DITL Battles Time-Table

sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Re: DITL Battles Time-Table

Post by sunnyside »

Teaos wrote: Look at the map and the orientation of the ships. If its facing the starboard section of the ship it hits stuff on that side. If the attacker says he's aiming at a very specific section the chance to hit goes down. If he just says a general attack area the torpedoes are evenely spread at systems in that area.
So at the final level of detail. Say deciding wether a non specifically fired torp from the side hits a nacell or engineering it just comes down to a GM decision.
Depends on what it is. Phaser arrays can fire anywhere in line of site, disruptor banks as seen on the Vor'Cha and Negh'Var can only fire ahead with a small arc (nothing over 45) Pulse fire is pretty much dead straight with only a slight firing arc.
Fine enough.
People say they wanna move 80,000km forward... they move 80,000km forward if they get the required roll, a 7 on 2D+2 if I remember correctly.
So by default they're stationary. And probably you're starting them close together so they aren't trying to move large distances.
Honestly this is all covered in the rules Rochey posted.
He has rules, and I'm not complaining about them. They just lack the final level of detail, on a couple things like that.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

sunnyside wrote:So at the final level of detail. Say deciding wether a non specifically fired torp from the side hits a nacell or engineering it just comes down to a GM decision.
Pretty much. I generaly just roll a dice to see what it hits, but the method's up to whoever mods.
sunnyside wrote:So by default they're stationary. And probably you're starting them close together so they aren't trying to move large distances.
If a person says they don't want to move or don't mention moving, it's assumed that the captain in question gave an order to stop the ship at the end of the previous move.

Normal starting distance is up to the mod setting up the game in question. Personaly I usualy put them at extreme firing range, as it gives players a chance to stand off and fight at long range, charge towards their enemies to engage at close range, or flee weapons range altogether.
sunnyside wrote:He has rules, and I'm not complaining about them. They just lack the final level of detail, on a couple things like that
*shrug* I figured everything important was more or less laid out. Not everything's set in stone, as I'm happy enough allowing GMs a certain amount of leeway if they want to try out different methods, or have different ways they prefer doing things.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

okay, looking at the upcomming battles, I think I'm slated to do Captain Seafort (Scimitar) vs Stitch626 (Sovereign) next...seeing as Teaos is going to handle the Borg Attack, and I can't mod the 3v3.

So since my current battle is at most three phases away from completion, Seafort and Stitch might want to start doing any prepping they want to do.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

okay well, since I haven't seen any objections, I'm going to go ahead and start DITL Battle #7 going.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Huh, another draw.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

congrats, your the only captain with a clear decisive loss. :poke:
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Lt. Staplic wrote:congrats, your the only captain with a clear decisive loss. :poke:
Most inaccurate. I have lost, as well as Mikey, Stitch, and Nick. I AM the only Captain to have lost twice so far though.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Mark wrote:
Lt. Staplic wrote:congrats, your the only captain with a clear decisive loss. :poke:
Most inaccurate. I have lost, as well as Mikey, Stitch, and Nick. I AM the only Captain to have lost twice so far though.
I forgot about the Battle Royal's.... :P
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

okay, based on some random thoughts in another thread, there came about the ideas of two possible Mass DITL Battles

US Civil War take two: Anyone that lives in the US is eligible for this battle, there will be two teams: the Yanks, and the Grey. If you are from an original combatant state, you fight for that side, if you are from a borderline state or a state that wasn't part of the union at the time, you can choose your side, as long as we retain roughly equal numbers.

DITL World War 3: Anyone is eligible for this battle, and there will be several teams, if we can, one team per country (however due to possible overload of some nations, or lack of members from others we might have to pool/divide some countries).

So whose interested?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'm in for either one. 8)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

:wave: for both.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Well that's 2 for Team US

1 Yank, and 1 Grey.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I'm provisionally interested. Ask me again after the Bassen Rift re-fight.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I'm in for both.

And will the WWIII battle be using planes, or just hand to hand.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Planes, planes, planes, planes!!!!! :)
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.