DITL Battles: Rules (Second Edition)

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: DITL Battles: Rules (Second Edition)

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Rochey wrote:I'll figure that one out later.
so, when that move actually makes logical sense....it'll never happen.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

For stuff like that we tend to make it up as we go, such as how to deal with fighters on the Akira.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I like how the rules are evolving with each game we play.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Teaos wrote:For stuff like that we tend to make it up as we go, such as how to deal with fighters on the Akira.
Aye, it's usualy a case of "shit we don't have rules for that" and then just making something up on the spot that works but also keeps game ballance.
stitch626 wrote:I like how the rules are evolving with each game we play.
Well, the GM in particular tends to be able to spot problems in the game very quickly. Stuff like a ridiculously overpowered or underpowered weapon (on that note, I'm thinking of upping the Phaser Lance's firepower, it's rather pathetic), a ship with way too many advantages, or some other feature that seems too difficult to deal with (like multiple fire crits). As such, every game played leads to more problems being spotted and corrected.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

For the lance I'd consider giving it a shield piercing bonus, even if shields are up 2/3's of the impact gets through and hits the ship bellow possibly damaging stuff.

But yeah as it is every game we play we seem to get new/more refined rules.

Also one of the cool side effects of all th games being played is that we now have stats for heaps of ships that we can use in the future.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

With these refined rules, I wonder if the result of the infamous GCS vs Lakota battle would come out the same.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I'm sure Deep would be up for that. Whether Rochey would be so keen on a repeat demonstration of the shiteness of the Galaxy is another matter. :lol:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Dude, it was a GCS. I had lost from the very start. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Rochey makes a movement test. He rolls a 20 on 2d12. GCS explodes.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I would suggest that the fires be weakened a bit. They seem to spread way to quickly and cause more damage than the actual attacks.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Not especially, Nic has delt with two different fires rather easily.

Only Mark and Rochey are having trouble and that because they literally had the front of their ships blown off twith triple the needed force, that attack bleed through starting fires in the adjoining sections. Reasonable given the massive amounts of fire power those two were throwing at each other.

But the new system we devised should help with containing the fires that are made.

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

True. I was going with how little a problem fires were in the eps. But since you have a new system, I'll just wait and see.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

But wouldn't a force field or a blast door or SOMETHING balance the fire? Even cutting oxygen to the effected sections and transporting the crew out. (one turn to complete say?)
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I think that's what the "evac the compartment" rule referred to.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That's it.