Getting odd error messages

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Getting odd error messages

Post by Sionnach Glic »

No idea if this is happening to anyone else, but I'm getting weird error messages that I've never seen before when I try to view various random parts of the forum (for example, I've been trying for a solid half hour to post a response in the Scimitar debate).

One of the error messages is this:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User ditl has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 95
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: common.php
LINE: 210
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_connect()

FILE: posting.php
LINE: 18
CALL: include('common.php')
Now, from the bit at the start, I take it to mean that there's only X many people that the forum can support viewing it at once. Yet down the bottom of the forum, it says there's only a few people viewing it. Any idea what's up?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Getting odd error messages

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

I haven't gotten any errors like those, and haven't had any problems posting any messages since the forum has been back online. I have, however, had on occasion a "site unavailable" message in Firefox, or had the forum index display incorrectly (I'll get a screenshot the next time it happens).
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

How do you take screenshots? I'll try to take one of the error next time it comes up.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Rochey wrote:No idea if this is happening to anyone else, but I'm getting weird error messages that I've never seen before when I try to view various random parts of the forum (for example, I've been trying for a solid half hour to post a response in the Scimitar debate).

One of the error messages is this:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User ditl has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 95
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: common.php
LINE: 210
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_connect()

FILE: posting.php
LINE: 18
CALL: include('common.php')
Now, from the bit at the start, I take it to mean that there's only X many people that the forum can support viewing it at once. Yet down the bottom of the forum, it says there's only a few people viewing it. Any idea what's up?
I've been getting a similar message. The specifics ("File" "Line" and "Call") are slightly different, but the same general error. Each time I try to access the forum directly using ditl.org/forum, I've been getting a general error message like that, and it took me three tries to view this thread.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Just got the error Rochey describes when I tried to refresh the forum index just now (and in the course of posting this)

(the unfamiliar desktop is the KDE desktop in Linux)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, the "line" and "file" bits keep changing for me, too. No other forum I'm on is being affected, and I'm perfectly fine surfing the web in other places.

In addition, I got the following error when I tried to get onto the main site:
Couldn't connect to the MySQL Database: User ditl has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections
Bah, where's Ian when you need him. :P
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, the details in the error message keep changing for me, too. I'm having no problem on other sites, though.

Also, I got the following message when I tried to access the main site:
Couldn't connect to the MySQL Database: User ditl has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Here's an example of the forum "displaying incorrectly" thing that I mentioned earlier, just after I posted a reply in the Noncombatants thread in DS9:

Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

How do I manipulate a screenshot so I can post it somewhere? I can copy and paste it into word, but do not know how to save the image for upload to photobucket so I can place it here.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

me,myself and I wrote:How do I manipulate a screenshot so I can post it somewhere? I can copy and paste it into word, but do not know how to save the image for upload to photobucket so I can place it here.
In Windows, you can *print screen* and paste into Paint, and then save as a .jpg image in Paint, then upload to photobucket
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I haven't encountered that problem yet, CPH.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I haven't gotton the messed up forum, just the server errors, speaking of wich got this one when I tried to post:

Server Error
The following error occurred:

Code: Select all

Could not connect because of networking problems. Contact your system administrator. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator. 

Ian, help!!!
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Having the same problems. Good to see it's not just another case of "my brand-new computer sucking".
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

or dial-up internet doing it's worst on my end. :(
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I'm having much the same problems as Rochey describes (in TNG as well).
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.