Possible New RP Discussion Thread

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Possible New RP Discussion Thread

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Monroe wrote:You know this would be a good RP idea. We each pick a hero from a different universe and we throw them into one and they have to work together to get back to their respective universes.

edit: I've done this twice before and it was fun. One where we ended up fighting Jesus and I was the Terminator and we had the WH40k Emperor there and one of the Ninja turtles among others. And another which was a Half-Life Xen invasion of the Star Wars Galaxy.
Mod/Admin, would that be permitted within our rules?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Trek/Wars crossover

Post by Deepcrush »

No, no uber characters... that's why I didn't take Muad'Dib.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'll be Jack Bauer. Then I can say "dammit!" a lot. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

That's not bad, you can "pretend" you're a dumbass... :P
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Monroe wrote:You know this would be a good RP idea. We each pick a hero from a different universe and we throw them into one and they have to work together to get back to their respective universes.

edit: I've done this twice before and it was fun. One where we ended up fighting Jesus and I was the Terminator and we had the WH40k Emperor there and one of the Ninja turtles among others. And another which was a Half-Life Xen invasion of the Star Wars Galaxy.
The GEoM? How do you get him in there without him utterly curb-stomping the scenario?
Well the guy who chose him was the Blackstar of our forum. Each hero that was picked their villian (or one of them) was chosen. So Horus was walking around somewhere. It kinda ruined the plot when they were battling it out. But there was some funny moments.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Mod/Admin, would that be permitted within our rules?
Well, VS fanfics are allowed here, and RPs are basicaly just stories being told and conceived by several different people. So I'd imagine yes.

The only thing we have a ban on is "can X beat Y?" discussions. As long as there's no discussion as to that, it's fine.

So I'd say it'd go fine, but you'd probably need to work out how they all fit together so you don't end up with those "X beats Y" debates. Personaly, I'd go with weapons and shields strength being the same for ships of equivelant tonnage. IE, a turbolaser is the same strength as a phaser, which is the same strength as an nBSG cannon, etc.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

The math sounds like hell to work out.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Forget the math. Rochey has it right. Big gun A is equal to big gun B,C and D...

Besides, most of the weapons and their effects would be powered by plot... :lol:

Rate the weapons by their roles.
Anti-Infantry light
Anti-Infantry heavy
Anti-Infantry-AP
Anti-Vehicle
Anti-Tank light
Anti-Tank heavy
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Exactly. Work out which warship is stronger by doing size comparisons, on the assumption that ships of equal volume will have similar power and shielding.
Thus if an Omega is as big as an Imperator Star Destroyer, they'll be capable of going head to head with each other.

Additionaly, go with similar speeds. Basicaly, Trekwarp = Warshyperdrive = B5hyperspace = nBSG jump drives = 40KWarp.
Phasers = blasters = lasguns, etc.

That way, the only advantage one universe will ever have over another is experience and competance. For example, 40K's diverse array of armoured vehicles would give them an advantage over a Trek ground force, even though lasguns = phasers.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Well if they're transfered to a universe it wouldn't matter too much what their weapons can do in their own universe. Not unless its the typical Star Destroyer lost in Star Trek galaxy scene. But if its Star Wars characters in the Star Trek galaxy then they'd be using Star Trek technology so it doesn't matter what the hell the Star Wars weapons can do.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, but then you get the issue of why they don't introduce their new friends to this new tech. Particularly when you're dealing with Trek characters, who whip new tech out of their arses on a weekly basis. Best to just assume that they've already got tech equivelant to the new stuff they find. The only new tech would be that which they don't already have an equivelant to, like SW characters seeing a Trek transporter.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rochey wrote:Yeah, but then you get the issue of why they don't introduce their new friends to this new tech. Particularly when you're dealing with Trek characters, who whip new tech out of their arses on a weekly basis. Best to just assume that they've already got tech equivelant to the new stuff they find. The only new tech would be that which they don't already have an equivelant to, like SW characters seeing a Trek transporter.
Good point. Though most SW tech requires things that don't exist in the milky way galaxy. i.e. tibanna gas, hypermatter, force, etc. But I can see that being an issue for Star Trek characters. I guess it depends on what universe is the host universe. I would think Star Trek would be since this is a Star Trek forum. But after 5 Star Trek RPs do we really want a 6th? (counting completed ones) We have yet to have a B5 verse. Sadly there's not enough info in Homeworld for it to be the host verse.

-Remain Star Trek-
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Whyt not just toss all the characters into a white room and have Q, a sentient manifestation of the Force, Aslan, Kosh and some other godlike beings show up and tell them they're going to be tested?
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

That actually sounds like fun, get rid of their weapons, and they have to think their way out the situation rather than fight their way out.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Yeah. Reminds me of the Secret Wars from Marvel.

They could do different missions from different universes. Like collect parts for a machine to fix the.. Reality Bomb the Darleks built :P Or something.

-Remain Star Trek-