Pic Request re: Dominion uber-ships

Deep Space Nine
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Pic Request re: Dominion uber-ships

Post by Granitehewer »

Hi
I'm absolutely pants at finding the right images, and right now am having a rather heated debate* about the dominion dreadnoughts in 'What You Leave Behind', and am in need of any good images or screencaps, if anyone has any,please pm me.

*the typical in-universe arguments of:
A)The dominion left their mega-ships in proximity to cardassia, cordonning off the major systems and so weren't engaged/seen in the earlier battle (like Sauron keeping back the bulk of his horde behind the Morannon rather than sending the lot to Pelennor, thus siskos' horrified expression was in regards to the size of the ships, not the size of the fleet,which potentially judging by the previous battle was a known quantity)..........vs......

B) They're just at a different distance to the viewer, in this case Sisko, and so seem much more huge
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Pic Request re: Dominion uber-ships

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

There's also TrekCore. This is probably the best image for calculating size:

Comparing the length of the Breen ship to the spacing of the ship's prong's, and using the schematics here, I make the Dominion ship about 19 times the length of the Breen. Using the DITL figure of 300m for the Breen ship, this makes the Dominion ship about 5.7km long.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

:laughroll:

:poke:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Chris Propst
Senior chief petty officer
Senior chief petty officer

Post by Chris Propst »

God, the Breen were so cool. I'd love to hear from them again.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

thanks seafort, thats a pretty good image, i love the ship schematics site, use it for sculpting ships.
i don't have a pc and imagine that if i did, things like screencaps would still be beyond my feeble ''skills'', lol.
Had hoped that the breen would be in the new movie, perhaps with them betraying the romulans somehow.
5.7km.....holy sh*t, wouldn't that make more sense to be a station?
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Stations can't mov, ships can. WIth even a few of these ships leading the fleet the Alliance would have to commit huge amounts of ships to face them.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, each one of those four ships could probably take on a small fleet of ships on its own and come out alright. The mere existence of four of those ships implies a lot for the Dominion's industrual capacity.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

How could the Breen turn on the RSE... You do remember that they are enemies right?
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

The old Romulan saying;

"Never turn your back on a Breen"
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

some stations can move, eg 'Emissary' DS9 using thrusters etc.......
did we see them move or could they have been built en situ over cardassia?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I believe we saw them moving.
And yes, DS9 can move, but not quickly enough to be useful in combat, and not at FTL speeds to be useful strategicaly.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

thats true but i didn't see them moving on the end footage from ''What you Leave Behind part 1''(am not using the similar but smaller designs from other episodes which we know to be ships), and i was responding to a point that ''stations don't move''
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I believe we did see the Dominion Battleships move, but I'll look the footage up on YouTube. And even if we don't, logic dictates that they have engines.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

We saw the Battleship move in "Valiant" but we never saw the uber massive ones move, but they had nacelles so we can assume they can.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.