Find the Founders VIII

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Find the Founders VIII

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, I agree. Shoot Nick first. If he's a Founder, we know MM&I is one of us. If he's a human, we kill MM&I. Simple. Either way, we get a Founder.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Before you guys get too stupid. Anyone thought of burning the blood?
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

By your own logic, Rochey, if you kill either Nick or MM&I and they're NOT Founders, then YOU should be a suspect. Why so keen on killing people who the odds say are probably human?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The odds are 3:1. If we don't kill one of them, then those odds drop slowly but surely until the survivors are outnumbered by the Founders. It's a matter of simple logic. Either we try and kill them, or they kill us. And three to one odds aren't that bad in the grand scheme of things.

And look at it this way: whatever happens, we kill one of them. Either Nick turns out to be a Founder, in which case no harm's done, or MM&I reveals himself to be a Founder and is promptly killed. Either way, one dies.

And if both of them turn out to have been human, then feel free to kill me. But unless MM&I is lying about his information for no reason, one of them is a Founder.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

OK... you're right that something has to be done, or we'll all end up with our insides outside. I agree with your logic, Rochey, though I'd say MM&I over Nick - he was awful quick to be the first to mention a name in suspicion...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Very true Mike. But I only offered it because I was certain
{returns to "cabin" rummages a bit} I have more proof if you want it. Personally, I went after Nick first because, if I'm going to go into a deep dark cave with someone on a hunt for what may be non-existant moss, I want to be damn sure I'm safe. Nick was the one advocating advancing deeper into the cave originally.

And there are now 8 of us left. If you kill both of us and one of us is a founder, that still leaves a human advantage (8-2=6 w/ 2 founders). Unfortunately, you may not have someone to operate the medkit if you choose the wrong one. If you want proof, I can retrieve the medkit for you.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Look, if we kill MM&I first and he was telling the truth, then we kill the only person among us capable of telling who's a Founder. Nick, even if he's human, has no importance. So either way, killing MM&I first is an idiotic idea.

And your protests have actualy gotten me quite suspicious towards you, Mikey. Why so eager to prevent us taking the most rational course of action? Trying to protect your Founder kin? If Nick turns out guilty, then I'm suggesting that MM&I test you next.

MM&I, there's no point showing us what data you have. None of us here would know how to read it. Regardless of whether or not its real or made up, it'd just look like a string of gibberish numbers to us. We've just got your word to go on.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Rational...? You haven't come up with a rational idea yet.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Look, we have have 3/8 in favour of killing our most likely suspect. If two more people jump on the bandwagon then we'll get one of them at least.
C'mon, Deep, I know you're dying to shoot something.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Rochey wrote:
MM&I, there's no point showing us what data you have. None of us here would know how to read it. Regardless of whether or not its real or made up, it'd just look like a string of gibberish numbers to us. We've just got your word to go on.
Fair point.
Deepcrush wrote:Rational...? You haven't come up with a rational idea yet.
Deep, we're stranded on a so-far deserted planet, with three founders slithering around amongst ourselves, minimal weapons and food, they've developed all sorts of ways of defeating our various detection methods except for intensive scan, I'd say going through everybody 1 by 1 is the best we can do... I'm not happy about it, but there it is.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Look, we have have 3/8 in favour of killing our most likely suspect. If two more people jump on the bandwagon then we'll get one of them at least.
C'mon, Deep, I know you're dying to shoot something.
By your actions, that want is aiming at you.
Deep, we're stranded on a so-far deserted planet, with three founders slithering around amongst ourselves, minimal weapons and food, they've developed all sorts of ways of defeating our various detection methods except for intensive scan, I'd say going through everybody 1 by 1 is the best we can do... I'm not happy about it, but there it is.
So your whole plan is to kill of your allies and hope that leaves only your enemies...? Great, you'll find them right before they kill you. Bright man you are.

Maybe instead of freaking out like a bunch of Ferengi you guys should try thinking. Or as close to it as is possible for you.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

C'mon, man, we've got a Founder right in front of us! Let's just shoot him and tilt the odds further in our favour. Yay or nay?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I'm in favor of setting a phaser to overload and just taking all of you guys out. Save me the trouble of having to care about this.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, you now made it onto my suspect list. Progress of a sort, I guess.

But since killing us all at once isn't an option, how about killing us one by one? So let's shoot Nick already!
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Well, you now made it onto my suspect list. Progress of a sort, I guess.
About time, you've been on mine since the start of all this.
But since killing us all at once isn't an option, how about killing us one by one? So let's shoot Nick already!
I vote no.