Crossover OOC Discussion

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Crossover OOC Discussion

Post by Deepcrush »

I think the best thing about this RP is that since each character is coming from a different reality, they (and by that the member playing them) wouldn't know ( or have to know since its in character for them) anything about each mission. Pick a character and play as them. If you don't know whats going on then just have your character say so and it works.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, this is one RP where not having a clue may actualy work in your favour.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Okay...I have a few ideas for either a Asgard, Tokra or maybe a Narn from B5, depending on who would work better. I kinda like the idea of an Asgard (virtually useless in armed combat but more than capable ship board).
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Reliant121 wrote:Okay...I have a few ideas for either a Asgard, Tokra or maybe a Narn from B5, depending on who would work better. I kinda like the idea of an Asgard (virtually useless in armed combat but more than capable ship board).
Asgard could be bad ass. Maybe you were frozen in one of the ship's many rooms and we didn't find you.

Keep in mind you're allowed two characters. So you could be an Asgard and a Narn that maybe got lost in hyperspace and ended up there (since the barrier between Universes are breaking down).
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'll start off with one so I can keep track of things. Asgard it is :D oh....whats the ship's name?
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Welcome aboard, Reliant. :)

EDIT:

The ship's name is the O'Neill.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Reliant121 wrote:I'll start off with one so I can keep track of things. Asgard it is :D oh....whats the ship's name?
Actually we've just been calling it the O'Neill (which I know is wrong but we haven't thought of a better name). So your toon could say its name if your toon was frozen on board and woke up.

Oh and the setting of the Asgarde ship the last season with Anubis. I think that's season 7 of SG:1?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Oh and once you post your bio I'll be happy to add it to the cast of characters :)

-Remain Star Trek-
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

If I have discretion to name the ship, I shall try and make it at least Asgard sounding. It would be a Norse mythological creature or some such wouldnt it? Thanks for the warm welcome :D
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

An Asgard would be very nice. We could have an able bodied commander for our ship. Since right now everything we do is guess work.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I tried to make it as detailed as possible, but the Asgard leave little room for individual behavior and characteristics. Most of it is just simple history.

Name: Dagfinnr
Sex: Male
Age: Unknown, Potentially limitless using cloning technology
Physical attributes: http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Asgard <-- They do in fact all look the same

Dagfinnr began life as a completely new clone genome, a periodic fusion of genetic material from two host parent's genomes. Dagfinnr looks and behaves much like any Asgard, calm reserved and collected. However, he acts slightly less reserved than some and treats life with a more positive outlook. Many other Asgard shunned his behavior as it was overly emotional and responsive, but it has never curbed his actions or behavior. Dagfinnr has an uncanny fondness for looking out of an observation window at blank starfields for many hours at a time.

Dagfinnr's career in the Asgard fleet began quite some time ago, assigning him to the science ship Völsunga conducting experiments with hazardous offensive weaponry. Supreme commander Thor comissioned the ship to investigate the destructive potential of Naquadah powered explosives and the possibility of Naquadah superweapons. The Goa'uld were likely to attempt to develop such a weapon at some point, meaning making predictions on the possible firepower of such a weapon was a necessity for the Asgard fleet. An accident occured upon the Völsunga, causing the sublight drive unit on the starboard after quarter to be blown clean away. The crew abandoned her, detonating her before her power core overloaded.

Most of the crew were reassigned, and Dagfinnr recieved no different treatment. he was assigned as an Engineering expert aboard the O'Neill class vessel Vanaheimr days after her launch. As she was one of the newest of the ships in the O'Neill class, she immediately replaced a Bilskirnir class warship in the fleet. Assigned to patrol the Goa'uld controlled slave worlds, It took the Vanaheimr no time to encounter an overwhelmingly high Goa'uld fleet. A massive battle insued, eventually leading the Vanaheimr to be overrun. However, the captain managed to hide the vessel deep in space, sending as many people as possible into frozen stasis. Only the deepest pods remained online, where few remained. However, only one room with one occupant survived the transition to this universe. Dagfinnr.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

One final question: What condition is our ship in?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I think its mostly repaired. Between the SF crew and the self repair systems.

A Narn Dreadnought could be a fun second character for you... well the captain at least... :happydevil:
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Reliant121 wrote:One final question: What condition is our ship in?
We're sitting pretty for now. Replicators are on board and have murdered two eye witnesses but no one has discovered them yet. Someone said they were going to make a post discovering them I forget who. Fwiffo, our Spathi ally in a nearby ship has detected a sensors drop (associated with Replicators hacking into the sensors-- but he doesn't know that), and he tried to warn the ship but the communication officer is ignoring him cause Fwiffo is kind of an annoying kind of guy. The ship also just boarded (via shuttle) a Ur-Quan Kor-ah vessel and slaughtered the Ur-Quan on it.

-Remain Star Trek-
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I'll do a short post of Primal and the bridge crew getting an alert to Dagfinnr's awakening, but not actually meeting with him. And of Primal telling the comm officer to listen fully to Fwiffo. ;)