The Fleet

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

The Fleet

Post by Tyyr »

We catch a small bit of the other ships that make up the fleet at the time of the movie. Some rather interesting looking ships as I recall. There was at least one ship with twin secondary hulls and nacelles that were supported by a roll bar structure. Anyone recall any others? Have images of them?
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: The Fleet

Post by Lt. Staplic »

we'll have to wait for the movie to come out on video first, so GK or Ian can get a screen shot of them.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

You mean the Brothers Grimm didn't sneek a spy camera into the movie to take pictures!?!? :)
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I don't think so...but I've been wrong before.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm almost certain I saw a Miranda at one point, though it may have just been a similar-looking ship.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Rochey wrote:I'm almost certain I saw a Miranda at one point, though it may have just been a similar-looking ship.
I recall quite clearly that there was a ship that looked like a 4 nacelled Miranda.
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

LaughingCheese wrote:I recall quite clearly that there was a ship that looked like a 4 nacelled Miranda.
Could have been 2 nacelles and 2 secondary hulls though - on the Kelvin, for example, the nacelle and the secondary hull are of quite similar size and shape.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

There was a two secondary hull, two nacelle ship that could have been mistaken for a Miranda at a glance. These ships have me interested because most of them seemed to not follow the big E's design pattern.
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Talking about fleets was it mentioned somewhere why the bulk of the federation fleet was assambled at one other place?

Now maybe it was not the whole fleet but rather the nearest accumulation of ships in range which were still to far out to respond to a distress signal from Vulcan but to be honest I had the impression that the fleet was assambled for a specific reason which seems kinda odd during peacetime...or are they at war with the klingons or someone in this timeline?
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

They were in one system, which doesn't seem right for a war. My impression was that it was a disaster response. One of the things that intrigued me about this movie is that Starfleet's humanitarian aide role seemed to be played up a good deal more than it previously has been.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

GK, where would you and Ian seek info about the unnamed ship with the twin secondary hulls that was mentioned. I'm DAMN curious about that one.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I don't have any sources of information whatsoever that other people don't have. I know ships only from the episodes, reference books, etc.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

I'll be catching a matinee this week, perhaps twice. I'll pay specific attention to it. I recall the double nacelle/double hull, but nothing else out of the ordinary.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

I've heard that the Star Trek DAC game (available for $10 on Xbox Live) contains additional Starfleet ship classes, which (I imagine) you could cross check with the movie for canonicity.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »