Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Gamma Mission Prep

Post by Teaos »

Gamma Mission

Set 2390

Location Gamma Quadrant

Mission: Seek, negotiate, neutralize,

Brief:

A small faction of Founders has broken away from the Dominion proper. Not willing to accept the new piece with the solids they wish to try to again dominate them.

Information on them is sketchy at best but while they do have ships and facilities there capability does not appear to be over whelming.

Due to their laws about not harming other founders the Dominion is refusing to do anything to stop this rogue faction but as per their treaty with the Federation along with some internal support from members they have agreed to allow a joint alliance strike force to enter the quadrant and deal with the threat least they provoke another war.

The strike group will operate under heavy surveillance and rules. For the duration of the mission there will be no travel between the quadrants and the only communications will be sent via the Dominion.

The mission is to find the splinter group, gather as much information as possible, negotiate a peace if possible and if needed take military action to protect the quadrant.

The exact make up of the rogue faction is unknown.

The alliance fleet as per the agreement with the Dominion is limited in the size and number of the ships they can operate. With a allowance of only three heavy ships and ten medium ships the fleet is limited in its power.

Our Fleet:

1 x New Federation Battleships, for now the USS Hummingbird

1 x Akira - USS Daystrom

1 x Nebula

1 x Nova

1 x Intrepid

3 x Romulan Norexean class ships

1 x D'Deridex

2 x Vor'Cha's

1 x Negh'Var
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Gamma Mission Prep

Post by Teaos »

Ok here it is. The mission wont start until the current one is finished, probably still a month away.

And I am aware there is probably Greek letters between Beta and Gamma but since this is in the Gamma quadrant I thought it would do.

Same general rules as last time plus a few rules specific to this mission.

Any new characters created cannot be over the rank of Lt Commander at the highest. Rank has almost no bearing on the amount of fun you can have in the roll play, Monroe was one of the lowest ranked character and had the best assignment last mission.

You are more than welcome to have multiple character on any of the alliance ships including the Romulan and Klingon ones.

Any character being carried over have 9 years worth of back story between the end of Beta and the start of Gamma.

They will obviously have moved up in the world but no one can have a command with out my approval, if everyone starts getting commands this will turn into a clusterfuck.

A few little rules that I have learnt over the last two mission:

No section 31: We tried this in our first mission and it just got messy. It is almost impossible to keep a sub plot and always tends to dominate. MM&I I know your character has ties to them if you are keeping him, you are free to have him be a retired agent that knows the way they work and about the virus ect but being an active member would cause problems.

No undercover Founders: again it happened last time and the RP exploded in a giant WTF moment. If we decide to go this way it will be pre planned in the prep thread.

The same general rules of no supermanning your character ect. Last mission went almost poerfectly so this isnt really an issue for most.

Umm.. I think thats all. I'm rushing a bit since I'm leaving soon. I asked Mikey and Rochey to keep and eye on this so it doesnt turn into a flame war like last time but everyone seems to be getting along well at the moment. I wont be around for a week so you all can sort out your character new and old, update your bio ect. Maybe come up with some character arcs and sub plots.

EDIT: Any new or old members are welcome. Since we have multiple ships and lots of players anyone who just wants to be a casual play is welcome. It would be easy to have a background character that you can use when you want to and fade into the back ground when you dont have time.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Blackstar wrote:Well, I see a potential problem already, one previosly discussed, resulting in a rather large fight. I believe Thorin's character is a Lt. at the moment while my character is a Lt. Cmd. Promoting his character over mine would require a very good(as in belivable) reason why, or an alteration in chosen positions since obviously two characters aren't going to hold the exact same position. So I think there are three options

1)Thorin's character doesn't get promoted over M'Real, which I don't think he'd agree to since he want's the XO position
2) Come up with a good and belivable reason why he was promoted over her
or
3) Flip a coin so to speak as to who gets XO and move on from there as necessary.
Well its ten years latter so rank could well be the same. Thorins character would have been serving on the Daystrom for 11 years and over saw its building. The fact that he is also a department head while you are under him as a fighter wing commander would makes it logical that he gets the position. The Daystrom is a war ship and Thorins guy is a battle trained tactical officer.

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Teaos wrote:
Blackstar wrote:Well, I see a potential problem already, one previosly discussed, resulting in a rather large fight. I believe Thorin's character is a Lt. at the moment while my character is a Lt. Cmd. Promoting his character over mine would require a very good(as in belivable) reason why, or an alteration in chosen positions since obviously two characters aren't going to hold the exact same position. So I think there are three options

1)Thorin's character doesn't get promoted over M'Real, which I don't think he'd agree to since he want's the XO position
2) Come up with a good and belivable reason why he was promoted over her
or
3) Flip a coin so to speak as to who gets XO and move on from there as necessary.
Well its ten years latter so rank could well be the same. Thorins character would have been serving on the Daystrom for 11 years and over saw its building. The fact that he is also a department head while you are under him as a fighter wing commander would makes it logical that he gets the position. The Daystrom is a war ship and Thorins guy is a battle trained tactical officer.
Well, I was actually thinking we go with option 3 and flip some sort of virtual coin.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I request permission to command the Nebula. I figure my charcter would have been an XO for maybe another 5yrs on another ship then I'm thinking a stint back at SI before he finally manages to get reassigned to starship duty. Maybe after 3yrs, for a total of 8yrs before he's finally promoted to captain. Other characters are welcome to be the crew.
It's up to you Teaos.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

There's also the issue of switching branches in the military can often drop a rank or make you stuck in one for an extended period of time.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Monroe wrote:There's also the issue of switching branches in the military can often drop a rank or make you stuck in one for an extended period of time.
Are you talking to me or blackstar?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Well, I was actually thinking we go with option 3 and flip some sort of virtual coin.
Sorry but Thorin called it weeks ago and it does make canon sense for him to get it. I'm not going to needlessly complicate things by allowing every decision to be second guessed.
I request permission to command the Nebula. I figure my charcter would have been an XO for maybe another 5yrs on another ship then I'm thinking a stint back at SI before he finally manages to get reassigned to starship duty. Maybe after 3yrs, for a total of 8yrs before he's finally promoted to captain. Other characters are welcome to be the crew.
It's up to you Teaos.
That sounds fine MMI, you did a good job of commanding last mission and your background as S31 will work in nicely, your past can be known by the Commadore commanding the fleet who can ask you about what S31 knows ect, but as I said I would prefer no active S31 opperations. Since the rest of the ships in the fleet are hardly high luxury the Nebula will be the ship that gets used for any negotiation ect.

Remeber your allowed more than one charter if you wanna place a guy on any of the other ships as a back up.

And as Thorin said most of these ships would have been upgraded over time since it is 20ish years past DS9. Ideally we would have a few new class of ships maybe but that would make things messy so we'll stick with canon and the Battleship since it is solidly planned out.

Oh yeah I think I will add a starbase type thing as well. I figure it could be a real kit bash. A half dozen cargo type ships that can fly to where we set up base, disasemble, then re assemble into a functioning supply/repair station. Probably be where our Nova hangs out when it is not out scanning stuff.

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

me,myself and I wrote:
Monroe wrote:There's also the issue of switching branches in the military can often drop a rank or make you stuck in one for an extended period of time.
Are you talking to me or blackstar?
He's talking about me. M'Real, if she hadn't already (It was never made clear) started in Starfleet Intelligence, so she'd have to switch over to be in the command devision.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Sorry but Thorin called it weeks ago and it does make canon sense for him to get it.
Actually it was Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:56 am, this morning. And how exactly would it make canon sense?

Personally I think the 'coin' would be more then fair, and I think I can make either way work for me.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Oh yeah and I think I should point out that if you put a charater on one of the other ships like a Norexean ect that you can pretty much control the ship. All the captains are NPC's and thus can be used by you with in reason.

EDIT:
Actually it was Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:56 am, this morning. And how exactly would it make canon sense?

Personally I think the 'coin' would be more then fair, and I think I can make either way work for me.
Mikey as CO and Thorin as XO was brought up as soon as I came up with the idea for this mission weeks ago.

As I pointed out Thorins guy has been on the Daystrom the longest and is the Chief tactical officer and you are under him in chain of command, he would get the position of second in command given the situation of Fletcher, Teaos and Rochey all leaving the ship.

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

well, then if he gets Daystrom XO then I feel that it would be better to have M'Real on a different ship, and have a secondary character on the Daystrom
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

That would work fine. You could even be a iiason officer on one of the Klingon or Romulan ships. I'm going to have quite a few character with all the captains ect. Although most of them are NPC's which anyone can use.

EDIT: And if we're going with the idea that Rochey is here as a officer/observer on behalf of the Tholians it might make sense to have a represenative from the Gorn and other major powers in the fleet.

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Character: May i request that Darel be trasnferred as the battleships helmsman and get a rank of LT.

And may a create another character to take on the D'Deridex. I think it'd be good to get another species angle.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

1 x New Federation Battleships, for now the USS Hummingbird
Can we please change that name? Sorry, but "Hummingbird" isn't exactly an appropriate name for a battleship.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"