Crossover OOC Discussion

RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Crossover OOC Discussion

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Do replicators have energy-absorbtion limits? I can't recall.

Also... might as well spill about my idea concerning SW and the Maw. Any chance Daala and Janeway could be quantum clones of one another? :takecover: :mrgreen:
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Do replicators have energy-absorbtion limits? I can't recall.
Yes, their ships could be damaged by Asgard beam weapons. Nothing is known if any hand carried weapon can over power them.
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Also... might as well spill about my idea concerning SW and the Maw. Any chance Daala and Janeway could be quantum clones of one another?
Not a chance. They sent Janeway across the galaxy to get rid of her. Daala was supposed to be a tactical master minus she lost every battle she commanded because of her own stupidity.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

That's a good point. Maybe energy weapons can harm them if powerful enough? Staff weapons aren't exactly the best weapons around.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Staff weapons are mostly useless. However, many of our crossover characters don't use energy weapons, or at least they don't rely only on energy weapons.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'd say a melta would probably work, given that it melts tanks. Jurgen's should be still up on the ship somewhere.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rochey wrote:I'd say a melta would probably work, given that it melts tanks. Jurgen's should be still up on the ship somewhere.
He beamed down remember :P
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, in disguise. Lugging a fracking great big thermal weapon around with him may blow that disguise. Hence it's still on the ship. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rochey wrote:Yeah, in disguise. Lugging a fracking great big thermal weapon around with him may blow that disguise. Hence it's still on the ship. :P
Sorry I misread to say Jurgen was still on the ship :P

-Remain Star Trek-
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Deepcrush wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Also... might as well spill about my idea concerning SW and the Maw. Any chance Daala and Janeway could be quantum clones of one another?
Not a chance. They sent Janeway across the galaxy to get rid of her. Daala was supposed to be a tactical master minus she lost every battle she commanded because of her own stupidity.
Wouldn't that be the same thing? They've both got reps as badasses, but are actually pretty damned incompetent.

I think Tarkin dumped her in the Maw just to get rid of the dingbat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hey, at least KJA was honest that it was her relationship with Tarkin that got Daala her rank.
B&B really do think Janeway earned it.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Right...I'm kinda interested in this but i know very little about the mission and stuffs. What can I be? what are we doing? what particular abilities do we get, and can I sign up if i get my head around things :mrgreen:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Basicaly, pick a character from any novel/tv series/film/whatever, and help us defeat an evil plot by the Daleks to destroy the mulit-verse.

We're currently screwing around in the Half-Life verse trying to find someone.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Reliant121 wrote:Right...I'm kinda interested in this but i know very little about the mission and stuffs. What can I be? what are we doing? what particular abilities do we get, and can I sign up if i get my head around things :mrgreen:
Hey Reliant :)

In short:

A Doctor Who villain named Davros detonated a bomb that destroys all reality.

Q doesn't like this and has assembled a team of people from various universes and put them on Admiral Janeway's flagship the James T. Kirk.

We need to gather the parts required to shut down the explosion and reverse its affects. We're kind of racing against time here.

Kirk blows up on our first mission against Stargate's Jaffa.

We switched ships to an Asgard ship, an O'Neill Class ship. Since there's not much cannon info on the ships it is allowing us to kind of make up our own. So don't feel left out if you don't know Stargate. We have about 600 Starfleet crew with us too.

We arrived over the Half-Life world set around the events of Half Life 2. But if you're not familiar with Half Life, don't sweat, the setting is on the far side of the globe from where Gordon Freeman fights.

Half Life universe recap:
Rochey wrote:To make this all a bit more accessable to those not familiar with the Half Life verse:
Earth has been conquered by an evil inter-galactic empire known as the Combine. They're often reffered to in propaganda as the Universal Union or, by their human colaborators, "Our benefactors".
Earth was conquered by the Combine in the Seven Hour War, during which Earth's military was completely wiped out and humanity was enslaved.
The city is policed by the Civil Protection, which is made up of humans who are working alongside the Combine in return for various privilages.
The military wing of the Combine is known as the Combine Overwatch. The Overwatch is made up of humans that have been mechanicaly altered to become supersoldiers. They're reffered to as the "transhuman arm" of the Overwatch. There are other non-human forces assisting them in the form of Synths.
The city itself is ruled (probably by a human puppet) from a Citadel, and is heavily patrolled and controled by Civil Protection. Barricades are set up at almost every crossroad or junction. Every building door is fitted with special locking devices that control who can enter, and such locks can explode violently to destroy the door, allowing Combine forces to rapidly storm any suspected rebel hideouts.
What the human slaves do is heavily controled, and constantly monitored by floating Scanners. Even what they eat is controlled, as the entire populace is fed purely from special ration dispensers found in public places. Civilians are often brutaly assaulted by CP or Overwatch forces for little reason. The people are constantly assaulted by an unending stream of propaganda from large holographic screens that are scattered everywhere throughout the city, and the only TV channel is that propaganda network.

Of course, as bad as all that is, the last thing you want to do is actualy leave the cities. You see, the Combine brought various alien fauna with them. Various areas are infested with Headcrabs, Bullsquids, Barnacles, Gargantuas, Houndeyes and Snarks. The seas are overrun with voracious Leeches that make going more than a few metres offshore a very unpleasant method of suicide. Additionaly, it seems that various lakes and rivers may contain Ichtyosaurs.
Sandy areas have been completely overrun by Antlions.

Naturaly, a Resistance movement has grown in each city. However, their bases are frequently raided and are sometimes infiltrated by Combine colaborators.

There is another sapient alien race that has been brought to Earth as Combine slaves known as the Vortigaunts, many of whom are working for or are sympathetic to the Resistance.

And so concludes the condensed version of the state of the world in the Half-Life verse.

Teams on the planet:
CP Team:
Cain
Jurgen
Master Chief

Civilian Team:
Turok
Bauer
Roland

Civilian Team:
Iceman
Dietrich
Kallen

Heron-Fel in the ocean

Sniping from roof tops:
Dothude
Arawden

And the people in space ran into a distress signal at the top of page 12 of the story. It introduces the Spathi (links provided on the story thread) who need help hunting Ur-Quan. Also introduces that some replicators from Stargate are onboard.

So where does this leave you to jump in? Well Q could bring you in at any time. Any character of your choosing that is not 'over powered'. Or you could be a resistance member on Half Life (Hell you could be Gordon Freeman :P), or you could be a Starfleet officer. Or you could be on the adventure to stop the bomb from exploding yourself and decide to join forces with us.

-Remain Star Trek-
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

But yeah Rochey basically summed it up :P

-Remain Star Trek-
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I kinda like the sound of something from stargate to mix things up. I love the stargate universe. If i make any mistakes however, please feel free to proverbially kick me. I'm used to it :D