the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Re: Preferred Pairing of Powers

Post by Granitehewer »

well if the ufp are willing to bed a warrrior culture that has no qualms about the killing of women and children in a war(am not counting 'heart of glory' as that wasn't dealing with a war situation but 'rules of engagement' was), then possibly in an alternate reality, they might be allied to the romulans, obviously the ufp issuing anti-backstab vests lol
Last night was thinking about a tholian-breen union, starting with these tabula rasa blank slates, a whole new aspect of 'trek could be written, from politics, to planets, social customs to ships, perhaps the union being formed as a counterweight to the influence of the bigger powers.
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

or a breen-gorn alliance
Breen officer: '' welcome to breen, wait......you didn't tell me,you were a poikilotherm''
Gorn Officer: ''zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz''

poikilotherm/ectotherm-cold blooded
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Or an alliance of all the minor powers we rarely see.
The Gorn, the Tholians, the Breen, etc. Such an alliance could give one of the larger powers a run for its money.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Hmm, a Breen-Tholian alliance would run pretty hot and cold, no?

Sorry.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Chris Propst
Senior chief petty officer
Senior chief petty officer

Post by Chris Propst »

Rochey wrote:Or an alliance of all the minor powers we rarely see.
The Gorn, the Tholians, the Breen, etc. Such an alliance could give one of the larger powers a run for its money.
I always have thought Tholians/Gorn/Breen would be the most interesting and make the most sense in the wake of the Dominion War.
The Dominion returned to the Gamma Quadrant (more of less), the Klingons had some serious economic problems to deal with, the Romulans were having problems especially considering the Shinzon coup (I could see a reversion to some sort of Romulan militarist philosophy), the Cardassians were wrecked (probably going to be assisted by Federation aid), and the Ferengi probably have methods to profit from it all.
In other words, we've basically accounted for all the major Alpha Quadrant powers (minus the Tholians and Gorn who have always been mysterious) except for the Breen. I got the impression that they were a major power, just an isolationist one that everyone knew was going to make a difference sooner or later, and this explains the shock when they joined the Dominion. The Breen are probably not the most popular guys in the galaxy, in other words.
I could see them allying with the Tholians and Gorn, with a sort of Humanoids vs. Not really humanoids conflict coming into play. It makes sense - I think it's pretty clear that they were meant to be the REALLY alien bad guys we'd encounter in Outer Space, in contrast to the (perhaps disappointingly) human-like Romulans and Klingons. It just so happens that the TNG-era shows happened to really run with the whole humanoid thing.
But the non-humanoids are still out there, just waiting...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Speaking of mysterious, one-off, and underused powers... I wonder where the Sheliak would fit in all this...
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Or the Tzinkathy
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Granitehewer wrote:well if the ufp are willing to bed a warrrior culture that has no qualms about the killing of women and children in a war(am not counting 'heart of glory' as that wasn't dealing with a war situation but 'rules of engagement' was), then possibly in an alternate reality, they might be allied to the romulans, obviously the ufp issuing anti-backstab vests lol
Last night was thinking about a tholian-breen union, starting with these tabula rasa blank slates, a whole new aspect of 'trek could be written, from politics, to planets, social customs to ships, perhaps the union being formed as a counterweight to the influence of the bigger powers.
Picard did quite happily shake Shinzon's hand, just after Shinzon dissolved the Senate (and later asked the woman who pushed the button out for coffee).

If they made peace with the Cardassians, I can see the Federation allying itself with the Romulans.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

[quote=] woman who pushed the button.[/quote]

Former Senator, Current Praetor Tal'Aura.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, it'd be interesting to see the one-off races come back again.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

come on guys! remember the miradorn!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Granitehewer wrote:come on guys! remember the miradorn!
No, I don't. :confused:
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, I don't remember them at all. :?
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Ah'kel and Ro'kel (vortex ds9),reuse of 'Gambit' merc ship, twins are virtually 2 aspects of one whole, dominion signed a treaty with them.......