Fantasy Universes

Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Re: Fantasy Universes

Post by Lighthawk »

Actually, forget the necromancer question, I'm going to go with a stealthy ranger/assassian type character. Bow and dagger hit and run kind of fighter.

Stats
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Willpower: 6
Agility: 9
Endurance: 8
Charisma: 5

No clue yet on race, I'll have to come up with the character first.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I might be up for it. I'm interested in the demon-born, but having demons around sort of contradicts the limited use of magic, no?

Anyhoo, if there's more detail on that particular race, lemme know and I'll see if I can whip something up.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'd like more info on the various races' attributes and bonuses before I make a character. I am interested, though.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

BTW, Kendall - I have (somewhere) the original edition of WFRP. I think, though, for our purposes, the character advancement is rather too constricted. There's far more limitations on available skills per advance scheme than DH, and strictures (other than XP required) on characteristic advances. Also, since FRP goes career to career - rather than ranks within career - it's incredibly easy to get bottlenecked into a character development direction that you don't want to go.
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Mikey wrote:I might be up for it. I'm interested in the demon-born, but having demons around sort of contradicts the limited use of magic, no?

Anyhoo, if there's more detail on that particular race, lemme know and I'll see if I can whip something up.
Demon-born doesn't break the use of magic too much. Especially if one considers hell or wherever they came from a physical realm just like ours.

I'm thinking of Elder Scrolls when I say demon born so this is what they look like:

They aren't full scale daemons but more humanoid looking.

Pleased to see everyone understands character creation. Things that are sterotypically good like wood elves and dwarfs can be evil. Free will and all. So any of those creatures listed will work. I'm going to start writing up the creature bonuses and downsides for each race.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Technically, thats a Dremora, IIRC. Like the lowest form of demon.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm with Mikey. I'd like to get more info on the various races' attributes before creating a character.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rough Draft of Playable creatures:

Human: Neutral Benefits
Corrupt Human: +2 to Intelligence or +2 to Strength. -3 to Willpower *Resists Shadow*
High Elf: +2 to Intelligence and +2 to Charisma. -1 to Strength and -1 to Endurance *Can Detect Magc*
Wood Elf: +4 to Agility. -1 to Endurance and -2 to Willpower *Increased Hearing and Trap detection*
Drow: +2 to Intelligence and +1 to Strength. -3 to Charisma.*Can see in Dark*
Dwarf: +1 to Intelligence and +2 to Strength. -3 to Charisma. *Resists Frost*
Gnome: +5 to Intelligence. -4 to Endurance and -2 to Willpower *Resists Social Life- Kidding. *Has Life Line for puzzles*
Minotaur: +7 to Strength. -4 to Intelligence and -5 to Charisma *Can see in Dark*
Gargoyle: +3 to Strength. -4 to Charisma and -1 to Intelligence. *Can Fly at Night*
Goblin: +1 to Strength and +1 to Agility and +1 to Endurance. -3 to Intelligence and -4 to Charisma. *Can see in Dark*
Orc: +4 to Strength. -3 in Intelligence and -2 in Charisma. *Can see in Dark*
Half Orc: +2 to Strength. -1 in Intelligence and -1 in Charisma. *Can see in Dark*
Macabre Reanimation: +10 in Endurance and +4 in Strength and +2 in Willpower. -6 in Intelligence and -6 in Charisma. *Does not Breathe. Moves slowly.*
Demon Borne: +3 in Strength and +2 in Willpower. -4 in Charisma and -2 in Endurance. *Resists Fire*
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rochey wrote:I'm with Mikey. I'd like to get more info on the various races' attributes before creating a character.
tada

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Thanks.

Hmm, I may go for a Minotaur. Hitting stuff with a big axe sounds like fun.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:BTW, Kendall - I have (somewhere) the original edition of WFRP. I think, though, for our purposes, the character advancement is rather too constricted. There's far more limitations on available skills per advance scheme than DH, and strictures (other than XP required) on characteristic advances. Also, since FRP goes career to career - rather than ranks within career - it's incredibly easy to get bottlenecked into a character development direction that you don't want to go.
Aye, I'm looking at 2nd edition now and your limited to a path.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Monroe wrote:
Rochey wrote:I'm with Mikey. I'd like to get more info on the various races' attributes before creating a character.
tada
I'm going with "Macabre Reanimation". :D

Is that like Frankenstein's Monster, or a mummy, or zombie, or what?

I'm thinking something with a lot of mechanical parts, like a steampunk Borg.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Yeah, the pyromaniac in me is still pulling for Demon-born. Gimme a little time, I'll cobble something together.
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Monroe wrote:
tada
I'm going with "Macabre Reanimation". :D

Is that like Frankenstein's Monster, or a mummy, or zombie, or what?

I'm thinking something with a lot of mechanical parts, like a steampunk Borg.
Whatever you'd like your reanimation to be. I personally was thinking for players to pick zombie or skeleton but so long as it fits go for it. There's a reason its purposely vague. ;)

-Remain Star Trek-
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

To clarify: Agility is used to hit something, Strength for damage modifier, Intelligence for magical attack, Willpower for magical defense?
as Bull offed Custer