have a 'kill them a little,' option."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

Solaria tsk'ed. "That's what we get for using a hand-me-down." She regarded the walker's auspex. "Speaking of which, this thing keeps marking than losing targets like the piece of junk it is. I think we've got some unfriendlies to the south, but..." She slammed a fist on the display casing.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"That's a highly technical repair procedure you know, maybe you should leave it to the cogboys," he said dryly. "Maybe trend a bit north?"
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

"Bite me," Solaria muttered as she gave the auspex display another slap. She did however turn the sentinel in a more or less north-east direction, zig-zagging through the streets. She continued to frown at the screen. "Okay, this thing is either totally busted, or some outside source is screwing with it."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

1939 Mir

"Oh kinky, though I think I'd prefer you biting me." Mir scanned the area around and winced at the effort. "Given this place what do you think it is?"
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

"Yeah, right. So the question is, is this directed at us personally, or the area in general?"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Mir 1939

"I have no frakking idea," he muttered. "Can your uh... mental stuff do that? Could the demoness be doing this? By the way does she have a name? It'd make talking about her easier."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

"Maybe," Solaria said after a moment's thought. "Though to do so on this scale," she whistled. "As for names, yes, but I'm not going to say it. Names have power, and some...individuals can 'hear' whenever their name is spoken, and generally figure out where and by whom it was said." After a pause she said,"I tend to think of her as 'That Bitch' though."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Mir

Mir chewed on the inside of his mouth nervously. "I'll take your word for it Sugar that voodoo is out of my league. That bitch'll work just fine."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

"I must confess though, I'm tempted to call her. I'd like to see what our BFG would do to her face."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"She killed half the Battle Sisters in that building and it didn't even look like it phased her, lets not find out."