The visitor revisted

Deep Space Nine
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

The visitor revisted

Post by Granitehewer »

According to wiki, in the epi ''the Visitor'', when Sisko disappears, the bajorans saddened at the loss of their emissary sign a defence pact with the cardassians....its been ages since i saw the epi (11years) so can't verify but doesn't that seem like bad writing, surely the bajorans would rather fart in an airlock then pact with the cardassians......
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: The visitor revisted

Post by Captain Seafort »

Granitehewer wrote:According to wiki, in the epi ''the Visitor'', when Sisko disappears, the bajorans saddened at the loss of their emissary sign a defence pact with the cardassians....its been ages since i saw the epi (11years) so can't verify but doesn't that seem like bad writing, surely the bajorans would rather fart in an airlock then pact with the cardassians...
Desperate times call for desperate measures, and don't forget that this was years after the initial peace treaty in "Life Support" - they'd had time to get used to the idea of the Cardies as neighbours rather than occupiers.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

The (justified, IMO) hatred of the Cardassians was also far from universal among the Bajorans. We saw more than a fair share of former Cardie sympathizers/lackeys among the Bajoran population.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Plus, all the "major" powers were slugging it out. The little guys had to band together. But what would the Bajorans use for defense?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

Well, lets think about it with the defense pact the cardassians could have armed the bajorians, also hte bajorans could have built new ships buring that period.
Genius insania et conseri manum
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Foxfyre wrote:Well, lets think about it with the defense pact the cardassians could have armed the bajorians, also hte bajorans could have built new ships buring that period.
To an extent, yes - that would be a secondary goal of a defense pact... I'm not sure where this point is leading, however.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer