Please tell me this isn't true.

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'd also be interested in such a debate, but perhaps we should take discussion of it to a seperate thread?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

I'll send a subspace communique (private message - oh, let me have the fantasy) to the webmaster, and pending a yea or nay I'll start a thread.
Go and read my fan fic "The Hansen Diaries"! And leave comments!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sounds good.
*Goes off to double check sources*
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

If you care for a third opinion, I'd be happy to chime in - if you haven't noticed yet, I'm usually good for a viewpoint from somwhere out there.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay, everyone interested in the Evolution V Creationism debate, the thread ishere
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Cool I'll get started on that thread. I like debating religion. Both sides in the end feel they win so everyone's happy :P

Working in as an electronics salesman currently I get asked so many stupid questions let me try to remember some of them for:

"What's the difference between this?" *holds up a cd* "And this?" *holds up another cd* "One's a Cd and the other is a soundtrack right? While this" *points to a third cd* "Is just a disk."

---
"I rescently bought a TI 23 ((we don't carry those)) from you and the dang equal sign is on the left side. They're usually on the right."

"Okay..." I respond.

"My question is do you carry right handed adding machines."

"You mean a calculator? That's the design choice for the company and their designed to be neutral towards hand choice." me

"Do you have the company number?"

"No sir, we don't have those listed."-me

"Let me get a pencil and pen so you can tell me..." and it continued.

---

"Do you sell any laptops that can hold music?" -customer.

---

Customer throws his phone down breaking it when he finds out that we don't carry the same stuff the other store in town carries then asks for a replacement for the phone he just threw down in anger.

---

Then there is the influx of illegal workers since the town opened up a pork plant. People asking for coord to tie ipod into wall. And people asking for a VHS machine after we've explained several times we don't carry a VCR.

Nothing against Mexicans I just don't like the illegal ones.

---

Person walks up with a fuse from automotive into electronics which is surrounded by xbox games, cds, movies, and what not, "Can you explain how this fuse plugs into my car?"

---

Then there's the ton of tech support questions we get. For some reason they think we're the person to call instead of the company that made the item.

---

So as my first week there comes to a close my faith in humanity has slipped to zilch.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:lol:
I pity you...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I used to work in a record store. I had on more than one instance an older person walk up to me and ask for a particular artist. When I asked if the customer wanted it on CD or cassette, I was asked, "I don't know. What does a '98 Cadillac Sedan deVille have?"

I was also told, when I asked if a customer wanted a particular title on VHS or DVD, "No - I want the movie."

I had been sworn at when I told someone that there was, in fact, NO Mel Brooks' "History of the World, Part II."

Someone once asked me for the new Bob Marley CD (in 1998!) When I informed the customer of the Bob Marley's current status (i.e., room temperature) they said, "Bob Marley's DEAD?!)
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

watching this now:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRUMmTs0 ... ed&search=

I like this guy's reports. Because of him I can say without a doubt men and women are not created equally :P No offense to the lone female board member lol :D
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Monroe, sounds like a lot of people who shop at the Walmart I work at...

Yes, a lot of us Americans are pretty stupid. I'm glad I'm not one of them... I hope.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Monroe, sounds like a lot of people who shop at the Walmart I work at...

Yes, a lot of us Americans are pretty stupid. I'm glad I'm not one of them... I hope.
that's funny cause I work at Walmart and I didn't even say where I worked at in my original post. lol
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Monroe, sounds like a lot of people who shop at the Walmart I work at...

Name a country that starts with an U. :P
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

shran wrote:

Name a country that starts with an U. :P
Uganda.
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Well done.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=kLXRVvA6T ... ed&search=

This is something similar but it's done by a Canadian comedian, it's about five years old and some of the things he comes out with are really dumb.