Cool pics

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Cool pics

Post by Mikey »

Cold stout? Sometimes I think I'll never understand how you Brits drink beer. I've always read (and found to be true) that stouts are best served around 45 F or so.

You're right about wine, though - you can get excellent wines without spending more than $12-$15 (US) per bottle. There are good reasons to use the appropriate type of wine glass, though.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

About 54F for Guinness I think, but I prefer it ice cold so that's how I drink it - and bugger the rules :)
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

That's also how they serve it in The Old Dubliner in Temple Bar, so I think we can take that as good advice. :)
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Why in the world does one willingly drink warm beer?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Personally, I can drink wine at most occasions. it just has to be the right wine. Now i might be a bit weird, but a strong french red with a curry goes quite well. The strength of the wine cuts through the spice. It allowed me to cope SOMEWHAT with an over-spiced Jalfrezi. but say your having bread and cheese or something, i cant stomach the stronger ones. I need a soft red.

And stuff paying loads. I never go above a fiver. And i get pretty nice wines tbh when i pay attention to it.

And yes, my parents do let me drink wine, and allow me to choose what i get.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mark wrote:Why in the world does one willingly drink warm beer?
To induce vomiting?
Personally, I can drink wine at most occasions. it just has to be the right wine. Now i might be a bit weird, but a strong french red with a curry goes quite well. The strength of the wine cuts through the spice. It allowed me to cope SOMEWHAT with an over-spiced Jalfrezi. but say your having bread and cheese or something, i cant stomach the stronger ones. I need a soft red.

And stuff paying loads. I never go above a fiver. And i get pretty nice wines tbh when i pay attention to it.

And yes, my parents do let me drink wine, and allow me to choose what i get.
Yeah, well your in Europe. If you do that in North America your likely to have your kids taken away. And people wonder why we have a teenage drinking problem. :roll:
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I believe it's legal for children to drink in the home from the age of 5 here...can't remember though.

The french drink wine all the time under our age limits, they don't have mad rampaging drunkards.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Reliant121 wrote:I believe it's legal for children to drink in the home from the age of 5 here...can't remember though.

The french drink wine all the time under our age limits, they don't have mad rampaging drunkards.
That's what I'm saying, that North America's retarded alcohol laws are causing a problem. French Canadians have a similiar attitude as the actual French and IIRC they have the lowest amount of alcohol related driving incidents in Canada.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

We couldn't do it with all of our teens. We seem to have a "more more more" attitude around here.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:That's also how they serve it in The Old Dubliner in Temple Bar, so I think we can take that as good advice. :)
Maybe qualified advice, but it just isn't as enjoyable.
Mark wrote:Why in the world does one willingly drink warm beer?
I'd hardly say 40's F is "warm." And being ice-cold suits a beer far more than any ale, much less a stout. In fact, sitting refrigerated before bottling is where the term "lager" comes from.
as Bull offed Custer
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Despite bringing in 24 hour drinking, the UK is pretty tough on drinkers - not tough enough in my view. I suppose I'm not really qualified to say, but I can't imagine the rest of Europe has the same problems with alcholism, drunken violence, and teens hanging round in gangs drinking themselves silly. I can't believe their parent don't know what they're upto either *grumble grumble*

And I tend to stick with dry white wine, no matter what I'm eating. With my crappy diet, I'm not sure I need to go as far as red wine with hamburgers, white wine with fish fingers.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

kostmayer wrote:...With my crappy diet, I'm not sure I need to go as far as red wine with hamburgers, white wine with fish fingers.
That's why I always drink milk with meals. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

More cool pics on this thread!

To me, this is one of the most important images ever taken. If the Human race never again achieved anything of note, this picture would stand to say that we were a success as a species.

(Right click view image to see the whole thing)

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

8)
Are you sure we cant claim that for :DITL: ?
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Hmmm... I always seem to remember a Nike emblem in that boot tread. :wink:
as Bull offed Custer