Pictures from the new TOS movie

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Pictures from the new TOS movie

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Captain Seafort wrote:It depends when he travels back to. If it's years, or even deacades, before the Connies are designed then the Feds may well change the design based on the simple fact that a new heavily-armed ship has appeared, sensor scans of said ship, with its presumably much more advanced technology, or both.
I recall reading that he goes back way before the Connie is designed, so this may be very close to what actually happens.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, that'd work. Hell, the Klingons lost 47 ships in one engagement with it, right? It's quite possible that Starfleet's inteligence branch noted that a fleet of ships had been destroyed in one engagement, and said "we need to seriously redo the Connie to deal with this".
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Rochey wrote:Aye, that'd work. Hell, the Klingons lost 47 ships in one engagement with it, right? It's quite possible that Starfleet's inteligence branch noted that a fleet of ships had been destroyed in one engagement, and said "we need to seriously redo the Connie to deal with this".

Is that something we're going to see in ST:XI? I've heard that before, Nero destroys them or something.

I'd be grateful if you guys could refrain from posting too many spoilers. I know too much about this film already. :?
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

LaughingCheese wrote:I'd be grateful if you guys could refrain from posting too many spoilers. I know too much about this film already. :?
Psst... I heard that Kirk wins. :lol:
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

LaughingCheese wrote:...I'd be grateful if you guys could refrain from posting too many spoilers. I know too much about this film already. :?
I'll agree with that. However, a lot of this stuff might be misdirection on Abrams' part; he's done it with Lost, Cloverfield and Alias. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of details we've heard are false.

Lazar - :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Lazar wrote:Psst... I heard that Kirk wins.
no he doesn't, that's why they recasted, you can't kill William Shatner, this new guy however...
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Lazar wrote:
LaughingCheese wrote:I'd be grateful if you guys could refrain from posting too many spoilers. I know too much about this film already. :?
Psst... I heard that Kirk wins. :lol:
One would hope... :lol:
Tsukiyumi wrote:
LaughingCheese wrote:...I'd be grateful if you guys could refrain from posting too many spoilers. I know too much about this film already. :?

I'll agree with that. However, a lot of this stuff might be misdirection on Abrams' part; he's done it with Lost, Cloverfield and Alias. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of details we've heard are false.

Lazar - :lol:
Oh crap...cause a lot of the details that have been leaked make it sound pretty good actually, like the quantum theory of time travel, etc.

Actually, perhaps we can hope that the picture of the new Enterprise is one of those snipes of misinformation, and that they actually came up something that's modernish but not as radical as the new design.

Oh wait, we already saw the new design in the trailer...blimy. :?
Lt. Staplic wrote:
Lazar wrote:Psst... I heard that Kirk wins.
no he doesn't, that's why they recasted, you can't kill William Shatner, this new guy however...
LOL
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Is that something we're going to see in ST:XI? I've heard that before, Nero destroys them or something.
Word on the web is that Nero's supership bitchslaps 47 Warbirds. No idea how true it is, or even if it came from Abrams. Hell, even if it's true we might not necessarily see it happening.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

that would suck, I want to see the warbirds go boom.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

If STXI try to use quantum theory to explain time travel it wouldn't be cool. There is no quantum theory of time travel, whatever the press and that crazy rotating laser 'physicist' may tell you.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote: Word on the web is that Nero's supership bitchslaps 47 Warbirds. No idea how true it is, or even if it came from Abrams. Hell, even if it's true we might not necessarily see it happening.
A Romulan with a super-ship huh? Now where have we seen that before...
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

At least they could have made it an Orion with a supership.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Cpl Kendall wrote:A Romulan with a super-ship huh? Now where have we seen that before...
Never. We have, however, seen a cloned human with a supership. :P
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Never. We have, however, seen a cloned human with a supership. :P
Ahh but he was raised as a ghoul...err Romulan slave.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Thorin wrote:If STXI try to use quantum theory to explain time travel it wouldn't be cool. There is no quantum theory of time travel, whatever the press and that crazy rotating laser 'physicist' may tell you.
It's not a quantom theory of Time travel, it uses quantom theory to explain the differences after Time travel has occurred.

By being there Nearo will change the quantom structure of the universe as it had happenned before possably producing several changes in the development of the time-line.