Find the Founders XI

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Find the Founders XI

Post by Mark »

Undoubtedly. They wouldn't be able to get away with the contents of those freighters if any of the rest of us were still alive.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

So what do we do with the freighters? Distance ourselves from them? Move in close to defend?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

We have to stay with them, or the usual pirates from these areas will take them....we have to get these supplies to the planet.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Agreed. And we have to stay at least somewhat together. We don't have what anybody would call a powerful fleet. If we get too far away from each other, we risk those same pirates coming after us.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

good point....I suggest constant scans of all other ships, If anyone arms without proper cause the rest of us will shoot.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

It sounds like a good idea Captain, but how do we know the first ship to attack another starship on the basis of these "scans" won't be a pirate themselves? Even with 24/7 sensor coverage, the best of operators can miss something
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

true. my other thought would be to project an energy dampening field, however if any other pirates arrive, not a pretty sight.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

As I maintained earlier, the best plan of action is to spread the fleet out in a loose spherical formation around the transports, with sufficient distance between us all to ensure that any deviation in course -which would indiciate an impending attack- would quickly be noticed. Other than that, we're going to have to figure out whose ships have been taken, and destroy them.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"Well other than having a cooperative shuttle mission with crews taken from each ship that goes and checks out every ship of the fleet I don't see how."
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

And even then we can't be sure. The pirates -or rebels, or whatever they are- may well have sympathisers on other ships.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

A lottery then. We set the computer to randomly select X crew to go on a joint away team. The faster we put it together the more accurate it would be.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

One problem over here, if we lose our power again the shuttles will have no way of letting the shuttles back on. Because of that I suggest we try and tell through speech, only safe way, although unreliable, the safest.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Nickswitz wrote:One problem over here, if we lose our power again the shuttles will have no way of letting the shuttles back on. Because of that I suggest we try and tell through speech, only safe way, although unreliable, the safest.
Wait a second, why are we only transmitting audio? If we transmit visual as well, we should be able to keep an eye on each others bridges for suspicious activity.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

It wouldn't hurt, though it's easy enough to tap out a simple text message and transmit that without raising suspicion.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I agree with Captain Rochey. That pattern makes the most sense, and even though we have a HUGE problem, we have to remember our primary mission, which is to protect those freighters. That pattern seems logical as it allows us to accomplish both of our missions.