Survival

Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Re: Survival

Post by Lighthawk »

Buck

As he wound his way through the factory, the odd scraping noise grew louder. Occasionally Buck could hear what sounded like cursing, low mutterings that drifted among the pipes and conveyers.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Mir

Mir took a look around the roof and sighed when he found nothing. "Oh well, it's not that far." Backing up a few steps he took off at a run and jumped off the side of the hotel. He easily grabbed the ledge of the parking garage next door and was about to pull himself in when he felt himself start to fall backwards. His fingers gripped the concrete wall and tried to hold on but the brittle material was crumbling in his grip. His eyes went wide as he finally lost it and fell backwards. He grimaced and yelped as he careened off a balcony and smashed into a sign on his way down. He finally crashed down into a pile of garbage cans, the thin aluminum crumpling to absorb the last of the fall.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

Things were blurry for a while. Everything hurt, occassionally one part or another managing to climb to the top of the pile of bodily complaints and really let Mir know how unhappy it was. He had a vague impression of a shadow fall over him, and a sense of pressure that traveled slowly across his aching form, sometimes bringing a twinge from abused muscles.

When his vision and mind cleared a bit, he realized the shadow was being cast by Solaria, who was gently but firmly running her hands over him, inspecting his body for serious injury. Her face was pale, paler than normal. Mir only became aware of the ringing in his ears when he saw her lips moving, but couldn't hear anything she was saying.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Mir groaned painfully as he began to move his body. Everything ached, even more when he stupidly tried to move himself. Every joint and muscle ached and so did everything in between. The few things he'd hit on the way down might have slowed his fall and saved his life but now they were making it a world of pain. "Hey Sugar," he said, or he thought he did. It sounded like someone had stuffed his ears full of cotton then shoved his head underwater.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

Gradually the pain grudingly moved from being the whole and entirety of Mir's focus, and some degree of lucidity returned. Of course, no longer being rendered mostly senseless by the pain only allowed him to appreciate more fully how badly he hurt.

"...lucky you're so thick headed or you would have broken your fool skull... " Mir could just make out Solaria, who didn't seem aware of Mir's returning awareness.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Mir grimaced and strained to hear Solaria. He could just barely make her out. "Love you too Sugar," he groaned as he rolled himself over onto his hands and knees.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

The world tilted a bit, and a wave of nausa made Mir's head swim, but he managed not to flop back down on the ground. Solaria took him by the arm and helped him stand, slowly.

"How do you feel?"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Mir stood shakily, his body protesting all the while. He staggered over and leaned against the garage heavily. "The hell do you think I feel?"
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

Solaria sighed. "How do you feel besides the obvious pain? Nothing seems broken, thank the Emperor, but you could be bleeding internally or something."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"I'll live," he groaned. He reached down and brushed off some of the trash that had stuck to him from the alleyway's road. "I landed on my head, nothing I use in there."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

Solaria's lips twitched in an almost smile, but she still looked worried. "I'll get you back in the hotel, you need to lay down."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Mir shook his head. "No, your imaginary friend is out there. We need to put distance between her and us now. I'll rest in the Sentinel."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

"Dammit Mir, you fell off a building, you don't need to be getting bounced around!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"I'd rather be bounced around then have that bitch find me like this. How the hell am I going to protect you if I can barely stand up?" Mir straightened up and winced as bruised and abused muscles shrieked their displeasure at his movements. "You're the smart one, why the hell did I jump instead of just walking down and then back up?"
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

Solaria didn't look happy, but she turned Mir for the parking garage. "Well ideally I think we were trying to save time and reduce our odds of being seen...didn't seem like that much of a gamble at the time, did it?"