Gamma Mission Prep

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Gamma Mission Prep

Post by Monroe »

I too like Paladin or Twilight. Maybe Paladin the class Twilight the name?
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I think Rochey's mythical list was good, i Especially like Chimaera.

I think we should have something like Bastion class, Ultimatum class, Dreadnaught class perhaps take the Japanese name of the Yamato class battleships.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Keep in mind that because this is the first ship of its class, it'd share the same name as the class name.

Personaly, I like Fenrir.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rochey wrote:Keep in mind that because this is the first ship of its class, it'd share the same name as the class name.

Personaly, I like Fenrir.
Who said it was the first of its class? :P
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

No one, but I had assumed it would be.

If it isn't, then how about the Enterprise-class? That ship deserves to have a class named after it.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

thats pretty good.

Endeavour class?
Starblazer class?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Reliant121 wrote:Starblazer class?
That's more suited for a fast ship, not a battleship...I call it.
If it isn't, then how about the Enterprise-class?
To quote Samantha Carter, "We can't name it the Enterprise."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Why not? It's a very famous ship that's saved Earth and the Federation numerous times. It deserves to have its own class name at this point.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Because the E-E isn't dead yet
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

And I think there'd be public outcry if what is quite obviously a BATTLESHIP (not a "Enhanced Deterrence Explorer" or whatever the E-E was), was named after the Fed. Flagship when the Fed has this delusion of being devoted only to peaceful exploration. The Enterprise to the publics eye is the embodiement(sp?) of that philosophy; a ship which has made great strides in exploration with the ability to defend herself NOT a slow moving ship capable of blowing any-dang-thing she pleases halfway to the Delta Quadrant.
Last edited by Sonic Glitch on Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Agreed.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Blackstar wrote:Because the E-E isn't dead yet
So? A ship doesn't need to be floating pieces of wreckage to get a class named in its honour.
MM&I wrote:And I think there'd be public outcry if what is quite obviously a BATTLESHIP (not a "Enhanced Deterrence Explorer" or whatever the E-E was), was named after the Fed. Flagship when the Fed has this delusion of being devoted only to peaceful exploration. The Enterprise to the publics eye is the embodiement(sp?) of that philosophy; a ship which has made great strides in exploration with the ability to defend herself NOT a slow moving ship capable of blowing any-dang-thing she pleases halfway to the Delta Quadrant.
Every single version of the Enterprise has been the most powerful ship in the fleet. The Connie and the Excelsior classes were both warships, yet the E was both. The Galaxy class was the most powerful Federation ship of its time. The Sovereign was clearly orientated towards a military field. Call it an Enhanced Deterent Vessel and you get the same end result as the Sovereign class.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Bollocks the Connie and excelsior were nothing like combat ships. The Excelsior herself was cataloguing gaseous anomalies. the Enterprise had survey equipmant. yes they were powerful but they were exploratory. And you remember that this is political MINDSET. as much as we arent keen on the Federations peace is all ways, thats what we are. Like it or not.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Bollocks the Connie and excelsior were nothing like combat ships. The Excelsior herself was cataloguing gaseous anomalies. the Enterprise had survey equipmant. yes they were powerful but they were exploratory.
They were also geared towards a military role and deployed as front line combat vessels.
And you remember that this is political MINDSET. as much as we arent keen on the Federations peace is all ways, thats what we are. Like it or not.
And? Nothing's contradicting that mindset by naming the class of the most powerful ship in the quadrant after the greatest (and usualy the most powerful) starship in the Federation.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

but the E-E hasn't been decomishened or destroyed. The E-nil served the fleet for 30 years before starfleet decided to decomishened it. The E-E would only be about 20 years old I think...so it's probably still in service at this point, and you can't name two ships in the fleet the same thing.