Match VI: Battle Royal 2.0

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Match VI: Battle Royal 2.0

Post by Teaos »

Welcome one and all to the second DITL Battle Royal Death match!!

Fresh from his victory in the first Death Match Captain Rochey is out to defend his title, after retiring the Daisy after the last match Captain Rochey rides yet again in a Akira, the USS Nutcracker.
Akira

Sections:
Forward saucer (Phaser array, 3 x Type 4 burst fire tubes)
Starboard saucer (2 type 4 Burst fire tubes)
Central saucer (Bridge, shuttlebay)
Port Saucer (2 type 4 Burst fire tubes)
Roll Bar (Phaser array, 7 type 4 burst fire tubes)
Central engineering (WC)
Aft Engineering hull (phaser array)
Port nacelle
Starboard nacelle

Hull: 213,000TJ each
Defensive systems: Standard shield system, total capacity 1,876,500 TeraJoules overall
312,750 TJ per section

Armament:
3 x Type X phaser arrays, total output 20,000 TeraWatts
15 x Pulse fire photon torpedo tube
3 x strike group

Speed: 95,000 KMPT
Special Feature:
Strike groups

The Akira can field 3 strike groups of 5 craft, these craft must stay in their 5 unit strike team, they have an endurance of 5 turns before they must return to the mothership. Once at the mothership they must be docked for one whole turn not including the turn they return to ship before they can be launched again, this effectively resets their endurance and reloads them. It is the commanders duty to make sure the craft do not get so far away from the ship as to be unable to return in due time.

The craft in a strike group must all be of the same type although the different strike groups can be of different makes.

Craft may go into "evasive" mode which increases the odds of dodging enemy fire but it drops speed by 1/3.

The craft options are.

Falcon:
Micro torpedoes: Fires 3 a turn, damage: 10,000 TJ each
Type 4 phaser: Damage 12,000
Speed: 120,000 KMPT
Shields: 30,000, Hull, 3,000
(Has the ability to run interference, places -3 firing penalty on targeted ship for duration, ship must be with in 10,000km to perform act, firing range is 80,000km)

Curbstomper:
Quantum torpedo: One QT slung under the main body of the craft, one shot. Damage 120,000TJ
Micro pulse phasers x 2, damage 12,000TJ
Speed: With QT loaded, 60,000, unloaded 90,000 KMPT
Shields: 30,000, Hull, 3,000
(The firing range of these craft is 120,000km)
After somehow surviving the destruction of his ship last time Captain Stitch graces the battlefield once more, this time in the Intrepid class USS Meat-Grinder.
Intrepid

Forward Saucer (Phasers, 2 x Torpedo tubes)
Starboard Saucer (1 x Torpedo tube)
Port Saucer (1 x Torpedo tube)
Central Saucer (Bridge, Phasers)
Aft Saucer (Phasers, 1 x Torpedo tube)
Forward Engineering (Phaser)
Central Engineering (WC)
Aft Engineering (Phaser)
Port Nacelle
Starboard Nacelle

Armament:
7 x Type VIII phaser arrays, total output 70,000 (x2)
5 x Standard photon torpedo tube

Defence:
Standard shield system, total capacity 729,000 TeraJoules, 121,500 Per section
Hull 230,000TJ

Speed:
110,000 KMPT

Special: Microjumping, due to the moving nacelles the Intrepid is able to warp under normal conn turns and also manage a tac phase in the same turn (normal ships cannot attack in the same round as a warp jump)
Likewise Captain Nic is back once more trying to perform better than forth place. He commands the USS Cleaver.
Intrepid

Forward Saucer (Phasers, 2 x Torpedo tubes)
Starboard Saucer (1 x Torpedo tube)
Port Saucer (1 x Torpedo tube)
Central Saucer (Bridge, Phasers)
Aft Saucer (Phasers, 1 x Torpedo tube)
Forward Engineering (Phaser)
Central Engineering (WC)
Aft Engineering (Phaser)
Port Nacelle
Starboard Nacelle

Armament:
7 x Type VIII phaser arrays, total output 70,000 (x2)
5 x Standard photon torpedo tube

Defence:
Standard shield system, total capacity 729,000 TeraJoules, 121,500 Per section
Hull 230,000TJ

Speed:
110,000 KMPT

Special: Microjumping, due to the moving nacelles the Intrepid is able to warp under normal conn turns and also manage a tac phase in the same turn (normal ships cannot attack in the same round as a warp jump)
After an abysmal performance this time Captain Mark is back, this time in command of the RSE Tenderizer.
Scimitar

Ship is broken down into the following sections:
Forward Section (3 standard torpedo tubes, 2 heavy duty disruptors, forward firing, bridge)
Port Section (2 standard torpedo tubes, 2 disruptors, port firing)
Starboard Section (2 standard torpedo tubes, 2, disruptors, starboard firing)
Central Section (4 disruptors, 2 dorsal firing, 2 ventral firing, main computer)
Aft Engineering section (3 standard torpedo tubes, 2 disruptors, aft firing, warp core)
Port engineering section (2 disruptors, aft/port firing, nacelle)
Starboard engineering section (2 disruptors, aft/starboard firing, nacelle)
Port wing (4 disruptors, 2 forward/port firing, 2 aft/port firing)
Starboard wing (4 disruptors, 2 forward/port firing, 2 aft/port firing)

Each section has a strength of 747,250TJ.

Total Shield Strenght: 2,160,000 TJ (360,000TJ per section)

Speed: 95,500

Armament:
2 Heavy duty disruptors, 300,000 (fires only in straight line, can only fire once every 2 turns, deal 1/3 of its damage to shields and 2/3 to hull underneath)
24 disruptor banks, 80,000 TJ output (x3)
10 torpedoe tubes (each firing 2 per turn)

Special: Perfect Cloak, can fire and warp while cloaked. Enemy ships can target the place the ship last fired at and have a chance to hit with -2 penalties to targeting. Range of GCS sensors reduced to 100,000km.
Joining us for the first time is Captain Sunny of the USS Blender.
Galaxy Class refit

Forward Saucer (Phaser Arrays)
Starboard Saucer (Phaser Arrays)
Port Saucer (Phaser Arrays)
Central Saucer (Bridge, Main Computer)
Aft Saucer (Phaser Arrays)
Forward Engineering (2x Burst Fire Photon Torpedo Tubes Forward Facing)
Central Engineering (Warp Core, Phaser Arrays)
Aft Engineering (Phaser Arrays)
Port Nacelle (Port Nacelle, Phaser array)
Starboard Nacelle (Starboard Nacelle, Phaser array)

Each Section can take : 710,000 TJ Strength

Total Shield Strength: 5,400,000 TJ
Each Section: 900,000TJ

Speed: 70,000 KMPT

Armament:
Phaser Arrays, Total Output: 100,000 TW (x4)
2x Type 3 Burst Fire Photon Torpedoes: 3/ turn (80,000 TJ)

Special: Advanced sensors, able to detect cloaked ships with in 200,000km. Also has the abilty to "intercept" incoming enemy torpedoes. Each group of arrays (4 possible) has the ability to be turned onto intercept incoming enemy torpedoes, the arrays will target whole salvos of torpedoes (torpedoes fired in groups from the same tube) with a chance to knock out none/some/all of the incoming torpedoes.
And last of all is the new comer Captain Bob of the DE Grill.
Dominion Battleship:

Divided into the following sections:
Prow (2 heavy duty phase polaron cannons, 1 standard photorp tube, forward firing)
Fore-port(2 standard photorp tubes, 2 phased polaron emmitters, forward/port firing)
Fore-starboard (2 standard photorp tubes, 2 PPEs, forward/starboard firing)
Central Section (Bridge, main computer)
Aft Section ( warp core, 2 standard photorp tubes, 2 PPEs, aft firing)
Aft-port (2 PPEs, aft/port firing)
Aft-starboard (2 PPEs, aft/starboard firing)
Port wing (nacelle)
Starboard wing (nacelle)

Each section has a strenght of 1,265,000 TJ

Total Shield Strengh is 4,644,000 TJ (774,000 per section)

Speed: 80,000

Armament:
Heavy-duty Phased Polaron cannons - 300,000 TJ strength
Phased Polaron cannons - 90,000 TJ strength (x4)
(Polaron beams deal double damage to Federation and Romulan ships)
Standard photon torpedo tubes - 2 rounds per turn

Special: Founders loyalty, for every section of the ship over 20% destroyed the ship gets a +1 to all rolls as the crew becomes more fanatical.

What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Match VI: Battle Royal 2.0

Post by Teaos »

Captain Mark of the RSE Tenderizer orders his ship to cloak.

The two Intrepid ships under the commands of Captains Nic and Stitch however are not keen on letting the Romulan ship cloak and both perform a mircojump to just off its Starboard side, weapons ready.

The Dominion Battleship under command of Captain Bob proceeds full speed towards the Akira class USS Nutcracker.

Captain Rochey however is not keen to repeat the damage done to his ship last round and warps to the other side of the battlefield, well out of range of the other ships.

Finally Captain Sunny of the Galaxy class USS Blender jumps into full reverse while twisting to face the Scimitar.

Mark, Stitch and Nic, share similar positions and their numbers are the same. They however are not close enough to be targetted with stray shots ect.

Tac orders. Remeber to check what ranges your weapons you have, not all of you are in weapons range. All ranges are in the rules thread.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

As the Scimitar tries to cloak it is pummeled by dual attacks from the Intrepid class ships under the commands of Captains Nic and Stitch. At pretty much point blank range every shot rips into the Starboard side. The shields quickly collapse and the Starboard sections of the ship get slammed with phaser and torpedoes. Fire catches in one of the sections and several torpedo tubes are knocked out with several lucky hits.

The Scimitar however manages to successfully cloak despite the damage.

The Galaxy class ship under command of Captain Sunny luckily has no incoming fire to dodge, she does however try to fire off a salvo of torpedoes, the range though is just to great and all the shots go wide.

The Dominion Battleship under command of Captain Bob is out of range of all other ships. As is the Akira class ship commanded by Captain Rochey.

Damage Report:

Akira Class USS Nutcracker, Captain Rochey: Full power

Intrepid class USS Meat-Grinder, Captain Stitch: Full Power

Intrepid class USS Cleaver, Captain Nic: Full Power

Dominion Battleship DE Grill, Captain Bob: Full Power

Galaxy Class USS Blender, Captain Rochey: Full Power

Scimitar Class, RSE Tenderiser, Captain Mark: Starboard shields down.

Forward Starboard section down to 307,250TJ. Torpedo tubes down. Starboard wing down to 307,250TJ, fire.

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Firing up its massive engines the Galaxy Class ship lurches forward at full speed towards the Scimitars last known position. She also successfully enters evasive maneuvers.

The Akira class ship under command of captain Rochey shoots towards the last known position of the Scimitar also, she also launches all available craft.

The Intrepid class ships under the commands of Captains Stitch and Nic microjump once more, this time right behind the Akira class ship.

The Massive Dominion Battleship obviously feeling the peer pressure moves towards the last known location of the Intrepid class ships and the Scimitar.

The Scimitar still fully cloaked is no where to be seen.

Note: Due to Rochey launching his fighter/bombers while at full speed it was a bit hard coming up with hard to work out their position, if they launched at the start of the turn they would be behind him since they are slower than his ship, if they launched at the end of the turn they would be closer but lose distance in future turns, so I just decided to put them near the mothership for this turn to indicate they launched sometime during the turn to keep it fair. So Rochey, Nic, Stitch, and the fighter/bombers are all in the same general area, although far enough apart to not allow stray shots hitting.

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

A slight shimmer appears in space as the Scimitar fires a full volley of torpedoes at Captain Stitches Intrepid. At such a massive range though only a single torpedo finds its mark slamming into the forward shields which flicker but hold. The glow from the fire also fades as rescue teams get it under control.

The Dominion Battleship tries to fire weapons at the distant Galaxy class ship but isn't able to bring her tubes to bare on the ship.

The Galaxy class ship weaves in space but fires no shots.

The Fighters and Bombers of the Akira class cruiser turn in space and bring all their weapons to bare on Captain Nics Intrepid class ship. Micro Torpedoes, micro pulse fire canons, and Quantum Torpedoes streak towards the ship is a wall of Technicolour death. The little ships forward and Starboard shields quickly buckle under the onslaught and the hull underneath is completely destroyed and several fires ignite.

Captain Stitches Intrepid class ship fires its torpedoes slightly to the left of the Scimitars last known position but none manage to hit anything. Her phasers lash out at the much closer bombers of the Akira class ship getting 4 out of 5 in one of the Strike wings.

Moments before the vicious attack on her by the fighter/bombers of Captain Rochey, Captain Nic unleashes all her weapons at the strike craft of the carrier. Her phasers manage in knock out all but 4 of the craft and her torpedoes quickly soak up the rest.

Damage Report:

Akira Class USS Nutcracker, Captain Rochey: Full power. All Strike craft destroyed.

Intrepid class USS Meat-Grinder, Captain Stitch: Forward shields down to 41,500TJ

Intrepid class USS Cleaver, Captain Nic: Forward shields down, starboard shields down.

Forward hull destroyed, Starboard hull destroyed, central and port saucer on fire.

Galaxy Class USS Blender, Captain Sunny: Full Power

Scimitar Class, RSE Tenderiser, Captain Mark: Starboard shields down.

Forward Starboard section down to 307,250TJ. Torpedo tubes down. Starboard wing down to 307,250TJ, fire.

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

For such a large ship the Galaxy class ship slips into a series of perfect evasive maneuvers.

The Large Dominion Battleship doesn't move from its previous location.

The Akira class ship, still under full power warps to behind the Dominion battleship. She however managed to pull into some sloppy evasive maneuvers.

The Two intrepid though are to quick for it, with their superior handling and agility manage to stay on its tail and follow it, warping to just behind it.

The Scimitar is still undercloak.

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Still recovery from her last warp jump the Akira class ship under command of captain Rochey is unable to fire.

Out to avenge his brothers brutal beating Captain Stitch fires everything he has at the Akira class ship easily overcoming the shields and slamming into the hull underneath.

Although severely beaten Captain Nic still manages to fire off one of his torpedo tubes and one set of phasers at Captain Rochey further adding to the damage already inflicted by his brother.

Obviously Captain Rochey has done something to piss off the brothers as Captain Bob of the Dominion battleship adds to the pile on. Phased Polaron beams rip into the front of the Akira class ship collapsing them under their destructive power. Not done a salvo of torpedoes finds its mark on the cruiser.

Trying to get lucky with a long shot Captain Bob also sends several torpedoes out on a long shot at the cloaked Scimitar, however with the cloak and long range none manage to hit.

Using he advanced sensors and the power of positive thinking Captain Sunny of the Galaxy class ship goes for the long shot and lobs two full salvos of torpedoes at the last known position of the Scimitar. With a combination of skill, luck and advanced sensors Captain Sunny amazingly gets two solid hits on the cloaked vessel that briefly flickers into view before the cloak recovers.

The Scimitar is no where to be seen.

Damage Report:

Akira Class USS Nutcracker, Captain Rochey: All Strike craft destroyed.

Aft shields down, forward shields down.

Roll Bar destroyed, aft engineering destroyed, forward section down, Starboard section down to 141,000TJ (phaser array needs repairing), Port nacelle down to 247,000TJ and venting plasma (warp travel off line for 1 turn) Central engineering on fire.

Repair options: Central engineering on fire, Starboard section phaser arrays.

Intrepid class USS Meat-Grinder, Captain Stitch: Forward shields down to 41,500TJ

Intrepid class USS Cleaver, Captain Nic: Forward shields down, starboard shields down.

Forward hull destroyed, Starboard hull destroyed, central saucer on fire.

Galaxy Class USS Blender, Captain Sunny: Full Power

Scimitar Class, RSE Tenderiser, Captain Mark: Starboard shields down. Port shields down to 587,250TJ.

Forward Starboard section down to 307,250TJ. Starboard wing down to 307,250TJ.

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The mighty Galaxy class under command of captain Sunny tries to throw her engines into reverse but the strain is to much and she stalls in space.

Captains Stitch and Rochey square of in a series of impressive maneuvers, but unluckily for captain Stitch his helms man is just not as good as the Akiras helmsman as the wreck of a ship manages to slam her flaming hull full force into the smaller ship. With the superior mass the little ship has no chance as both are consumed in twin core detonations.

Captain Nics Intrepid sadly swooshes through the debris cloud of his brothers ship.

The mightly Dominion Battleship finishes its turn and faces the expanding debris cloud that is the Akira and Intrepid class ships.

The Scimitars cloak still holds.

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Captain Nic still licking his wounds decides not to fire this round.

The other living brother tries for a lucky shot and fires wildly at the Scimitars last known position but doesn't land a shot.

Captain Sunny assuming the Scimitar is coming right for it aims all of his torpedoes at the space between he and Scimitar. Again with an impressive amount of luck and skill four torpedoes find their mark on the cloaked ship causing it to briefly flash into view.

The Scimitar briefly comes into view as it fires its weapons. Its heavy disruptors glow with power before unleashing two mightly bolts of energy. Amazingly though they miss the huge Galaxy class ship they were aimed at. The secondary disruptors though have better luck as two blasts of energy slam into the forward shields of the GCS. Finally seven different tubes unleash a cloud of torpedoes at the Captain Sunny. However the advanced sensors pay off as the phaser arrays flash into defence mode zapping 4 out of 5 torpedoes that were about to hit it out of the sky. Only a single torpedo hitting home.

Damage Report:

Akira Class USS Nutcracker, blowed up.

Intrepid class USS Meat-Grinder, Deaded.

Forward hull destroyed, Starboard hull destroyed.

Galaxy Class USS Blender, Captain Sunny: Forward shields down to 660,00TJ.

Scimitar Class, RSE Tenderiser, Captain Mark: Starboard shields down. Port shields down to 200,000TJ, Forward shields down to 40,000TJ.

Forward Starboard section down to 307,250TJ. Starboard wing down to 307,250TJ.

Map since Scimitars position is known due to weapons fire.

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Captain Sunny pulls off a set of perfect evasive moves swinging his giant Galaxy class ship around.

Captain Nic, waving goodbye to the debris cloud that was his brother activates his warp drive and jumps away from the action.

Captain Bob orders his massive Battleship forward towards the last known location of the Scimitar.

Captain Mark is still hidden under his cloak

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Captain Nic, damaged and out of range sits round out.

The Dominion Battleship under the command of Captain Bob unleashes its full power at the last known position of the Scimitar, for once luck is on Captain Bobs side as his powerful disruptors rip into the unshielded side of the cloaked Scimitar causing it to flicker into life, just as the cloak powers up again several torpedoes slam into the ship. The Starboard wing appearing out of no where spinning through space betrays the massive damage done to the ship.

The Galaxy class ship while twisting though space fires several groups of torpedoes at the cloaked Scimitar, with the cloak still active however only a few of them find their marks causing minor damage to the front end of the mighty Romulan vessel.

The Scimitar manages to get off several shots before being pummeled by the Dominion Battleship, disruptors and torpedoes slamming into the forward shields of the ship knocking their power down put still holding.

Damage Report:

Dominion Battleship DE Grill, Captain Bob: Forward shields are down to 534,750TJ.

Scimitar Class, RSE Tenderiser, Captain Mark: Starboard shields down. Port shields down to 200,000TJ, Forward shields down.

Forward section down to 547,250TJ. Forward Starboard section destroyed, Starboard wing destroyed, Starboard wing blown off, central section down to 172,250TJ.

Damage: Fire in central section, all propulsion offline till repaired, beam weapons disabled for 1 turn.

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Captain Nic still chooses to stay out of combat and keeps his massive distance from the rest of the ships.

Captain Bob happy with his current positioning holds his current position.

The lumbering Galaxy class under command of Captain Sunny throws herself into reverse angling away from the Dominion Battleship and the cloaked Scimitar, she does however manage to keep the Scimitar in her firing arc.

The cloaked Scimitar still cannot be seen

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Taking the saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" the Dominion Battleship and Galaxy class ship combine their power and send dual waves of destructive power crashing through the zone the Scimitar was last seen at. Even with out a perfect weapons lock the shear numbers of Torpedoes and energy weapons tear through the space, many missing but a ship crunching number find their mark on Mark.

The cloak of the Scimitar fails just in time for the remaining ships to see the hull of the Scimitar crack and tear apart, the core detonating and sending debris flying through space.

Feeling much luckier than he is Captain Nic fires off a few torpedoes at the ships over a million kilometers away. Shockingly he misses everyone.

Damage report:

Dominion Battleship DE Grill, Captain Bob: Forward shields are down to 534,750TJ.

Scimitar Class, RSE Tenderiser, Captain Mark: Splat

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Captain Bob orders his flying city forward closing the distance between him and captain Sunny.

Captain Sunny trying to keep the distance between himself and the Dominion Battleship throws his engines into full reverse almost keeping the previous distance between them.

Finally rejoining the action captain Nic fires up his warp drive and flashes to right behind the Galaxy Class ship.

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Crippled but still kicking Captain Nic fires all available weapons at the arse of the Galaxy class ship, unfortunately for him the Galaxies defenses are to powerful and it holds against the attack.

Teaming up with his brother captain Bob also fires all available weapons at Captain Sunny, several salvoes of torpedoes lash out at the Federation ship. The Galaxies crew are to quick with the phasers though and blow up four of the incoming torpedoes leaving only 2 left to hit the mark flaring the front shields.

Finally Captain Sunny fires back unleashing his two forward torpedo tubes at Captain Bob ripping away at his front defences, but much like his own ship, the Dominion Battleship can take a beating and the front shields still hold.

Damage report:

Dominion Battleship DE Grill, Captain Bob: Forward shields are down to 214,750TJ

Galaxy Class USS Blender, Captain Sunny: Forward shields down to 500,00TJ, aft shields down to 600,000TJ

Scimitar Class, RSE Tenderiser, Captain Mark: Splat