Find the founders V

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Find the founders V

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I've heard rumors that the Tal'Shiar have devices that can make a Founder talk, but we have no reliable way of containing one here. We can't generate forcefields of sufficient strength to "detain" one. Our only option is to eliminate them, and we must be careful not to damage the station even while doing that. I would suggest transporting them into space, but they're also notoriously hard to get a sensor lock on.

Basically, we'll have to use our disruptors, but very carefully.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Well, there is ALWAYS the airlock.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Of course. If we can herd it into the airlock, that would be ideal. If not, we must be prepared to vaporize it without damaging the station.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I hear a lot of talk of what we'll do to them once we've found it, but none of you seem very interested in figuring out ways to discover its identity firstly.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Other than behavioral research, I can't think of any way to identify Founders. We certainly do not have my equipment on board, nor enough knowledge to do so.
However, I agree, we should stop talking about different ways to kill something and start trying to find them.

Perhaps we should say who we suspect and why... never mind bad idea.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I suspect everyone but myself, though my suspicion of some is stronger.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Yeah same here. Hence why it is a bad idea.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

:::looks around:::

I believe I have an idea or two myself, but.......what is the human saying?

:::looks at Stitch:::

I will play my cards close to my face?
bob
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bob »

I too have my suspisions.
::looks at console::
hey, at least we know that there are only two founders on board
Anonymous lol
"Quantum" it'll make ya do things unexpectedly
Don't read this. Believe me, it's better for your health.
There! :p
hahahahahaha!
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

:: looks at Mark ::
That sounds about right.
At least we all agree on something; we don't trust each other.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

:: cautiously looking around the room ::
Yeah, I definetly agree with you there.
:: stares at Mark and looks back at the rest of them::
Yeah, I don't trust the whole lot of you.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I think it's safe to say that none of us trusts any of the others, and with good reason. Constantly repeating that fact is going to get us nowhere. Honestly, you're getting like the humans the way you keep stating the blindingly obvious.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'm beginning to wish I hadn't accepted this assignment...

That aside, I believe observation is our only option at this point. We must be patient.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Indeed.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

As each member of the crew drew more tired, an air of menace settled over the sensor post. They knew that nightfall would provide the enemy with ample opportunity to strike. And that troubled each member. Each one tried o put off discussing it as they knew that it would bring up the subject of who would have to go on watch. Finally, centurion Tsukiyumi mentioned it.

"Its getting late, and we are all tired. I think we need to rest," He said softly. Rochey's eyes immediately darted to the centurion, his pupils laced with cold suspicion. He didn't say anything, merely letting Tsukiyumi burn in the searing heat of the gaze.

"I've been thinking that. But someone needs to remain on guard..." Stitch said softly, looking gravely at the rest of the crew. Each ones face changed subtly, hinting at the emotions below. While the image they were projecting may have been one of calm calculation, he knew damn well that beneath was a boiling pan of fear. They had each seen Reliant's grotesquely mutilated body. And knew that it might happen to them.

"I move, since he suggested it, that Tsukiyumi be placed on guard duty," Nickswitz offered. A general consensus of nods came from all but Rochey, the others less skeptical than he. Nevertheless, he remained quiet once again, merely taking in every detail of the other conversations.

It was settled. Tsukiyumi had the night duty.

_____

Later that evening

Tsukiyumi paced once again through the command area of the satellite. He had trodden the same path several hundred times that evening, his left hand straying to his disruptor, and his right one ready to spring out the dagger behind him. It was quite obvious he was nervous. After all, a silent menace was lurking nearby, an indefatigable shadow ready to take him into its depths. he simply hoped, tonight would not be his night.

He was wrong.

Before he could react, the dagger in its shoulder harness lost its shape, spreading across his back like a giant pink goo. It swallowed up his body, leaving only his face to see. The gel constricted, suffocating him of air. Futile attempts to cry spluttered from his lungs, but Tsukiyumi knew it was useless. I tried to fight against the crushing volume of the founder, but that too, was useless.

Above his head, seconds from Tsukiyumi's final breath, the head of the disguise the founder had chosen appeared above him. Tsuki's eyes bulged, and he managed to utter "you!" at it before his lungs lost the air necessary to talk. Finally, the head reshaped again into the gel, and plunged itself into Tsukiyumi's throat, and solidified around his air passage. He soon drifted into the dark realm of which none return, starved of the gases he needed to breath.

once more, the gel slipped away to its compatriate.

"2, eliminated." Was the final word of the night.