So... what did you like about Enterprise?

Enterprise
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

So... what did you like about Enterprise?

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Title's the topic. ;)

I liked that the humans weren't really perfect, in it. It did make sense, since they're only a century after World War III. Also, the MACOs. Pure badass, right there.

So what did you like? What did you feel they actually did right?
Crushproof
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Crushproof »

In a mirror, darkly
In a mirror, darkly
In a mirror, darkly
In a mirror, darkly
In a mirror, darkly
In a mirror, darkly
In a mirror, darkly
"It is the way of all Empires, old Comrade, to fall prey to the next" ~Mirror Chekov
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I liked the season four stuff. Not only did it fix a lot of problems like the evil vulcan thing, but it set up a lot of stuff that would happen in the future. Like the alliance between humans, Vulcans, Andorians, and Tellerites hunting down the Romulan drone. Just one of the things that forshadows the formation of the Federation. I would've loved to see what else they could have done had the series continued. I think Season four had a lot of what we, or at least I expected from the series in the first place.

I still laugh about the fact that the best episode in the series took place in the mirror universe. The best episode didn't even have the normal characters in it!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Season 4 was pretty good, and I liked the mirror universe.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I liked all the characters besides Reed and Mayweather. Reed was just frustratingly negative most of the series adn Mayweather... who the hell is this guy? We know like almost nothing about him. He's just there. And he looks funny.

The MACOs rocked. I think Star Fleet should always have actual soldiers on their ships. Other universes do it. Caused a lot of good character development in the third season too and introduced some characters the audience could identify with and then suddenly kill off.

Some of the reoccuring characters were awesome too. Shran rocked, loved that fight between him and Archer. The Vulcans were awesome. I loved their meaner look. I think its silly to think that Vulcans never had their internal problems. And Terra Prime and the transporting appehension added much needed realism about technology and politics of the day.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Major Hayes, In a Mirror..., seeing various species for "the first time"
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

what did i like...?

i loved the story arc of the xindi weapon.. gave the story an engaging purpose...

...The ground battles were wayy cool because of the MACOS. ...

.....Phlox... and Porthos lol...

.. the Beautiful FX...

... enterprise J :P
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I wasn't a big fan of the Xindi arc my self...

I liked how no one knew who the hell Humans were.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I did love season four, yes. Everything just clicked then. You could see the beginning of it, of the Federation and of what we knew and loved in TOS.

I also liked how much the Andorians were used. Sorta like the Klingons in TNG. Shran reeked of cool, natch.
cbosdell
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by cbosdell »

Just about everything except it ended 1-6 seasons prematurely.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

cbosdell wrote:Just about everything except it ended 1-6 seasons prematurely.
Agreed. Just as it was picking up steam... :(

Oh, and MACOs own stormtroopers. Just saying... ;) :lol:
I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by I Am Spartacus »

Agreed, the MACOs. It was nice to see a dedicated security force, instead of just redshirts with phaser pistols as is the Trek norm.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

I liked the concept of the show. Going back and exploring the pioneering days of deep space exploration, seeing the evolution of the technology we've become familiar with. I liked the story arcs. Even the Xindi story was good, I thought.

If only Berman and Braga had kept to their orginal concept. And made it so that the Humans weren't the only ones in the 22nd century. Like the Klingons. The Klingons in ENT seemed just as powerful as they were in the 24th century.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

well the Klingon empire is over a thousand years old isn't it? They should be around the same strength as the 24th century. To me the Klingons seemed even more powerful in relation to the other species than they do later on.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I didnt mind much at all that the Klingons were much the same. I always thought they would be a very slowly advancing culture. Only making leaps fowards when they steal the tech.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.