Crossover RP Signup

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Crossover RP Signup

Post by Monroe »

Okay I'll go ahead and start this here until Graham can make a new forum.

Rules are simple you can pick any character from any Sci-fi or fantasy world. You can pick an established character in lore. Or you can pick one you made up from that lore. The Sci-fi must be published in book, movie, or games so that you may link us where they're from. Or you can choose someone from the three established universe posted here(though my universe i've posted so little on the forums and its fantasy so wouldn't be a good idea :P). Also popular TV shows such as 24, the UNIT, etc are more than welcomed.

Some ideas:
5th Element
Terminator
Genesis: Rising (comp game)
Dune
Star Wars
Star Trek
WH40k
Reddrick
Aliens v Predator
X-Men
Homeworld
Quake
Unreal Tournament
Doctor Who

Because of the possibility of over poweredness if anyone in the RP has a problem with a previously stated character and they voice that problem then the person must recast themselves. We don't want Q and the Beyonder here. But again we don't want little Hobbits taking a ring of power across the wastes of Arakis.

You're allowed a maximum of two characters. If one dies you can bring in another. Because we're a multi-dimensional team the possibility of adding new people is easy and deaths are okay in my book.

Don't forget please post a link to the universe you're taking a character from. I don't care if its Star Wars post a link. Something that seems like everyone should know someone might not.

Zanitav (Original Character form - StarCraft during the events of the early Terran missions of the original Starcraft as the Protoss burn worlds to wipe out infection.
Homeworld: Protoss Colony of Kabeth
Species: Protoss
A templar in training and Praelet on the Carrier- Andun's Mercy Zanitav is loyal to the teachings of khala and has fought many battles against foes untold (cause Stacraft as it exists now would mean there must be other races out there but none are really mentioned).

He is a xenophobe and dislikes younger races such as humans. He sees humanity as an easy to corrupt race that charged headlong at its own peril and only by twisted fate do they still live and only to feed the growing Zerg threat.

Equipment:
Standard issue Zealot shield belt and power armor
Energy Blades

Xan Mk3 from Unreal Tournament
Homeworld: Asteroid LBX-7683
Species: Cyborg-Human hybrid (but then again aren't all cyborgs hybrids?)
Xan may have been created in a robot factory on the asteroid LBX-7683 in the Erican Cluster, where he functioned as a mining robot built by the Liandri Mining Corporation.

In 2283 Xan led the LBX-7683 Robot Uprising in which several robots turned against the humans on the asteroid, prompting Liandri to send in a tactical squad to quell the rebellion. Xan was captured and resisted several memory wipes but was eventually reprogrammed.

Liandri later entered Xan into the underground Tournaments, which later grew into the legally-sanctioned Liandri Grand Tournament. Xan became the the leader of The Corrupt, a Liandri-sponsored team. Xan won at least two Tournaments during this time. Many people believed at this time that Xan was in fact Jerl Liandri, the founder of the Liandri Corporation, wearing power armor, presumably due to the lack of general knowledge of the LBX-7683 incident by the general public.

Xan was finally beaten in 2293 by Malcolm (UT). Liandri recalled Xan and upgraded him to Xan Mark II, and attempted to gain back the champion spot from Malcolm. This bid proved unsuccessful, and Liandri recalled him again for a complete rebuilding, during which he didn't participate for a number of years. This includes 2302, the year of UT2003.

In 2303 (UT2004) Liandri finally re-entered Xan after upgrading him to Xan Mark 3. Although he still failed to become champion, he may become a finalist, depending on how the player plays the game.
Equipment:
Translocator
ASMD Shock rifle
UT Style Flak Cannon

Last edited by Monroe on Sat May 09, 2009 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Crossover RP Signup

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I'm def in...idk who I'm going to do yet....but for now we're going to go with Iceman
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I'm going with Belgarion (Garion for short) His power is Sorcery, also called the Will and the Word. Focus your will, speak the word, and it happens. He's also the keeper of the Orb of Aldur (a semi sentient artifact that can greatly amplify his power, and makes his sword burn with blue flame.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgarion

Still debating this though.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Iceman will be an awesome twist. I'll have to read about who you're picking Mark. I'm not familiar with that.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'm still going with Jack Bauer, but I may have a second character also.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Won't he be SLIGHTLY underpowered?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Depends on the situation. Say, for example, when you don't want city blocks leveled.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Ahh.........point taken :mrgreen:

I'm actually liking another character in a series I'm reading now. Kyler Stern, the Night Angel.......from the Night Angel trilogy.

He's like a ninja assassin with some magic thingy which heightens his abilities, and allows him to keep rising from the dead. I'm only on book two right now, and he's already died three times and risen again. Can;t find any online info about him though.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Depends on the situation. Say, for example, when you don't want city blocks leveled.
Or people tortured? What season is Jack taken from?

-Remain Star Trek-
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Mark wrote:Ahh.........point taken :mrgreen:

I'm actually liking another character in a series I'm reading now. Kyler Stern, the Night Angel.......from the Night Angel trilogy.

He's like a ninja assassin with some magic thingy which heightens his abilities, and allows him to keep rising from the dead. I'm only on book two right now, and he's already died three times and risen again. Can;t find any online info about him though.
Found it!!!

These are all the same character, just different phases of his life
Wiki says:

Azoth

The enigmatic anti-hero (and main protagonist) of the series, Azoth is the jaded product of a childhood spent on the streets scrounging to survive. Originally he is part of the Black Dragon Guild, a poorly established group of adolescent thieves, divided into 'Bigs' and 'Littles' (young children and adolescents). During the part of the novels spent in Azoth's youth, he is considered a 'Little'. There is quite a measure of foreshadowing in the strongly antithetical relationship between Azoth and Rat, the Fist of the Black Dragon who is out for young Azoth's blood. Even though they have both seen the cruelest side of the world's face Azoth chose to temper himself with a sense of justice, rightful vengeance and mercy whereas Rat fell to corruption and sadism. Early on Azoth displays the characteristics of a just young man born to the wrong circumstances. It has been discussed that the theme of the night angel is introduced during the initial book in the first three characters : Azoth, who represents vengeance, Jarl, who represents justice, and Elene/Doll Girl, who represents Mercy. These two influential characters shape Azoth to be who he is. Eventually the perceived weakness of inaction is left behind Azoth as he adopts his new persona of Kylar Stern. Azoth means quicksilver.

[edit] Kylar Stern

The character who Azoth becomes. As Durzo Blint's apprentice, he learns the ways of a wetboy. Sent to the Drakes' to learn how to be a noble, he makes new friends, and enemies. Main Character throughout the rest of the series. Kylar means "one who kills" and "one who is killed." The black ka'kari chooses him to be its new master and it grants him amazing powers, not the least of which is allowing him to tap into his long hidden Talent. The black ka'kari makes him immortal - not invincible - meaning that every time he dies, he will come back from the dead. The price is high however, as each time he dies and returns, one of his loved ones will die in his place.

[edit] Kagé

Name used for Kylar when he wants to go anonymous but still claim his loyalty to the Sa'Kagé. Kagé means shadow. He uses this name when he fights in a tournament in Cenaria. He defeats his best friend, Logan Gyre, and becomes champion, though the entire tournament was rigged.

[edit] The Night Angel

The Night Angel is introduced in the series as a deity governing the forces of Justice, Mercy, and Retribution. As the story unfolds, however, the Night Angel is revealed to be the identity of the bearer of the Black Ka'kari. The Night Angel is immortal and can "devour" anything except for diamond with a touch, as explained when the Black Ka'kari said that the sword Retribution never dulled at it's touch.
And the link for the rest of the info is right here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Ange ... the_series
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Don't forget to say which phase of their life you're taking them from. Kind of like I did with my characters. Xan Mk 3 would of course be during the mk3 stage of his life :P And my protoss i explained.
Also I edited their bios to include equipment.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Main character: Commissar Ciaphas Cain, just after his little misadventure with the Genestealers on Gravalax.
Equipment:
Laspistol
Chainsword
Carapace armour chestplate (hidden under coat)

When you say we can have a second character, does that mean that it's a replacement character if our main one dies, or can we bring along a sidekick as our second?

If the latter is allowed, my second character will be Ferik Jurgen, Cain's aide who may as well be listed under his equipment section given how often they're together. :P
Equipment:
Meltagun
Lasgun
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Well seeing as we're likely going to need a medic of some sort I'll go with an Apothecary from the Iron Snakes Chapter of the Adeptus Astartes (40K). There isn't much on the Chapter itself and the Apothecaries are somewhat of side characters so I'll just make one up. Time doesn't really matter I guess, as their Chapter wouldn't have changed much but I'll go with just before the deployment against the Ork Waagh! in the Reef Stars.

Brother Phebes

Kit:
Power Armour
Sea Lance
Bolt Pistol
Narthecium

Apothecaries are often Veteran Marines with decades or even centuries of experience, so we can expect Brother Phebes to be a wise, experienced, compassionate if gruff individual.

As a back up I'll go with Cpl Dietrich from Aliens, a corpsman. Time, just after the drop on LV-426.

Kit:
Armour
Flamethrower
Sidearm
Medi-kit.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Librarian Ashok originally of the Angels Sanguine chapter, currently seconded to the Deathwatch. Librarians are Space Marines with psychic (ususally offensive) powers, but still genetically, psychologically, and surgically engineered to be superhuman warriors. Ashok himself is a powerful Librarian and one of the only members of the Blood Angels or successor chapters to overcome the Black Rage, but its effects can and do pop up at any time, turning him into an indiscriminate ball of incredibly powerful physical and psychic violence, a danger to friend and foe alike. He first succumbed before being seconded to the Deathwatch during a battle between the Angels Sanguine and a brood of Tyranids - he subsequently destroyed an entire cave complex full of the beasts, along with three of his own battle-brothers. He is on constant guard against (and in constant fear of, if a Space Marine can be said to have fear) the Black Rage taking hold, and takes steps to avoid it - he also tends to separate himself somewhat from his Deathwatch kill-teams when possible, sometimes having worked on secret agendas for his Inquisitorial masters.

Equipment:
Mark VII power armor
force staff
bolt pistol with standard and Hellfire ammo
If there is call for/room for vehicles, his last post included use of a Space Marine bike

More detail on Space Marines and their characteristics.

Secondary character to follow.

*EDIT* The links didn't transpose when I cut and pasted this. Fixed.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Monroe wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:Depends on the situation. Say, for example, when you don't want city blocks leveled.
Or people tortured?

Yep. :lol:
Monroe wrote:What season is Jack taken from?
I'm going with early season 7, just after Redemption.

Compared to these other characters, he is underpowered; for a regular human, though, he's extremely bad ass.