Fantasy RPG: The Unholy Mission

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Fantasy RPG: The Unholy Mission

Post by Monroe »

OOC Note:

To join please create a character using this resource. After that post the newly minted character here.

Since this is a forum RP I'm not going to be particular on a lot of things. Most notably enemy placements. The spell list uses very vague terms like 'near' and that is fine enough for our situation. Immovable objects might have terms such as feet but for our uses we don't need to get all nit picky.

A turn is simply another person's post. It is technically possible to abuse the situation and cause a creature to be immobile for ever, for example, but that would ruin everyone's fun. Length of spells last until you post again or until a certain number of other people post again.

I will play numerous NPCs. Any notable ones you will find a write up here same with two awesome maps.

Game mechanics are a bastardized version of Exalted, Dungeons and Dragons, and Elder Scrolls. That said the game play is original so if there are any questions feel free to ask.

IC:

Boned growths expelled from the broken wastes around the central nexus of the Empire of Dox. Wrapping their angular boned tendrils around the obsidian tower. Large fang like spikes hooked outwards from the tower in all directions as it stretched into the air.

No windows to speak of in the Spine Tower. Only the roof was open to the outside environment. The skies a noticeable red tent. A large green fire of fel flame burned in the central audience room on the roof. The obsidian there stained with blood of the recently executed Elangaran prisoners of war. Their captured magika would fuel the fel flames to empower the unholy healers of the realm.

In a large chair made of his vanquished foes sat the mighty Dark Lord Xythic. Armored in impenetrable Felsteel the demon borne watched the green flames before him. Two eight foot tall hell knights stood on either side of him.

Their bloody teeth occasionally opened into a macabre fiendish grin as the newly arriving guests were brought before them.

The Dark Lord Xythic looked over the new comers. New agents, all of them. But to remain under the Elangara sights less than powerful agents would have to do. A company of Hell Knights would surely alert the Paladins in the land of good.

"Minions," He said as he watched them. "My will is that you find Nervarious' tomb in the land of the Thalus Empire. Pillage it to acquire part of the Staff of Dark Power. From there you will trace the locations of the rest of my lost Staff and reassemble it so that a killing blow may be presented to our fiends of the east. Now, step forward so that I might know who to crush or who to elevate in my armies. Step forward so your master may see you." The Dark Lord Xythic commanded as he looked over the group. Pointing to one seemingly at random, "You first."
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Fantasy RPG: The Unholy Mission

Post by Aaron »

A large individual steps forward and removes the hood of it's cloak, as it does so there is a glimpse of a bare green chest. The individual is female and an Orc, dressed in pants, boots and cloak made from the skin of seals, fur on the inside. The handle of a knife protrudes from her left boot and a rusted axe hangs from her belt. She carries a rusted iron spear in her right hand.

"Rôa Hagcrasha, I be lord!" She bellows, the words barely understandable through the huge tusks protruding from her lower jaw. She twists her face into a grin and drops to one knee, her cloak falling open as she does so.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

A second large figure stepped up, looking down at the kneeling ork. The creature had a human-like appearance, except for claws where there should have been fingers and toes, a giant pair of wings which were at the time enclosed around his torso like a protective cloak, and a large tail. A bow and quiver full of arrows were draped across his shoulders, and a rusty helmet that looked as if it had just recently parted the company of another sat on his head.

Taking a step closer to the King than the ork, hoping to show his lack of fear and boldness, The gargoyle too knelt and said, "I am Gorath, and I have come to serve, my lord."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

With a faint sound reminiscent of a large and heavy clock, the being known as the Ebon Hand approached to the gargoyle's left, close to the dais. His eyes never left Lord Xythic's face as he knelt.

"I... serve." the voice was a dry, grating croak, in sharp contrast to the Hand's fairly handsome, swarthy appearance.

Despite his lack of physical size, the huge battle axe slung across his back indicated his true strength. It was all he appeared to possess, besides the two small vials clipped to his jet-black belt. The axe's dull gray finish was the only contrast to his unadorned black trousers, matte-black boots, and black long-sleeved shirt. His equally dark hair was chin-length, nondescript, and hung in wispy strands, framing the elegant features of his face. His eyes, however, were a glassy, faded gray color, and it was here that the truth of the Hand's nature was most obvious: they were the eyes of a corpse.

He sat, as motionless as a statue, awaiting his instructions.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

One of the remainder took a step forward with pride. Her figure was dainty and slim, but massively tall for a woman. 6ft 3 or 4 seemd appropriate. She removed her hood revealing a dazzlingly perfected mass of long white blonde hair. Her face was of an unbelievable pallor, whiter than the driven snow of nothern lands. accompanied by her clouded, white-blue eyes, she had a foreboding yet beautiful appearance. She gently yet swiftly dropped to one knee and bowed her head in submission.

"I kneel to no creature but you, my lord. I kneel to serve," She said firmly, without fear or remorse, yet without eager joy of a new acolyte. She sounded wisened and intelligent. Yet emotionless and cold. She remained motionless in her kneel, not looking up. She had no need. She was blind. And yet she could see, not through her eyes. But other means.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

A stocky figure of average height was next to join the line of the prostrated, kneeling somewhat awkwardly, the motion disturbing the heavy cloak he wore. The fabric parted to reveal the bare stump of flesh where his right arm should have been. A voice whispered from under the cowl, grating and rough. A whiff of something like grave soil seemed to drift from the man.

" Command me, my lord," Gathra rasped.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

A massive crimson figure shouldered its way carelessly through the gathered people and knelt on one knee in front of the huge throne, inky black markings writhing up and down its exposed arms, legs, and face. Firelight glinted off of its glossy black horns and a gravelly voice rumbled, "My lord and kin. I am Melroch the Cremator, son of Cernonos the Horned One, and the furtherance of destruction in your name is my only desire."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The massive Minotaur tramped up next, his shaggy fur clad in crude iron armour and his hooves sounding loudly against the stone floor. Holding a large mace firmly in one hand, he removed his helmet and bowed low.

"I am Ronkur, healer of clan Krunnia of the forrests of Vunir." He growled quietly, his voice deep. "I pledge my alliegence to you, my lord."
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

The Dark Lord Xythic smirked a little. His eyes flaring as eternal flame filled is veins. Speaking in a deep voice he replied to the lowly minions, "Your pathetic groveling only strengthens my position that none of you are worth the wart on a hag. But be that as it may, you all will be given the opportunity. You have come from all corners of my Empire and beyond." He looked at the Minotaur from the giants' lands, turning to the reanimated creature of his former general he continued. "Some of you have even failed me in the past... I will not be so forgiving this time, Lord Naius." He chuckles a little. The sound deep and shakes the hall. "Go now to the city of Painbringer and take a ship to the Thalus coast. I command it. Be gone."

The two Hell Knights on either side of their Dark Lord barred their teeth as a warning to the visitors to not stay in the master's presence.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Hagcrasha wastes no time in returning to her feet and striding from the chamber and out of the tower. Where she waits far enough from the entrance to orientate herself to toward the coast, the smell of the sea as familiar to her as her own weapons. While she waits for her new companions to join her she takes a drink from one of her water skins and idly inspects the tip of her spear.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

"Greenskin," rumbled Melroch's voice like two boulders grinding together, "you are familiar with the ways of boats, no? You should be - you smell of dead sea creatures, and you wear their skins in lieu of some much-needed clothing. You are capable of getting us to Painbringer?" As the rest of the party filed out, Melroch mused, "We must find some wretch with a boat and liberate it from him. And hurt him."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

"Aye, demon. I kyan help us get dere, mek i follow dis river and see if deh is one".

At this she gestures to the river running by the Spire.

"The journey of a dousand miles begins with a ongle step, come!" And starts to follow the river, her keen eyes searching in the distance for the tell tale signs of a dock or small boat.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Gorath walked from the room, giving one last, rather fierce look at the Knights. Striding out of the room, behind the ork and demon. He heard them conversing with the ork admitting to have been a sailor.

"I shall search from the skies, it will be much easier to find that way." Gorath spoke, looking out a window from their high vantage point.

Unclasping his wings from around his shoulders, he revealed a dagger, a water skin, and another bag of what appeared to be the gargoyle's food hanging from his waste. Placing one foot on the sill, Gorath leaned out, opened his wings and leaped off, allowing the wind to fill his wings.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Following behind the main body of the group, Gathra had some misgivings about trusting an orc to sail any boat he was on, but decided to keep his opinion to himself. He figured he could at least see her in action before making any final judgement.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Before long Rôa and several of the party members spot a cutter tied to a nearby pier. The vessel would be cramped for the party but it's single mast and sail would provide much needed speed. Hagcrasha gathers the party around her and indicates the vessel with a nod of her head.

"That cutter will serve well enough for our needs, i just need fe take kya of de crew. I see so-so a handful on board, i should be able fe dispose of dem easy enough."