TW: Children of Earth

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

TW: Children of Earth

Post by Captain Seafort »

Part One was on last night, part 2 is on tonight. Are people watching and what do they think?

Part one, for the Brits. Foreigners, sucks to be you. :P
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Re: TW: Children of Earth

Post by colmquinn »

Arse, i didn't even know it was on. Will it be again on bbc3 soon? I just don't really like watching shows like that on small pc screen.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Part 2 is on tonight, 2100 - I'm not sure about reruns, as this is only running this week.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Well I guess I've no option but to :pirate: Not that I condone that kind of thing :whistle:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I thought part 1 was fairly good. Lots of questions to be answered, and it looks like the Brittish government is scrambling to cover their own arses. Let's hope the quality keeps going up, and TW may actualy become a decent show.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Great episode last night, and this one is shaping up pretty good :)
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Encasing Jack in concrete was pretty clever. And I'm interested in finding out who "The 4-5-6" are.
Looks like we start getting answers tomorrow.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

I'd prefer if they resisted bringing a new alien to the episode and just have some children appear in the glass box thing and keep the actual 456 an unknown threat for future appearances.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Jacks revival was damn right creepy.

Great rescue scene too.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

This is turning into a pretty cool miniseries. And we have competent bad guys (and girl) - not announcing all their plans to the world, encasing Captain Scarlet in concrete, sounding alarms when you start loosing cameras and can't raise your guards? :shock: Madness - they might actually demand ID to get into MI5 HQ next!
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Aye, shame the snipers can't shoot for sh*t.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

*shrug* That would be asking too much - you don't expect the elite, specially selected and highly trained personnel of Torchwood Three to actually zigzag do you?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Part 3 wasn't too bad. The 456 seem like an interesting bunch, and I liked the "you won't do it because you're a better man than I" bit.
Oh, and Jack has a Dark Secret in his past.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Rochey wrote:Oh, and Jack has a Dark Secret in his past.
I liked that bit too, also I liked the reason the 456 gave for picking GB as their landing site.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Oh no! Poor Ianto! :(

Well, looks like the collapse of law and order next week if the preview's anything to go by. What I want to know is what the hell they're doing to the children. It looks like they're in some sort of symbiosis with them. :?