Crossover: The Reality Bomb

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Crossover: The Reality Bomb

Post by Mikey »

"Acknowledged, commissar." Ashok closed the link to his vox-bead. Jack Bauer, what is your status? he directed his thoughts.

Ashok's vox-bead crackled with interference. The infiltration team must have been fairly deep within the pyramid by now. "We have the ZPM. We have to locate the minerals, and we're about to meet some resistance trying to exit," came Bauer's frustrated reply.

"Perhaps I can help," answered Ashok. "Prepare yourself - I am about to send some information into your mind. Do not ask how I came about it." Ashok focused on the Jaffa's stolen memories until he recalled details about the interior of the pyramidal structure, then implanted those images in Jack's mind.

"That was... I mean, whoa," Bauer said unsteadily. "OK, we're close, I think."

"We have... 12 minutes to remove ourselves, Jack Bauer. This entire site is going to be glass after that time." To Cain, Ashok voxed, "Are you ready to teleport the infiltration team and the materials?"

There was a pause as Cain consulted the Starfleet engineer. "No," was his frank reply. "It appears that there's too much interference for the ship to get something called a 'sensor lock.' It seems that the floundering ship is ionizing the atmosphere."

"You need to be able to detect their signatures in order to teleport?"

"That seems to be the case."

Ashok considered for a moment. "I believe I can assist with that. I am an epistolary of the Adeptus Astartes - if I can communicate across entire sectors of the galaxy, I think I'm capable of transmitting a location engram into orbit."

The rest of the group was listening to the conversation. Optimus asked, "Can you do that from aboard the ship?"

Ashok seemed to sag. "I don't think so," was the plain answer. "There are no powerful psykers among the infiltration team - I'll need to remain close to obtain a useful image." Ashok stood upright again, and appeared to have come to a decision. "The rest of you, get back aboard. I will remain here until the infiltration team is succesfully returned to the ship."

There were various protests from the assault team. Phebes said, "You don't command us, brother. And some of us are not accustomed to running simply because there is danger."

"I know, brother-apothecary." Ashok's voice was quiet. "But you cannot do what I propose to; and to face danger for no reason is not courage - it is foolishness. Rather, go and continue to perform the Emperor's work." Ignoring the pleas and protests of the team, Ashok seemed to consider the matter closed as he spoke once again into his vox. "Jack Bauer, you must notify me immediately once you have located the materials."

"Understood."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Huron-Fel looked down at the Kull who the eldar had knocked off his back. With a child like poke, Huron crushed the Kull's chest with one of the fingers of his power claws. "Hmmm... if these are the enemies best, we shouldn't have much trouble in claiming this galaxy once our duties are over." Huron-Fel looked over to the mine and laughed. "Nasty things... like bugs really. Time to clean them out a little." Huron's flamer arm raised and a hundred meter long liquid fire raced down into the mine. Huron-Fel spared no fuel in his action. Twenty seconds would pass before he released the trigger. "Warning, I have removed the air from the mine. It wont be able to refill until the flames go out." Huron-Fel walked up to the entry point of the mine. "Eldar! Come! I cannot fit inside of the cave. Go collect the items which we need!"
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Zanitav tapped his comm badge, "Praelet Zanitav to Commissar Cain." After a brief pause Cain responded. "All Protoss power armor is equipped with a site-to-site transport designed to bring them out of battle at the moment where a glorious death is expected so that they may better serve Aiur as a Dragoon. It may be manually activated, though this is frowned upon as taboo and dishonorable."

"If you can transport up that still doesn't help the rest of your team, Zanitav."

"This is true, however I can equip it onto the Dreadnought here and with a little modification I can cause him to teleport up onto the Kirk. However, I had reprogramed myself to land in sick bay... and he does not fit in Sickbay. This could cause some structural damage to both he and the ship. But under the circumstances..."

"Where in sickbay will he arrive at?"

"Bed 14. I programed it a few decimeters off the bed in case it was inhabited I wouldn't beam inside a crew mate. However... you may want to double check to make sure that area of sickbay is evacuated. I will begin modification of the device. The rest of us can try to use one of the vessels here to escape."

"Good thinking." Cain said. "Commissar Cain to the teams, we're going to use a Protoss medical evacuation transport to get Heron-Fel out. Its risky and Heron-Fel you might sustain substantial structural damage. The rest of the teams you must find a transport and escape." Cain looked at one of the bridge officers who silently held up ten fingers. "You have ten minutes."
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"What's the plan, sir?" Asked Thompson. With McCarthy and Frehy in sickbay, many officers dead and the majority of the surviving officers hanging around on the other half of the ship, Cain had quickly appointed the young tactical officer his new XO for the immediate future.

"One of the xenos has a method of site-to-site teleportation available to him. He's going to use it on the Dreadnought and get it back up here, while the rest of the assault team steals a shuttle of some sort." Cain explained, leaning back against one of the charred walls of the bridge. "You'll need to send a warning down to Sickbay that they should try and clear everything around bed 14. That's where he'll be arriving."

"Sickbay's getting quite full, sir." Jurgen commented, arriving back on the bridge with Hernandez in tow. Cain had sent his aide to help the maimed Frehy down to the medical staff, while the Starfleet officer had been assisting in repair work somewhere aft.

"Is there a secondary sickbay somewhere?" The Commissar asked, looking at the Starfleet crewmen.

"Over on the Engineering hull, yes." Hernandez replied, limping over to his station.

That's a dedicated officer. Cain thought. He'd tried ordering Hernandez to go down to Sickbay to get his leg looked at, but the crewman had refused, insisting that he stay on duty to help get the ship working again. That had turned out to be an incredible bit of foresight. In the five minutes since the battle had ended, Hernandez had been sent rushing around the wrecked bridge as fast as he could by some new crisis elsewhere on the ship about half a dozen times now. Mostly the problems were due to new sections of the ship decompressing or beginning to lose power.

"Right." Cain said, nodding. "The ship's still in once piece, I take it?" He asked, waving a hand vaguely around them.

"Mostly." Hernandez replied. "There're still fires on decks E and F, but those elsewhere have been either extinguished or brought under control. The integrity of the remaining hull sections seem to be mostly fine. The power fluctuations have stopped. And we've regained helm control."

"I'd noticed." Cain nodded, gesturing out the gaping hole in the bridge, where the planet had stopped spinning around. They'd tried to raise the saucer's backup bridge to tell them to take control, but it transpired that a lucky hit had torn the room apart. The ship was currently being piloted from a small auxilliary station near the engines. It had taken them a while to actualy get anyone down there to fly the ship. The original occupants of that station had been turned into a fine paste decorating the wall and ceiling when the inertial dampners temporarily failed in that section. Unfortunately, the room was only good for flying the ship. Everything else still relied on the bridge for operation, which was the only reason Cain was still standing in the wrecked control centre.

"How is Commander McCarthy? And Frehy?" Cain asked, looking over at Jurgen.

"They'll live." His aide grunted. "Though the doctors say Frehy isn't going to be seeing any more."

"Any word on crew casualties?"

"Sort of." Thompson answered. "We don't have any specific numbers yet. There are a lot of people still missing, who could be either dead, in Sickbay, floating around in space or simply working somewhere else on the ship. But current reports indicate that they'll be heavy." Cain nodded grimly in understanding.

"Tell them to convert one of the cargo bays if they need the space." He ordered. "And hail whoever's in charge of the other half of the ship. Tell them to get back here ASAP and get their Sickbay ready to recieve wounded."

"Yes sir." Thompson nodded, and began tapping at his console.

Cain sighed and looked over at one of the wall displays, showing the trajectory of the falling Ha'tak. Just 8 minutes left...
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

As the Jaffa forces fell back, then crumbled, under the dreadnought's main charge and the advance of the rest of the assault team, Arawden begin to climb down from his hilltop blind - his head reeling slightly from the psychic backwash of the Space Marine librarian's frenzy. He was almost at the road, picking his way through random corpses, when he heard Huron-Fel's vox. "Eldar! Come! I cannot fit inside of the cave. Go collect the items which we need!"

"Understood, dead one. I am almost at your position." Catching up to the rest of the assault team, now gathered around the morose librarian a short way off from the minehead, Arawden saw the dreadnought near the entrance of the mine and flames of unspent promethium still burning in pools inside. He made to enter and noticed the Maximal known as Rhinox move to follow. Amazingly, as the beast/machine walked, various parts of its chassis began to move and reverse themselves and the figure bent into a crouch. Almost instantaneously, the humanoid machine had became a massive quadruped. The ranger cocked his head in wonder, then shrugged and entered the cave.

After just a few steps inside, Arawden hissed as the residual heat from the guttering flames was absorbed and dispersed by his thermoplastic armor. He was forced to sidestep a number of half-incinerated bodies, and then told the following Rhinox-animal, "We will find nothing by fumbling blindly. One moment." He unslung his rifle from his back and beginning adjusting a control on one of the scanner scopes mounted on it. "There. If this... naquadah in fact amplifies energy, this will detect the signature of any large amounts based on the reflection of the ambient heat from the dead one's flamer." As he peered into the scanner, a seemingly-dead Jaffa stretched his arm out to clutch at Arawden's ankle.

"Pl- please..." stuttered the burnt and broken man, "let- let me die..."

Arawden cocked his head at an odd angle, studying the maimed Jaffa with dispassionate curiosity for a moment. With his free left hand, he silently unholstered his shuriken pistol and launced a salvo of three buzzing discs into the man's forehead. The Jaffa immediately relaxed his grip on the Eldar's ankle and went limp. "That was merciful," Rhinox commented.

"Merciful? No." Arawden made a lilting noise which might have been laughter. "It had a grip on my ankle, and was impeding my progress. Its state of life, death, or pain doesn't interest me." Without looking back, Arawden pressed forward.

A few minutes later, the Eldar emerged from the mouth of the mine, indistinguishable from the heat haze until he was outside in the sunlight - sunlight now broken by the haze and shadow of the plummeting Ha'tak, still barely detectable in the upper atmosphere. He was followed soon after by the beast-form of Rhinox, now encumbered by six barrels strapped to his flanks by makeshift ropes fashioned of mining accoutrements and scorched Jaffa clothing. It was hard to tell in Rhonox' beast-form, but he appeared to stare after Arawden with a bemused look. Zanitav was working on affixing some sort of device to Huron-Fel's chassis, and the rest of the team was in discussion. Some voice - Arawden wasn't sure whose - said, "Now, how do we get ourselves out, if the ship's... transporters... can't find us?"

Arawden spoke up, causing the team's heads to turn as one. "What about that?" he said, pointing to a strangely intact vessel of alien build, sitting casually in a clearing a few meters from the minehead.
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

"As you wish Brother-Librarian, may the Emperor and the Primarch guide you back to us." Phebes turned away from his Brother Marine and regarded the vessel the Eldar had indicated. Gesturing with a hand he rumbled, "come then and let us get off this cursed rock." At that he set off toward the Xeno vessel, pausing to pick up the corpse of a Kull and a Jaffa warrior, throwing them over his shoulder.

Seeing the Master Chief regard him strangely, Phebes merely shrugged and replied "we should not pass up an opportunity to learn more of these things. A pity we'll have to leave their slaves here to die." With a sigh he entered the vessel, the door opening conveniently for him on it's own. Though he bashed his helmet on the top, being somewhat taller then the average xeno slave.

Tossing the bodies in a corner, he regarded the controls. "Now who among us can fly this...thing?"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Primal grabbed Xan's arm before the cyborg followed the rest to the Goa'uld vessel. "Xan, can you withstand vacuum?"

"Yeah, why?"

"They need room for everyone else. I can get us up to the Kirk with no problem," he said, holding out his arms.

Xan's head bobbed slightly before he climbed onto Primal's arms. "This is crazy!"

Primal shrugged. "Sometimes, crazy works," he said before a mask slid over his mouth plates. "Prime jets, on," he said. "Maximum burn!" His back-mounted jets fired, sending the tqo up, up, up...

The sky darkened, changing from blue to violet, and then black. Primal dodged and weaved past Ha'tak debris, finally sighting the two sections of the James Kirk[/i].

Xan's voice came over his comlink. "Almost game over."

Primal's optics went over the holes in the hull... and then drifted to the wreckage still in orbit. "Maybe, maybe not," he said, flying to the saucer section. "Cain, this is Primal. I'm coming aboard with Xan."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

The Jaffa raised his staff with the slow reflexes of a feeb, and Roland placed a bullet in the man's eye as easily as the others. Some of the helmeted ones had been a problem, until Roland figured to aim for the joints, or unarmored hands. Jack and the others remembered the faces of their fathers; they were the greatest warriors he'd ever seen, and this army of Jaffa was no match for their skill.

Jack checked the corner, and made the sign of safety. Roland ran forward, sweeping his aim around the room as he entered. A large container marked with alien symbols rested in a small circle on the floor.

"Jack!" Roland gestured at the container, " Is that what we're after?"

Jack waved the wizard who could create ice forward; he nodded, and the disappearing beast hefted the case as they headed into the next hallway. Roland brought up the rear; he was still thorough and careful, but he had a feeling they had killed most of the Jaffa in the facility. He knew they were in trouble; one of the enemy sky-cities was falling directly at them, but he couldn't guess how they were going to be able to get away in time without the displacing device working.

Soon, they were back in a section of the pyramid Roland remembered. He knew they were close to the entry point, but he figured they only had perhaps seven minutes left before the sky-city crashed. Jack crouched, and cautiously leaned around the last corner.

A barrage of yellow-colored energy bolts blew past Jack, sparking against the opposite wall as he ducked back; he leapt from his crouch, and began sprinting back toward the group.

" FALL BACK!" he shouted, as the small unit retreated to the cover of the previous hallway. A black-armored figure strode around the corner after him, arm outstretched. Roland remembered the briefing; the Kull warriors were nigh-invincible to normal weapons, and were ruthless adversaries. The Kull wrist-weapon spat a dozen bolts at Jack as he dove around the corner, leaving Roland and Dothude alone in the hallway.

The beast Dothude tossed the case of minerals at the Kull, knocking it off-balance as Roland aimed and fired a pair of shots at its helmet. Both glanced off, ricocheting down the hall as Roland aimed, and blasted ten more shots at the Kull's weak points. All bounced into the walls, and Roland reached for his belt to reload. The warrior paused, then released a stream of the yellow bolts at Roland's head.

As Roland leaped, and rolled behind a symbol-covered pillar, a shower of sparks erupted behind him as the energy bolts slammed into the wall and floor. The wizard, Ice-Man, jumped from behind another pillar, and raised his hands again. The Kull's armor frosted over, but it still moved, continuing its attack.

Roland's hands blurred as he emptied his cylinders, and reloaded them in an instant. He strafed into the hallway, firing at the Kull's helmet in a fierce, rapid barrage. The bullets bounced harmlessly off of the creature's armor as it burst free of the thin coating of frost. It raised it's arm toward Roland again.

Dothude roared as he grabbed the Kull from behind, becoming visible as he struck. The Kull weapon fired into the ceiling; chunks of gilded metal rained onto the rest of the team as Dothude slammed the Kull into the nearby wall. He grabbed the Kull's wrist as it aimed for his head, and slowly forced it toward the floor. The Kull struggled briefly; Dothude elbowed it in the head, then drew his disc-weapon and sliced through it's neck. The weapon made a whining sound as the blade slowed rending through the armor, then spun off of the wall as it passed straight through.

The Kull's body slumped to the floor as its head separated, and Dothude holstered his weapon. "Exit is clear," the beast growled, before securing the Kull warrior's severed head and helmet to his belt. He bent, and hefted the container of minerals over his shoulder again.

"Thank you," Jack said to the beast as he passed, " You really are a great warrior."

Roland followed the group, bracketing Dietrich's position, as they hurried toward the exit. A trio of Jaffa ran headlong around the other corner, and Dietrich's weapon covered them with fire. Their screams followed the group as they emerged from the pyramid into a landscape dotted with fallen Jaffa and massive smoking craters. The sun also seems to be setting, Roland thought, then craned his head upward. The shape of the falling sky-city was visible overhead; it looked a bit like the pyramid they'd just escaped.

Jack tapped the talking device on his chest, " Ashok, we could use some help here! We've got the ZPM and the naq- naqwa- We've got the mineral... We need extraction immediately."

The group looked skyward at the looming shadowed form of the falling Hatak, and Jack drew in a breath, " Any ideas for getting out of this?"
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Ashok watched as the rest of the assault team gathered around the vessel which the Eldar had found and was just beginning to think that Bauer should be checking in soon when his vox-bead relayed the man's voice. "Ashok, we could use some help here! We've got the ZPM and the naq- naqwa- We've got the mineral... We need extraction immediately. Any ideas for getting out of this?"

"I believe I do, Jack Bauer," Ashok replied as he jogged along the side of the pyramid towards the team's exit point. "I need you to visualize your location, explicitly. Concetrate on that, and nothing else. Have your entire team do the same." The librarian's gait slowed as he focused his will on sending a locator signal to the James T. Kirk.

After a pause Jack answered, "Uh, OK. Concentrating like you asked, but-" His sentence was interrupted by the bulky Space marine rounding a buttress of the pyramid and limping slightly toward the gathered team. Upon reaching them, Ashok simply collapsed. As he rolled onto his back and Bauer bent to speak with him, Jack could see the librarian's teeth still clenched and his face lined with effort.

Sitting up gingerly, Ashok said to the group, "I am sorry. I am a human, librarian or no, and I am not outfitted for communicating with the ship's cogitators. Between the barrier of communicating with an inanimate machine, and the attempt to project information from the minds of a group of non-psykers, my efforts are baffled. I cannot..." Ashok searched for the word that the Starfleet people had used, "transport us."

"Bah!" came a gruff growl from behind the assembled infiltration team. Easily peering over the heads of the team, Ashok saw the Yautja leaning against a barrel of refined ore. The xeno was busily punching buttons on some sort of control box mounted on the left forearm of its armor. "I can activate my ship - but it can't home in on our position because of the same interference that's blocking those... transporters."

"Mmm." Ashok pondered a moment and asked, "Can it zero in on a particular signature, as long as it's energetic enough?"

"Yes... and as long as it's different enough from the background. You have an idea, jumpy one?"

"I do. And if we count not shooting you in the face before, this will be twice that I've saved your life. Get a reading on what I'm about to do, and have your ship close on it." Ashok began to straighten his posture and hold his arms out stiffly, then stopped. "We've got about five and a half minutes." Ashok started to resume his cruciform pose, then stopped again. "Make sure the Kirk's launch bay is aware of your ship's imminent departure." Finally, Ashok acheived his stance while Dothude tersely radioed the Kirk to obtain departure clearance for his vessel.

As the infiltration team stared, Ashok stood with his arms outstretched, force staff still clutched in his right hand. His face - upturned but unseeing - began to take on an ashen cast, and beads of sweat formed on his brow and condensened on his golden service studs. After a few seconds, though it seemed an eternity, dazzling blue-white bolts of terrific intensity exploded from the Angel Sanguine's eyes and open mouth and merged to form a coruscating pillar stretching into the sky. The landscape was cast into stark bluish white and sharp black shadows, and the team stared agape at the prodigy... and at the obvious toll it was taking on the Space Marine.

Still off to one side, Dothude again tapped buttons on his arm-mounted control box and said, "Meh... that'll do."
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"What's your status, Zanitav?" Cain asked over the comm.

"I have almost finished modifications." Zanitav responded as he hastily worked to finish setting the device to teleport an object, much larger than it ever was programed to teleport into an area much too small. He had already set the parameters for Heron-Fel... within a few centimeters. He wasn't going to spend time perfectly calibrating the device. If Heron-Fel received a shave on the top then that would have to do.

Overhead the Jaffa craft followed by the Predator ship took off hovering over the two as Zanitav worked. "Zanitav this is Bauer. we have two minutes before it hits. You need to evac now." Bauer radioed in.

"Leave without me then Terran. I give my life proudly for Aiur. Heron-Fel will aid you more than I." Zanitav looked up at the Dreadnought. "Perhaps respect for other races will follow the echoes of my death?" He asked.

"Damnit we're not leaving a man behind." Bauer yelled back.

Cain interrupted, "The xeno is doing what he believes is best. Any in the Imperium of Man would do the same. Good luck Zanitav."

"Thank you Commissar." The Protoss' somber reply came. Overhead the two vessels took off into the sky. The air above reddening as the incoming fire ball of the ship scorched the heavens.

The seconds ticked by but finally Zanitav over ruled the safety protocols. Taking a step back he eyed the large Dreadnought surrounded by the dead Jaffa and Kull. "En Taro Adun, Heron-Fel."Zanitav bent his left arm so that his right could type in a command onto the wrist computer. A blue circle enveloped Heron-Fel transferring his mass to the ship.

Onboard the Kirk the sick bay had been cleared out. A bright light poured out of the air above sick bed 14. "Please state the nature of the medical emergency." The emergency medical program said as he appeared having been deactivated during the evacuation. A massive form cascaded out of the tiny vortex. The bed instantly flattened against the grav plating which in turn buckled and broke. Computers behind it burst and shattered. The low ceiling bent into a vault then gave way knocking the holo transceivers off line. Lights shattered and consoles shot forth a torrent of destructive power only available on the Galaxy class starships. Power relay conduits erupted sending sparks and fire into the room as the massive form of the Dreadnought appeared. Its hardened battle armor distorted to fit into the small space breaking key programs and causing severe damage but the ship fared far worse as half of sickbay was destroyed by Heron-Fel's arrival.

On the planet below the massive fire ball neared the site of the temple complex. Zanitav activated his power shields as he looked into the heavens. The heat caused his shield to glow luminescent. Bodies around him began to catch fire as the temperature of the air increased. Finally the massive Ha'tak struck ground behind the Pyramid. A shockwave errupted outwards blasting away the casing stone on the pyramid sending chunks of the marble flying off like bullets.

Zanitav tucked himself down towards the blast as it flew past him. His shield withstood the force for a fraction of a second before a larger shockwave which obliterated the Pyramid came afterwards. "For Adun!" The Praelet called out before his body was vaporized by the intense heat and force of the explosion.

From orbit a massive bubble of an explosion could be seen enveloping the area of the world. Molten rock was ejected skywards in an arc that caused wide spread destruction for many kilometers. Wild fires spread throughout the forests on the continent as burning ash destroyed the vegetation in a hellific apocalypse.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Primal boarded the Kirk's saucer section through a small docking port. He let Xan down and raced along the corridors, passing crew members as they repaired the damage. Within minutes, he emerged on the bridge. Zanitav's voice came over the comm. "Thank you, Commisar," he said before the line went dead.

Primal balled up a fist and slammed it into the palm of his hand. "Slag it, Zanjitav!" he bellowed. The ship shook as Huron-Fel's form arrived. He turned to Cain. "Is there any chance of beaming him out?"

Cain shook his head. "Do not grieve, Primal. It is the death of a warrior."

Primal's optics narrowed. "Don't, Cain. Back where I come from, I've had it up to my actuators with 'glorious deaths'. I will mourn his passing."

Cain sighed. "As you will, machine." He looked around. "We do have more pressing matters to attend to."

Primal nodded. "Agreed." He motioned to the hole in the bridge and out beyond the force field. "We've got some EVA work to do on the James Kirk. And we've got some wrecks to strip down for salvage."
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Engineering was a mess. Ruptured computer panels, plasma leaks, even the grav plating was off in some areas. "I want that section sealed off!" The chief of engineering yelled from near the base of the Warp core to a console on the next deck up.

"But sir, we've got 34 people trapped inside."

"We can't beam them out with the radiation and they're probably already dead." He turned back to his own control console. "Sir I think it's safe to say our warp capabilities are destroyed. Without our port nacelle we cannot go past warp 6. And even that might cause areas to buckle. We're concentrating our efforts right now into making sure Q's drive is operational. But I tell you Commissar even that I can't guarantee. We don't know enough about the effects that interdimensional drive will have on our damaged hull."

"What do you project will happen based on our previous use of it?"

"Well sir, I would say we would probably lose three or four decks and a lot of armor plating which had been damaged during the battle. What we really need is a new ship. Don't suppose any of those Ha'taks are laying around?"

Cain replied humorlessly that there weren't and closed the comlink. Zanitav's sacrifice was noble but he wasn't sure where that got the crew. The Dreadnought was firmly wedged in sickbay and had knocked off the EMH as the Federation here called it. Zanitav was also one of the team that Cain and Primus could count on. The two latter seemingly to have taken control of the group.

As Cain mulled over his thoughts on what remained of the bridge a bright flash erupted and Q appeared. The creature looked around the room, "I'm not sure I like the Imperium's decorative styles more than the Federation's. But I do like the view you added." He said as he turned around to the huge gaping hole in the bridge that only the force field protected.

"Battle damage Q. Your intelligence was wrong." Can replied. Primal meanwhile arrived via the turbo lift.

"You cost good people their lives." Optimus Primal said angrily.

"You both knew that people would die when you accepted this mission. But fear not I have brought a replacement... once his wounds are stabilized." Q replied and snapped his fingers...

Where Joshua is taken from

A shirtless man dressed with pants and a red banana appears in a flash. He has two large scars in his chest and his breathing is ragged. Next to him a series of weapons appeared in a relatively organized pile.
A claw that hooked onto his hand.

A tek bow with a quiver of explosive tip arrows.

A plasma rifle that shot high powered green pulses.

A Cerebral Bore. Its function was kind of hard to tell without knowing the name so it would just look like a normal weapon.

A nearby medic on the bridge rushed to him and pulled our her medical tricorder. "Sir if we don't get him to sickbay soon he's not going to make it."

"Well don't just kneel there get him over there." Q replied and snapped his fingers sending the medic and the wounded Turok to sickbay. "His name is Joshua Fireseed. The second best Turok. Tal'set had a busy schedule." Q shrugged.

"Your powers are great, is there a way you can repair our ship?" Cain asked as he looked over the being that looked human but could pull people from other dimensions.

"Sorry Commissar I can't. My powers are fading. My home universe is falling apart. So try not to die its so hard to bring in reinforcements for you. But I will say this. Since my long range scanners are working there is a ship nearby once you get your sensors on you should check it out. Maybe move to that one? Asgard ships are supposed to be well made. Its four light years 30 degrees starboard by three point seven degrees."

One of the starfleet officers on deck asked in shock, "You expect us to abandon the Kirk?"

Q smirked, "Well it does have the panoramic view port. But yes. And I have a little change in plans for you. My powers are weakening much quicker than I had thought possible. So I need you all to travel to a universe, this one has a name, called Xen. There you will find a way to reach who is commonly known as the G-man. He should be able to fix the transdimentional drive so it doesn't warn half the Galaxy you land in of your arrival. And he might know a way to cross the barrier between universes easier. Get control of the Asgard vessel and I'll fill you in more with what to expect. The G-man isn't very likable but he's our best shot."

Q snapped his fingers and once again disappeared.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Ashok awoke on the floor of the Yautja shuttle. Stacked and secured next to the bulkhead by his head were the ZPM and a barrel of the refined mineral they had retrieved; the ship was otherwise empty save for Jack Bauer, leaning against a bulkhead and staring vacantly. The last thing Ashok remembered after emitting the psychic beacon was collapsing as Dothude's ship had homed in on the torrent of psychic energy, and being assisted aboard by Iceman - who had coated himself in a sheet of ice to help bear the weight of the armored Marine - and Dothude himself, who was far stronger than the normal humans and who had muttered something about "that's one paid back."

Bauer stood and looked down as Ashok stirred. The librarian waved off Jack's helping hand and climbed unsteadily to his feet. "Back among the living?" Bauer asked, attempting to sound casual.

"Something has gone amiss," Ashok said flatly. It was a statement, rather than a question.

Bauer studied Ashok's pale, drawn face for a moment and began, "One of the assault team-"

Closing his eyes, Ashok said, "The Protoss. I can feel his absence."

"He gave himself to save the... dreadnought," Jack answered, pausing briefly to recall the term they'd used for Huron-Fel.

"Indeed," the Angel Sanguine replied, somewhat surprised. "A noble act for a xenos breed. A succesful mission other than that, though. What is our status?"

"From what I can make out," Jack answered with an unsure look on his face, "if we take all the working pieces of this ship and combine them together, we'd have enough for a rowboat. There is supposedly a functional ship nearby that would work for us." The two went out into the shuttlebay where Jack walked them over to a display screen that showed their target.

"That looks a bit more like a proper ship," Ashok said absently, "even though I don't see any sort of chapel."

"Whatever it is, I guess the idea is that it works and ours doesn't. I think we're supposed to take it."

"A boarding action," Ashok mused. "A specialty of the Astartes... and I'm weakened already..." Letting his thought trail off, Ashok turned on his heel and began to head out of the bay.

"What are you going to do?" Bauer asked.

"Space Marines don't require sleep as you know it, but we do have ways of regenerating ourselves. While the wound I received began healing itself immediately - those idiotic weapons the Jaffa used actually cauterized their own wounds in any event - I have depleted myself in our extraction attempt. I will, for the next six hours, be in a coma. Please tell Brother-Apothecary Phebes to attend me at that time."
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

The James Kirk dropped out of warp, shuddering violently as the warp drive and damaged hull tried not tearing itself apart. The Asgard warship hung in deep space, its dark-blue hull almost blending in with the void of space.

A tiny figure shot from the Kirk, traveling across to the ship. Optimus Primal flew to the seemingly-abandoned ship, weapons stored but ready at a moment's notice. "This is crazy," Rhinox's voice echoed in his com system.

"Sometimes, crazy works," he responded. He flew along the hull. "No life signs?"

"None," came the voice of one of the Kirk's crewmembers. "Power levels are low, and no sign of damage. There are several airlocks along the hull... you're approaching one now."

Cain's voice came over. "Primal, why are you risking yourself in this manner? A full team could've been made ready!"

"And risk their lives too?" Primal shot back. "No. Zanitav is the last. If someone dies here, it'll be me." He approached the airlock, which opened as he flew up to it. He stepped in, gravity seizing him. The outer hatch closed behind him and atmosphere was pumped in. A minute later, the inner hatch opened and he stepped inside. "Hello?" he shouted, scanners on maximum.

There was a flicker of light, and a tiny being appeared. He-she-it? barely came up to Primal's knee joint. It had grayish skin and large, inquisitive eyes. It looked up at Primal and held up a spindly limb. "Greetings from the Asgard, Optimus Primal. I am Supreme Commander Thor."

Primal knelt down, still towering over him. "You know me?"

"Yes. "We scanned your ship's computer banks as you approached. Welcome to the O'Neill."

Primal looked down the corridor. "Impressive ship you've got here, Thor."

"It is yours."

Primal's optics brightened. "What?"

Thor's mouth quivered in an almost-smile. "We are aware of the reality bomb detonated, and of the need for the assembly of certain components. We are assembling a team of our own to aid you, but we also know you are the more capable group. Therefore, we give you the O'Neill, our most advanced ship."

Primal smiled and bowed his head. "Thank you, Thor." He stood up and tapped the side of his head. "Kirk, this is Primal. The ship's ours. Get ready for an evacuation. Engineering teams first, followed by command crew. Everyone's coming aboard."

"What about the James Kirk[/i] one of the Starfleet officers asked.

Primal shrugged. "We'll have to scuttle her. Leaving behind the ship wouldn't be a smart idea. If the Gou'ald gained control of her systems..."

"Understood, sir."
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"-two... three- wait we got pulse." Someone was saying as his mind came back from the abyss. A musical tone of beeps followed as Joshua cracked his eyes open. A loud ringing was in his ears that seemed to distort the voices of the people around him. A pretty woman was holding a strange rectangle-like device as it scanned him. A cylinder in her other hand. "We've halted the internal bleeding. Whatever this plasma was it it did a good job of trying to kill the man." She smiled at Joshua, "Hello there." The other Doctor, one with absurdly pointy ears nodded and walked off.

"Oblivion, its coming." He grunts trying to raise but only moving off the bed by a few inches.

"A powerful being brought you here moments from your death. We need your help." She told him giving him a reassuring pat on his other shoulder.

"Adon?" He asked looking around.

She frowned, "I'm sorry I don't know that term. Q brought you here if that's what you're asking. Someone very evil is trying to destroy reality. We've all been brought here to prevent that." She smiles, "I'm Doctor Turner, what's your name."

"Joshua, Joshua Fireseed." He groans his voice still raspy from the plasma blasts to his body.

"Okay Josh, we're abandoning ship. Going to go to a nearby ship called the O'Neil before more Ha'taks arrive." Joshua looked around the room. Or seemingly half a room. The other half was made up of a giant machine firmly embedded into the hull of the vessel. "That Josh, is Heron-Fel. He was teleported here and is wedged pretty firmly. Engineering says the O'Neil can beam him out so don't worry you'll be seeing plenty of him.

"My brother and sister? Did they escape?" Turok asked once again trying to rise to a sitting position but the Doctor placed a hand on his chest to prevent him.

"I'm sorry... Q just brought you. I assume they are continuing to stop whatever tried to kill you."

"Have to save them, if the family dies out Oblivion will come." Joshua replies and tries to roll over to escape by crawling off the bed but the Doctor firmly grabs his arm and lays him flat.

"Oblivion won't matter if your atoms fall apart. That's what we're here for. You can save your brother and sister by helping us." Her voice began to rise, "You know how many men and women we've lost already? Do you know how many friends? And we've only retrieved one component of the device to shut down the Reality Bomb."

Joshua sighs, "Alright I'll cooperate."

The doctor mutters. A strand of her blond hair fell in front of her face as she huffs a little then mutters, "Good or I'll start treating you with enemas." She then turns to walk off.

The Kirk had pulled alongside the O'Neil for shuttle access. Once the O'Neil's transporter units were operational things began to move much faster. The effortless way the Asgarde ship grabbed things in a bright light was faster and easier than starfleet. Almost as if it didn't need to get a lock onto anything.

Moving the transdimensional drive proved much more difficult but engineering was able to adapt the Asgarde ship to it. "Appears if the ZPM and Naqahdah we retrieved weren't enough we could cannibalize this core. They use a Naquadria reactor." The chief engineer said grinning at the schematics of the what amounted to basically the warp core.

Joshua and many other wounded from the ten forward triage and the alternate sickbay in the engineering section were beamed to an Asgarde one. Sensors quickly scanned the bodies of the injured and came up with diagnosis that made Doctor Turner feel unneeded.

Cain walked up to the human interface the Asgarde had built into the ship as the chief engineer radioed in that the transdimensional drive was fully operational. "Good take us to our next target soon as we have all personel and equipment on board."

-Remain Star Trek-