Get out your balls!

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Get out your balls!

Post by Teaos »

Given that everyone seems to have a lot more spee dnow and able to assembel fleets faster does anyone else think that the 48 ships the Klingons lost might actually be pretty cripling?

Thats on the same scale as Wolf 359 which was a hundred years latter when fleets were supposedly larger and that was a big loss.

Thus this loss of 48 ships would be a very substantial portion of the fleet lost with possibly all hands as well.

This could be the plot point of the next movie, something along the lines of TUC, although hopefully a different take on it.

Or maybe someone else taking advantage of the Klingons weakened state.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Like the Tholians. :mrgreen:
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

What I would ideally like would be the Tholians or Gorn attacking the Klingon empire because of its weakened state, and the Fed's do their usual stereotyping thing of trying to help them because they want friends. It backfires, and t'daaa! battle with the klingons and tholians. a big threeway slug.
Kevsha
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kevsha »

Damn, and i got all excited when i read the title to this thread..... i guess i'll just pull my pants up now.... the guy in the cubicle next to me at work was looking at me kinda funny anyway........

.....But iu think that it would be cool to see the klingons fall back from being a major power given the fact that thier fleet had been crippled, falling to the romulans, tholians, or gorn. klingons have been overplayed and to be honest star trek VI was the only instance where i think they were done correctly. ENT prtrayed them as warmongering bumbling fools running around in cavemen clothing that have by some means mastered intersteller travel.
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

I also say Gorn, done rightly they'd be great.

GrahamKennedy wrote:But let's not make them moooooove reeeeeealy sloooooooooowly this time.
Why not? Differnt folks different metabolism. From their point of view humans are probably hyperactive little monkeys, I am cool with that :wink:
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.