Game mechanics, dice rolls, and other crap

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Characters

Post by Deepcrush »

I can do that after we get the stats up.
Methinks Deep forgot to check the equipment I listed for myself. :P
No worries, I fixed it for him.
I gave you the basics since you didn't send me anything. I told everyone I could always fix it later... :wink:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The stats themselves are fine. Just the equipment was wrong. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I have every intention of doing some housekeeping. Hardware issues, you know. I'll get to it soon.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I gave your medic a laspistol because of the weight. Laspistol's and their ammo are a lot lighter then AutoPistols and their ammo.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Edited mine, too - I don't see my character, or any Inquisitor or Inquisitor-in-training, carrying a longarm as a matter of course. He's going to have to deal with person-to-person situations in which an Inquisitor-type may be more accepted to carry a chainsword than a rifle. I may go ahead and add something to keep in the safe house for seek-and-destroy campaigns, but I'll see about that.
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Flamers are pretty large Mikey, the combi weapon allows you to use the weapon in more then one function. Plus, Inquisitors use whatever gets the job done. There is no "real set" for gear. Its whatever works best at what they want at the time. You should also remember that you don't have too always use the same weapon. This isn't table top. In fluff 40k, person's most often carry both a ranged weapon kit and close combat kit.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mikey wrote:...I may go ahead and add something to keep in the safe house for seek-and-destroy campaigns, but I'll see about that.
I was thinking I could leave some of my equipment there as well.

BTW, on my character - he's sort of an insane guided weapon; Mikey points, he attacks. If anyone wants to include him in their posts, just remember he rarely speaks, and would only follow direct orders from Mikey's character. If there's nothing else going on (and he has no other orders), and your char wants to ask him to do something, he'd likely go along just to have something to do.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

That would make sense. The whole thing about ferals is that they just kill. They don't really need a reason other then it makes the Emperor happy. Their a lot like Ogryns in that way, only not as stupid or as big. But becareful not to mistake their simple mindset for lack of brain power. They're wise in survival, combat, tracking, loyalty, honor and trustworthliness. Their also experts at reading people. Not in the like of a psyker but in that they can tell when someone is lying or is about to commit to an action.

Feral's are also very pack like. Those that they count as friends or family will have a place of meaning. In SW we call them Wookiees, but shorter.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I was talking about a hand (pistol) flamer; as you say, I could "requisition" any kind of weapon at any time - I'm just talking about the personal gear Milo carries with him. Tsu's char is the Culexus assassin - Kendall's is the feral.
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Hey, its your guy. I was just giving you the options.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Deepcrush wrote:I can take care of the character stats. Everyone should fillout the below list and PM it to me. I'll take care of the rest so that Mikey doesn't get to swamped. I'll PM everyone back with the stats so we can work everything out and keep everything fair.

Mark yourselves on a scale between 1 (being crap) and 5 (being awsome).

WS =
BS =
Str =
T =
In =
Ld =

Armor
-----------------
Weapon/s
-----------------
Special gear
-----------------

Please remember to list any extra's you may be attaching too your characters.
< totally confused on what ^ means. Glad you figured it out for me and I'm cool with you editing my profile just someone please explain how I would fight someone now :P I'm excited to learn it looks a lot of fun but no clue how to use whatever that is.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Monroe wrote:...I'm excited to learn it looks a lot of fun but no clue how to use whatever that is.
Well, that makes two of us.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

I'm sticking close to Reliant. A meltagun! :Drool1:
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Monroe wrote:
< totally confused on what ^ means. Glad you figured it out for me and I'm cool with you editing my profile just someone please explain how I would fight someone now :P I'm excited to learn it looks a lot of fun but no clue how to use whatever that is.
I think the idea (the last one I remember agreeing too anyways) is to post what you intend to do in a comment or planning thread, Mikey will role for us and then we post the outcome. As long as you play to your strengths (IE: my guy should be engagin in HtH most of the time) it should go well.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

...AND I won't be relying on dice for important plot points, nor will I allow a freak roll kill or maim an NPC.

The system is pretty simple, if you want an explanation: roll equal to or less than your listed value to succeed. E.g., if you have a WS of 4 and you're trying to shoot someone, you need to roll a 4 or less on a six-sided die.

Armor is the opposite: if you have an armor save of 5+, then your armor prevents damage on a roll of 5 or 6.

We're basically just going to use random rolls only to describe some action, not to direct the storyline.

And thanks to Kendal for the die-rolling widget.
as Bull offed Custer