Bioshock

Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Bioshock

Post by Aaron »

Upon viewing the ratings for the upcoming game Bioshock and seeing the ad for the game on the TV, I find myself intrigued. Does anyone know what the game is about? Unfortunatly I don't have an X-box 360.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

its good... i have it for PC.

you crash in the ocean, and wind up in this underwater city called Rapture. Its obviously a First person... lots of places to explore. several endings, etc..

u have your standard variety of guns: melee, shotgun, pisto, tommy gun, grenade launcher, and you can find various upgrades throughout the game. also, you can "buy" these genetic enhancements that act essentially like Force powers.

good game, its fun.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

It's out and for the PC you say? I may take a wander over to Staples and see if they have it.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

well it is here anyway. if you dont feel like wandering down to the store, it has to run through Steam (the platform that countersrike, half life, etc. ) runs off of, so you can just download it strait from there like i did.

:)
Azrael
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Azrael »

Incredible game, Best week of gaming in a long time. =) Hard is a PAIN IN THE #$@% though.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

It's done by a lot of the same people who did System Shock 1&2 (2 is one of the bast games ever made, IMO). Since the rights to the System Shock franchise have been split into a million pieces, they decided to make Bioshock, which has almost identical gameplay, but an unrelated storyline. I've seen it run; it looks amazing, and the atmosphere is actually creepier than System Shock 2. I didn't think that was possible...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

For those folks who haven't seen it yet, here's one of the trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmw78t8N ... re=related
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

it is very good, but i don't have time to play it. very creepy and atmospheric.

too bad my xbox360 has been collecting dust for the past month...\

i'm a fan of gametrailers reviews: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23824.html